PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    BearPearSun, I have never seen the point of exercise for its own sake. I'll walk if I'm going somewhere, like the shop or bus stop, but going for a walk? Why? My coat of arms will be a sloth recumbent.

Karcher, I love eggs. They are veritable powerhouses of protein, vitamins and minerals. You could do a lot worse than getting a few eggs down you.

Food today.

BR. boiled egg and cardboard (thanks Cranky)

Cottage cheese and salad.

Fast day so hopefully that will be it.

Temptations today.

I will also be making sticky toffee pudding for 50/60 ready for lunch club tomorrow. Considering Sellotaping my lips together.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,627 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

Glad you are back FBO - I was a bit worried.

WI today and I can post a 1lb loss. I seem to have hit a rythmn although I had a raging thirst yesterday so maybe I am coming down with something :( I don't usually drink as much water as I should but I had about 5 pints yesterday.

B: berries, lo carb granola, skim
    L: something salad based
    D: cottage pie or spag bol

50 min dog walk.
    I fit the dog walk in before work and I work from home so I don't have to deal with a commute. When I was not injured and had started running I did that after work, but before dinner, but that was only possible because DD is now nearly 16 and is able to fend for herself or even start the dinner.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Monna I agree with you about eggs but I am quite wary of them as I have been ill after eating them a few times over the years.

Saying that I have 9 more to get through by Sunday :rotfl:
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • katiepants
    Options
    Well done everyone for yesterday!

People that exercise - where/how do you fit it in? I am so tired at the end of the work day that I'm struggling with it.

I try and do stuff with other people. Harder to sack it off if you've commited to meeting someone!
    Sealed pot challenge 11: number 594
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not too bad so far, although I hit the CBA’d button at 0300 and cancelled Circuits. I really overdid the squats on Sunday and I can hardly walk up and down stairs. Ouch.

B - mmm. Forgot that. Work is manic
    L - homemade frittata and broccoli, Hartley sugar free pot
    D - leftover pot roast turkey breast, leeks and sweet potato.

I also have yogurt, fruit and a Hard Boiled Egg for snacking.

Not sure I’ll make the gym tonight. Month end looms and my colleague has gone off for 3 weeks leaving me a right f**king mess to clear up. He’s dead meat when he gets back.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MallyGirl wrote: »

but that was only possible because DD is now nearly 16 and is able to fend for herself or even start the dinner.

This only works with daughters. Both my sons (20 & 25) still fall out of bed at midday asking "What's for lunch?" :mad:

DD is fine sorting her own food out :D
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,627 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I only have the one so I have nothing to compare her to.
    It is only in the last year that she has started making her packed lunch (needed if she has a lunchtime club) or starting/making her own dinner if she has an evening activity that starts quite early. Life is so busy that it has been a big help.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    How did you get in with fasting and making sticky toffee pudding monna. You don't do things by half! :eek:

B: porridge (skimmed milk) honey & banana.
    L: beans on wholemeal seeded toast (no butter)
    D: chicken with mushroom sauce, salad, HM oven chips

S: low fat plain yoghurt, rasps & blueberries
    Tea. Water. Ginger tea and fruit tea. 1 coffee. Will have camomile tea before bed.

E: no real exercise but I have been doing my lung capacity improver breathing exercises and for me right now that the most important I can do. Today I feel like my health has turned the improvement corner. I'm in the zone eating wise and more focused than I ever have been.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    er, hum, fuddle. after scooping several fingers full of delicious uncooked pudding mixture and trimming of the ends of the sponge and giving them bit of quality control, I threw the towel in. I'll try a fast day tomorrow.

I know when I'm beaten.6
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    BearPearSun … 0/4.4
    Binsky … 0/14
    Cappella … 0/7
    Carmen … 3.74/13.2 :):):);):A