Bifolds

Options

Comments

• Eve77
    Options
    Is Nick4692 active and willing to comment? Would much appreciate your thoughts.
  • king132
    king132 Posts: 115 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nick,

Been reading your comments on this thread with interest, hope you can help. I'm looking at some bi-folds roughly 4m by 2m.

Had a few local guys pop round with some Smart System was quoted £600 per pane, plus £600 with fitting. Total 3k which seemed good value. A bit too cheap maybe?

They also quoted £900 per pane for Schucho with same cost for fitting

A friend of a friend works as an installer for Panoramic Windows UK and recomended having a look at thier product? The promo stuff looks impressive. 4.5k is what they are asking?

In terms of the size of bifold and a pretty much max budget of 4.5k, what would be my best option? Are there other bifold designs which would be better bang for buck?
  • ytfcmad
    ytfcmad Posts: 380 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nick, are Smarts still the biggest?
  • nick4692
    nick4692 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, Yes as far as I'm aware, Smarts still the biggest systems company closely followed by AluK
    A lifetime of double glazing and trying to improve the image of it.
  • William81
    Options
    Hi there, anyone had any experience with the Dutemann FD85 bifolds? I really like the look especially the slimline profiles. Have also been looking at the SUNFLEX bifolds but lead times are 12-14 weeks from our local supplier!

Any advice gratefully received.
  • William81
    Options
    Great Nick. Many thanks.
  • jimmyboy420
    jimmyboy420 Posts: 1,004 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Nick,

Thanks for your advice in this thread.

I've had a few quotes for origin doors - how do they stack up in terms of thinness of aluminium and general quality? I'm looking at a 4.7m wide 4 door bifolds.

The other company I've been considering is express bifolds, but I can't figure out whose product they supply or if it actually is their own?

Thanks,

James
    3.924kWp (12X327Wp SunPower). SolarEdge SE3500 inverter.
    Surrey/SE. 30 degree roof pitch, chimney shading from mid afternoon.
  • jimmyboy420
    jimmyboy420 Posts: 1,004 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Nick,

I think it's coming down to Smarts (from someone else, not express bifolds, who are very expensive), origin, and possibly everglade air 800 but I'm waiting for the local supplier to call me back about the Airs.

I'm keen to get smaller sightlines if possible than origin offer, but I take on board your advice from the website about other things being more important. Having said that - we're going for a 4 door with no traffic door. What is the origin floating mullion? That, along with the relatively large sightlines seems they may find to have an impact on the aesthetic of the door.
    3.924kWp (12X327Wp SunPower). SolarEdge SE3500 inverter.
    Surrey/SE. 30 degree roof pitch, chimney shading from mid afternoon.
  • beft
    beft Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi Nick,
    You have been very helpful with this topic and I hope you can provide some advice here.

I am currently in the process of getting a 4m*2.1m Bifold doors as well as a 2mby1m Stratus Sky lantern.

Both Aluminium products. so far Sky lantern has be fairly easy to Navigate but there seem to be so many options/sellers for Bifolds.
    What I need is 4 panel doors with integrated blinds and a traffic door. Based on my budget I have been discussing with Windoorcare and Alulux.
    Do you know any information/stories about these companies? their prices seem to be the most competitive so far but I don't want to go on price alone.
    Any advice/alternative sellers will be much appreciated.
    Thank you

Beft
  • longwalks1
    longwalks1 Posts: 3,738 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We had a small bifold supplied and fitted (aluminium, 2 panel, total width was 2.4m) and we paid £1,850 i think for a company just north of London. Very impressed with them

We are looking at wider doors for an extension (up to 5m wide) and im budgeting approx £1k per metre for them
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback