Bifolds

Options

Comments

• Geileskey
    Options
    I'm sorry but that suggestion is as much use as a chocolate teapot! I'm after personal recommendations from people on the forums who have past experience with bifold installers, not search results that can lead me to bad companies, and it appears that there are plenty out there.
  • ytfcmad
    ytfcmad Posts: 380 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Geileskey wrote: »
    I'm sorry but that suggestion is as much use as a chocolate teapot! I'm after personal recommendations from people on the forums who have past experience with bifold installers, not search results that can lead me to bad companies, and it appears that there are plenty out there.

Why don't you ring Schuco in Milton Keynes and ask them to recommend someone?
  • Geileskey
    Options
    I looked at their website and filled in their form last week but they still haven't contacted me.
    Will call them up, thanks!
  • ytfcmad
    ytfcmad Posts: 380 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Geileskey wrote: »
    I looked at their website and filled in their form last week but they still haven't contacted me.
    Will call them up, thanks!

Sounds about right. Tell them you want to open an account then they'll get back to you.
  • alfed
    alfed Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Interesting thread,I'm also in the market for bi folds,currently looking after just returning from a local trade show at a company who have fastfold aluminium fold doors,manufacturer is windoorcareuk also priced very reasonable £3700inc vat for a grey aluminium 3900 wide,have looked at a schoco system but priced way to high and quality was no different to what I've seen the company's website is windoorcareuk.com there trade stand was very busy and leading me to think they had a lot of interest,quality of the bi folds looked excellent would be interested to see if anyone has used this company.
  • UnreadyEthel
    Options
    A very interesting thread. I hope some of you are still around to give further advice.

We're in South East London. I'm being advised to chose from the following companies and wondered if anyone has any thoughts, comments or experience (good or bad) with any of these.

Solarlux (via ODC)
    Urban & Grey
    Express bi-folding doors
    Jeld-Wen Canberra solid oak doors

We need bifold doors and would like as slim a frame as possible. We've been burned in the past with a company advertising in the glossy mags with a seemingly great looking product and a good reputation (even showing some industry memberships and a royal crest they weren't entitled to) and they were dreadful so it has made us quite distrustful of the brochures, websites, 'customer testimonials' etc.
  • leveller2911
    Options
    Darpan wrote: »
    If you are after Slim Frames the AluK products we fabricate have a 58mm frame

I can send you over brochures if you email darpan@arkaywindows,com or call me on 07876 748 103

Hope this was helpful

Darpan

You may want to look at the forums rules with regards to promoting your own business.
  • BBBBL
    Options
    I have 7 casement windows and 3 french doors, saw the above thread is mainly on bi-folds, but would appreciate if you could recommend a good quality manufacturer for both windows and doors. Many thanks
  • starving_artist
    Options
    BBBBL wrote: »
    I have 7 casement windows and 3 french doors, saw the above thread is mainly on bi-folds, but would appreciate if you could recommend a good quality manufacturer for both windows and doors. Many thanks

I am planning to replace a French door and a couple of windows. Very few companies offer French doors as big as I need (2160mm x 2450mm) but I got quotes from ukbifold (who supply Reynaers) and Express bifolding doors (Schuco). The quote from ukbifold was considerably less than Express. I have been impressed with their customer service as I have had extensive communication with them over a long period for various reasons. I will probably go with them.
  • nick4692
    nick4692 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Doors at the sizes you're after are perfectly possible with Aluminium. SAPA, Schuco, AluK, Smarts and other systems can all create doors at the sizes you need and larger. Happy to help you further if you need some information and advice.
    A lifetime of double glazing and trying to improve the image of it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback