Halifax switch offer

Options
Just curious if anyone who took advantage of the Halifax switch offer in November 2018 has been paid their £85 for holding the account for 6 months yet? I switched mid-Nov and was paid the initial £50 very quickly - I've since made sure to use my debit card to pay for something, maintained the minimum monthly pay in, and signed up for paperless statements. I'm gonna chase it up on the weekend when I have some time, but I was curious if anyone has had any experience with this yet? Cheers

Comments

• BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Like you I switched mid Nov and got the £85 paid on 17th May.
  • MisterMotivated
    Options
    Yep, I got the £85 last month, no problem. Not bad considering I've held a Halifax account since for over 20 years.

Did you use the debit card to pay for something in November?
  • Brewer20
    Brewer20 Posts: 395 Forumite
    Options
    I'm still waiting too, used the card and met the requirements. It's been over 6 months now, my wife hasn't been paid the £85 either, she has met the requirements too.
  • Brewer20
    Options
    Did you use the debit card to pay for something in November?

Would this be the problem, I think we may have?

There's no stipulation when it should be used, just you must use it, is once enough?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I haven't had the £85 either. Switch date was 27 November. I received the initial £50 before the switch completed. All requirements have been met. I was expecting the second part of the bonus around 27 May. I'd be interested to hear the outcome of any enquiries made with Halifax by others if posted here.
  • MisterMotivated
    MisterMotivated Posts: 518 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 June 2019 at 11:30AM
    Options
    Brewer20 wrote: »
    There's no stipulation when it should be used, just you must use it, is once enough?

Just to be on the safe side, I took it to mean once a month and not just once since the switch. I used the debit card once (sometimes twice) each month from November, the month my switch took place, until May, when I received the bonus.
  • Brewer20
    edited 8 June 2019 at 11:38AM
    Options
    I assume you mean once a month and not just once since your switch? I used the debit card once (sometimes twice) each month from November, the month my switch took place, until May, when I received the bonus.

Just once, not once per month.

There's no stipulation that it should be used each month, unless I've missed it in the T&C's?

It says ........... "Made a payment using your Halifax debit card."
  • MisterMotivated
    Options
    They don't stipulate using it each month, but I decided to do it anyway just in case I had missed something. I'd be interested to know how often others who've received the bonus used theirs.
  • Brewer20
    edited 8 June 2019 at 12:11PM
    Options
    They don't stipulate using it each month, but I decided to do it anyway just in case I had missed something. I'd be interested to know how often others who've received the bonus used theirs.

Me too, I'm getting anxious I've not used it enough.:think:

I set up 2 DD's too and have been getting a £2 bonus for that each month, not sure if it will be kept or ditched.
  • SuperHans1
    SuperHans1 Posts: 156 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm considering taking advantage of this offer as I have had an account for years. Is £135 the highest incentive that Halifax have ever offered or is it worth holding out for a better incentive?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure