PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• katiepants
    Options
    Yesterday could have been a complete write off as we went to a beer festival and out for pizza. However managed to stick to 1.5 pints and then chose 'light's pizza at 500cals.

Today we've been for a 9 mile walk in the wind . Definitely blew the cobwebs away!

B: Weetabix
    L: cheese sandwich and crisps. Grapes. Mini flapjack bite.
    T: I have beef and vegetable stew in the slow cooker! Mmmmm can't wait!
    Sealed pot challenge 11: number 594
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    MaisieM. That's why I changed my WI day from Friday to Monday. It stops me going mad over the weekend and undoing all the good I may have done during the week. Plays havoc with your social life though.

CathA. I'm a fan of fasting, it's the only thing that works for me. I limit myself to 500 calories on a fasting day.
    I've done a fast day today, (tomorrow is WI. Clever!) and this is what I have eaten.

Breakfast. boiled egg and a crispbread.

Lunch. Salad and cottage cheese. SF jelly.

Lots of black coffee and tea.

A friend of mine eats just once a day on fast days. She usually has 2 poached eggs on toast.

I'm not pretending that its easy but you do get into the mindset that for that day you have no choice.
    Good luck.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    I don't know how, but I'm -1lb

:j

yey :j well done.

For all of you who fast I haven't a clue how you do it. I've tried it. It's hardcore. I'm not hardcore! :cool:

B: half a bagel, HM smoothie with low fat yoghurt and added oats.
    L: egg and cress sandwich -seeded bread, no butter, no salt
    D: chicken breast with peppers,onions and a pitta bread.

Drinks: tea, lemonbalm tea, fruit tea, water

No snacks :D
  • BearPearSun
    Options
    I did my baseline weigh in today so now I know my starting point, I don't usually weigh myself and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting so that was a positive!

Meals today:
    BF - Malted wheaties & soya milk
    L - Veggie cous cous with salad
    EM - Garlic and parsnip soup
    Sn - French fry crisps, pomegranate
    Dr - Black coffee, chamomile tea, water, NAS squash, soya milk

Day 1 and I haven't lost my motivation motivation yet! Have a lovely day everyone x
    32 year old woman with a husband and 3 cats...

November 2017: -£26423
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    CathA wrote: »
    Afternoon all and welcome to the newbies!

STS for me again, happy with that. My all fruit Thursday went better this week but I have a confession to make. I've changed my hours at work and the lovely lady at work makes me fried bread especially ( cos she's lovely and she loves me, especially after I offered to swap my holiday dates with her!) OMG 2 bits of that a week, divine. Well, bread is made with wheat and that's nearly a vegetable, right? Lol.

A question for those that are fasting a couple of days a week- do you literally eat nothing or do you just not eat for a set number of hours? Thinking of trying that occasionally . Thanks.

Happy Sunday everyone x

Enjoy your fried bread, I agree that it is lovely.

I ran yesterday, only about 5K but fairly quick. Will report back at the end of the day with meals etc.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Happy Monday folks!

Today
    B, L S.....nothing!
    D. LO lamb curry and some stirfried kale from the garden.
    Lots of coffee, chicken stock cube drinks, fruit tea, etc.

E. Walk to the village, possibly gym....but I'm up to the eyeballs in housework!...and a cycle ride in the other direction to help someone with their English.....which is a laugh as mine isn't brilliant really.
    I can do this fasting thing if: DH is out, I don't eat breakfast and I go for a brisk walk over mealtimes.. ..but I'm on 800 not 500 calories.....ànd my weight is hardly moving, so I must still be doing something wrong. It's all a big experiment until one finds the route that works for you.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've lost 2 posts already this morning so short and sweet.

ONE POUND OFF please KNITWITCH.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,637 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

B: berries, lo carb granola, skim
    L: veggie stir fry
    D: something with chicken breast

50 min dog walk

I am still aching from a riding lesson on Saturday but at least my poorly heel seems almost better so I am able to stride out and try to loosen everything up again. My step count seems to have risen too so I suspect I was favouring the heel more than I realised.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    monnagran wrote: »
    I've lost 2 posts already this morning so short and sweet.

ONE POUND OFF please KNITWITCH.

Marvellous. Well done! :D
  • donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello and thank you all for warm welcome

Yesterday - had yogurt and fruit for breakfast, tin ravioli and we were out for dinner to mourn/celebrate the life of my nana who died last week - no alcohol or dessert - however, did take little one to local park for a lovely long walk so hoping they balance one another out lol

B: Wholemeal roll, bacon medallions, baby spinach, tomatoes, mayo
    L: Prob yogurt and fruit (as breakfast more brunch it being half term)
    D: Slowcooker on with Lovely beef brisket stew with lots of lovely veg and red wine stock pot, kitchen smells lush already, pearl barley - really fancy dumplings but after yesterday gonna have to make do without them
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure