please stop using the wrong database for credit checking

Options

Comments

• OyzterShell
    Options
    Experian have corrected their records to match the Electoral Role, MSE say they won't.

This is an MSE invented problem.
  • OyzterShell
    Options
    You are incorrect. Experian *have* my correct address, MSE holds an incorrect address for me and won't allow me and others to correct them.

It goes like this, I live in a flat in a house which can be represented as

123A Street

Flat A, 123 Street

get the idea?

MSE have chosen to use the PAF date picker which is *not* the appropriate address DB for credit checking. Credit checking is about a *PERSON* not a delivery point <-- technical term if you know what the PAF is for.

MSE recognises my delivery point (in broad terms a post code plus a bit) but not me or anyone else beyond the delivery point. This would be fine if I wanted land mail from them but is plain wrong for credit checking.

My correspondence with Experian suggests this wasn't their idea and that it is MSE that chose to use the wrong db.
  • OyzterShell
    Options
    I have checked with my council and Experian. MSE is holding an incorrect record.

It took a bit of persuasion but eventually Experian and my council and the Electoral Register all agreed.

Who is wrong? MSE

Why? bad db
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,136 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi OP,

We've established you have a problem with MSE Credit Club and the information held by Experian, when I advised you in the other post back in January, to go and check the details held with the other CRAs (Clearscore being the one with Equifax data and Noddle being the other with Call Credits data), what results did they give you. If they are correct and Experian is wrong, you know your issue is with Experian. If they are all incorrect then that narrows it down to being the ER details being sent by the local council are inaccurate.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,953 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Experian have corrected their records to match the Electoral Role, MSE say they won't.

This is an MSE invented problem.

To whom at MSE have you spoken about this ?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • OyzterShell
    OyzterShell Posts: 41 Forumite
    edited 13 October 2018 at 11:41AM
    Options
    jimbo26 wrote: »
    The problem is you are complaining to the wrong company, looking at your other posts reinforces this.

MSE only get the details from Experian, so if there is a problem with the data this is a matter for Experian to resolve, MSE CAN NOT resolve this, so it's pointless getting your local councillor to contact MSE.

It seems as though there is a problem with how Experian is recording your address, or with the database they are using to verify your address.

It is possible this has nothing to do with Experian either. If they use an external address database the issue may lie there.

What was the result of the lengthy conversation with Experian? What did they say about the issues? What have they said they are going to do to rectify it?

I am getting sick of this. Experian corrected their DB to match me against the Electoral Role. Experian have said that MSE must correct the DB they use for referrals.

In private correspondence MSE say words along the lines of "we'll think about this".

Experian aren't to blame here. The council aren't to blame.

MSE have messed up.
  • OyzterShell
    Options
    Equifax are fine, Experian are fine, it is MSE that is doing something wrong. Experian were distracted by me using MSE but know who I am now.

to be clear MSE is using the wrong DB and in private they admit it.

But that is no use if you're the person that just got refused credit and didn't have the additional knowledge to check if the credit reference agencies were being passed the correct credit reference address by MSE :(

I was able to work it out.

Theoretically MSE is for good lenders not bad but this flies in the face of that.
  • OyzterShell
    OyzterShell Posts: 41 Forumite
    edited 13 October 2018 at 11:58AM
    Options
    you're obviously my boss on the forums, however, I won't say in public something I have been told in private unless really necessary.

I can give an e-mail address at MSE but it wouldn't identify the individual

if you have the trust of MSE themselves then let me know, I can give you some names inside but I don't think they're going to show in this thread
  • OyzterShell
    Options
    The credit ref agencies had the right details, it was MSE that was passing them incorrect / non matching details because MSE has chosen to use the wrong address database.

In Experian's (Experian being the people doing the credit check behind MSE Credit Club) case we worked this through, my details were correct with them *until* I signed up for MSE Credit Club.

Equifax weren't affected, I checked with them too.
  • Rainbowgirl84
    Options
    I am getting sick of this. Experian corrected their DB to match me against the Electoral Role. Experian have said that MSE must correct the DB they use for referrals.

In private correspondence MSE say words along the lines of "we'll think about this".

Experian aren't to blame here. The council aren't to blame.

MSE have messed up.

Really ironic!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family