Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,338 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    thorsoak wrote: »
    Well done Mooloo - and remember what has been said to you "you are an asset to the town! You need to make a cushion for your chair with those words embroidered on them! Be proud!

Great idea.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I am hoping DS and his GF get their act together and turn up for a meeting with Biggest and the boys at the library this morning.
    My friends seem to be behind me all the time at the moment, helping me out with Dgd, and getting us to go out etc. Looks like Friday night has become dinner in the pub night!
    I have started designing clothes for the artist chap and I expect to work on his clothes range over the weekend. He needs samples by Monday.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't forget to charge him for the samples! He won't be giving samples of his work away for free! A baker will give you a mouthful of a cake - not a whole cake! And don't forget to quote him BIG for his clothes - he certainly will!

Remember - you are a Business Woman and an Asset to the Town! Be Proud of your work and be prepared to charge well for it :-D
  • beanielou
    Options
    Happy Friday :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 May 2018 at 6:10PM
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    To night I have been at a Community Meeting at a local private school that is celebrating 100 years in the town.
    Obviously I wasn't sure I should go or if I would stand out like a sore thumb but actually I enjoy it. I saw a few faces I knew and was introduced to others.
    I actually was told by several other businesses that I was an asset to the town.
    After the week from hell. It was probably the best thing I did .

See I can face a garden full of strangers and stand tall!
    Who knew!!
    Do it Scared!!!

Brilliant, Mooloo :T

ETA As Thorsoak said, you must charge him for the samples.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Well I have had a day today, a good one for a change.
    Although I didn't manage to actually Sew very much. I have been busy with fittings and serving. Had to nip out at Lunchtime to take Mum to move her money around. Got back to a shop full of people.
    We managed to bank £220 and take £153 on the card machines
    I had a new customer from my networking last night, with two dresses to alter.
    Then I am in the local newspaper online for supporting the football colours in the Shop window and today I had a phone call from the BBC to be interviewed on local radio on Monday morning!
    Wow! What a huge boost to my morale that is. (And free advertising obviously!)
    ExBF has decided that he won't collect his stuff today now as he wants to collect when I am home. Which is fine by me as I am not sure if I want him to go in when I am not there. He was originally going to get his stuff, and leave the key.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,853 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Congratulations Mooloo! It sounds as though you've had a lovely day. Long may the positive things continue for you :A

Re XBF Don't let him put you on a guilt trip when he comes round for his things..it's his loss and he probably knows it so may try to worm his way back in. You're worth a lot more than he was offering. ;) XX
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    Chrystal wrote: »
    Congratulations Mooloo! It sounds as though you've had a lovely day. Long may the positive things continue for you :A

Re XBF Don't let him put you on a guilt trip when he comes round for his things..it's his loss and he probably knows it so may try to worm his way back in. You're worth a lot more than he was offering. ;) XX

Exactly! Mooloo, you don't need him in your life hun, he was dragging you down. Look what you've achieved alone today, and on top of all the stresses of the past week or two. Strong women often don't appreciate their own strength....take it from someone who also struggles with that.....you are an incredibly strong woman. Today you are the Phoenix arising from the ashes xxx
  • beanielou
    Options
    Glad thay you have had a good day.
    Good news on the free advertising :j

• thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Make sure that you have an "appointment" for about half an hour after ex BF comes to collect his stuff - you don't need any more post-mortems or grand reunions, Mooloo .....onwards and upwards - you deserve far far better than someone who can blow as hot and cold as he does!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure