Credit Card Reclaiming Discussion

Options

Comments

• Sophiemou
    Options
    Hello, I’ve read and searched so many articles and threads about claiming ppi on credit cards, specifically Nat West credit cards and I’m hoping someone can help. I’ve had 2 cards since 1994 which are both still active. I made enquiry on nat West site and got a letter back saying I’m not entitled to anything ( can’t find letter now). Should I call them and ask for copy of letter and try again. I’ve not got any original paperwork due to being out of the UK for the last 20 years. I find it really odd that I don’t seem to find any success stories for reclaiming ppi or tariff charges from Nat West. Any advice gratefully received. Many thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It won't have said you're not entitled to anything. It might have said you didn't have PPI. Or that they rejected your complaint reasons.

You'll only have a successful complaint if you had PPI and have valid mis sale reasons.

You can't have a second go at the same complaint. If within 6 months, you can go to FOS.
  • Lisa_v
    Options
    Iv got 5 credit cards im paying of all of them had late payment charges going into nearly a thousand on each one when partner lost his job can i claim it back
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    No. .
  • Alley_McVino
    Options
    As a new user to this forum, I seek advice as to whether i can re-instate my claims against Barclaycard and Capital One for credit cards issued to my wife and myself. I applied and both claims were rejected in the pre-Plevin era. Now we are in the post-Plevin era is it worth challenging again their original decisions? Thanks in advance.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    No. But you could make a complaint under Plevin, if there was excessive commission.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 12 May 2018 at 1:29PM
    Options
    As a new user to this forum, I seek advice as to whether i can re-instate my claims against Barclaycard and Capital One for credit cards issued to my wife and myself. I applied and both claims were rejected in the pre-Plevin era. Now we are in the post-Plevin era is it worth challenging again their original decisions? Thanks in advance.

Plevin doesnt reopen old complaints or allow you to complain again about missale. It is a new thing with limited criteria.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    . I applied and both claims were rejected in the pre-Plevin era.
    The Plevin Ruling is not an opportunity to make your original complaint again. It's a separate issue concerning undisclosed commission.

It's certainly not a new "era".
  • brown1950
    Options
    No. .

Would you kindly explain in more details reasons behind your answer ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback