PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2019 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• JingsMyBucket
    Options
    PipneyJane wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a laundry liquid that is good for woollens and silk?

Use Woolite for wool and silk: https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/shop/search?&searchTerm=woolite. This is what I grew up using on clothes that needed either the delicate cycle or the wool cycle. There are also versions of it now for dark clothes as well.

I gave the Waitrose link purely for illustration because they have both the regular and dark clothes formula. Wilko's and Tesco online also carry Woolite but only seem to have the regular/pink kind.
  • JingsMyBucket
    Options
    Afternoon all. Thursday was a NSD and today will be as well as we don't need anything at all. There's chicken in fridge I need to season and bake tonight for dinner and loads of leftovers from take out meals like curry and Thai food. I'm putting off buying toilet paper until next week as an errand to take a walk. :) Last night OH picked up a few items on the way home from work.

€15.89 at Delhaize for strawberries, a big bucket of blueberries, and a couple of juice drinks for him like Innocent smoothies, etc.

TOTALS SO FAR:
    €26.27 / €350.00
    3/12 NSDs
  • Ginmonster
    Ginmonster Posts: 617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    A couple of small spends today. We had a family trip to the cinema so we dropped into the supermarket on the way to pick up a multipack of little bags of popcorn at £1.79. Not precisely cheap but lots cheaper than buying it at the cinema and sensibly portion controlled. We took our own drink from home too. 😀

On the way home we spent another £1 on milk to see us through to Monday when the milkman next delivers.

Going to commence the meal planning for the week this afternoon and try to make it through to next weekend without any further spends. The freezer's full, I'm just not entirely sure sure what of at the moment!

£7.29/120
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ginmonster wrote: »
    A couple of small spends today. We had a family trip to the cinema so we dropped into the supermarket on the way to pick up a multipack of little bags of popcorn at £1.79. Not precisely cheap but lots cheaper than buying it at the cinema and sensibly portion controlled. We took our own drink from home too. 😀

On the way home we spent another £1 on milk to see us through to Monday when the milkman next delivers.

Going to commence the meal planning for the week this afternoon and try to make it through to next weekend without any further spends. The freezer's full, I'm just not entirely sure sure what of at the moment!

£7.29/120

Check out Poundland if you have one near you. You can normally find the multi pack pop corn in there. We always take if for my GS's when we take them to cinema
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bought £2 worth of peppers tpday to make more soup. That will be lunches for next week and freezer stocks. Mind you I’m meant to be running it down.....
  • roo-dee
    roo-dee Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, I hope its going well. I went to Mr T today with a shopping list and meal plan for the next two weeks. I spent 87.80 for two weeks. I have updated my sig with my total so far. to be honest i am quite enjoying this :)
    January 2019 Grocery challenge £93.41 /£240
    2019 savings £48.69/£3000
    Loose 42lbs in 2019 2.5/42
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    roo-dee wrote: »
    Hi all, I hope its going well. I went to Mr T today with a shopping list and meal plan for the next two weeks. I spent 87.80 for two weeks. I have updated my sig with my total so far. to be honest i am quite enjoying this :)

Me 2 I def can see it’s keeping me under control!
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 5 January 2019 at 6:35PM
    Options
    First shop in over a week and spent £9.22, I picked up some of the offers at Lid! – cauli 0.69, kale 0.49, ground coffee 1.59 = £2.77. Then on to S@insbugs (it’s the only supermarket around here that sells loose F&V) leeks 0.68, carrots 0.26, sweet potatoes 1.00, brussel sprouts 0.36, spring onions 0.65, sea salt 1.85, crusty baton 0.45, blackcurrant squash 1.20 = £6.45

I’m still in use up mode so have only planned Sun–Wed meals so far =
    Prawn & pea risotto, kale salad
    Turkey, leek & sweetcorn pie, brussel sprouts
    Tuna fishcakes, coleslaw & salad
    Cauliflower & sweet potato curry, naan and salad
  • Airthrey
    Airthrey Posts: 80 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    20p on a couple of small green bananas. I don't need bananas really, but did want a free coffee in Waitrose. And the bananas will last till next week.
  • Novice_investor101
    Options
    Very busy week & I've had a fair few NSD's. Did another small shop for milk, toilet rolls & some fruit. Spent £6.40 today & total for the month is £14.11/£50.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure