NST February A FOREST ADVENTURE

Options

Comments

• laurenh1
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words, he was 90 , just turned, and a real larger than life character, we are sad but comforted by the fact that he really did have a wonderful life and a great run!

Today is NSD #9 - I filled up this morning but don't foresee any more spends today. Budgets are still the same

£1000 emergency fund
    £700 Paris
    £100 xmas 18
    £30 spends + 25 on gift cards for M&S :eek:
    Going to have to go into my emergency fund for a suit for my hub for Granddad's funeral. However I think I can put in back next month. so it turns out that the over time is a blessing in disguise as it will pay for that. Really need to try & keep that in there as long as possible as there is no spare money in the next 6 months.

Off YS shopping again tonight in hunt for bread as we are all out, will run down as well :) Diet went out of the window yday but back with it today.

ordering our e11 cards today (one of my frogs) my next frog will be to clean out windows which I will try and do this week, time permitting. I do not have any where near enough time with two little ones. :rotfl:
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your grandad Laurenh.

Snow here today so the school run took a lifetime, it's a 4 day week this week then half term next weeks and I do look forward to a break from that horrible journey everyday.

Need to go to the post office today with some ebay sales, still waiting for payment for some others, other than that today is work, dog walking, cleaning and possibly a run if the snow melts.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dizzyblnd
    Options
    I'm bailing out for this month. We have been moving house but lots of complications have seen us now living with family. I'm totally bummed about it all but I'd rather it all fall apart now than further down the line. Instead of doing this challenge I will investigate some mindfulness, start a bullet journal and look for ways to be back with vigour next month. I will still read everyday and cheerlead when i feel up so it. Good luck everyone.
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 12 February 2018 at 2:52PM
    Options
    Not enjoying Monday so far, couldn't sleep last night, trapped nerve in back so very little sleep.:(
    So tired and few glasses of wine I had last night not helping my mood combined with BT who for some reason best known to themselves suspended work broadband this morning. So shout at me day, I paid it so no idea how they work.:mad: The invoice is not even 2 weeks old yet and no reminders received. Hey ho shout more at the muppet, rang them, filled out online forms but do I care.:p
    One day I might win the lottery and hatch an escape plan - oops need to do it first.:o

Haven't spent over the weekend, lunch on bf, however did give a birthday card for his kid over with a tenner in it, so counted that in going out budget.
    Gained £20 sainsbob voucher for surveys.:D
    Budgets updated.

Roll on hometime.:)

NSD - 8
    Food £25.31/£80
    Petrol 0/40
    ME upkeep(hair/make up)- 13/10
    Clothing 10/20
    Social - 10/50
    Money gained surveys/extra income this month - £144.81
    Credit card payments this mth - £282
    New Blinds to pay for £124/£224 in a few weeks time.

Sincere Condolences laurenh1, Hugs and remember the fun times.

Dizzyblnd keep going sure it all work out in the end.

LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    dizzyblnd wrote: »
    We have been moving house but lots of complications have seen us now living with family. I'm totally bummed about it all but I'd rather it all fall apart now than further down the line..

That;'s awful! So sorry for you. It is the major fear of anyone who has ever bought a house. I sold ours and moved into rented until I found a new one. Horrid hassle of finding a rental, and then paying twice what you would pay in a mortgage for 6 months, but getting out of that chain is priceless.

You will be able to pounce when you find your new home (which will be much nicer and bigger than the one you lost ) Good luck!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hugs dizzyblnd and Calling. I nearly pulled out of buying the big house I lived in for a while. Had agreed to buy it in October 2007, hoped to be in by Christmas. The family selling it had not even been to see if they had the possiblity of upping their mortgage to purchase the house they wanted and did not hurry about doing so.

I was frantically packing everything I could, hampered by the fact that DS1 had been back home for a spell and moved out without taking his furniture (comme d'habitude) and one of DS3's friends left home and moved in with us for a while (I make a habit of having guests who are in crisis). We were so short of space that I couldn't have a tree up for Christmas. I bought some holly plants (think stick with one leaf attached) and put a tiny bay tree on top of the tv.

Meanwhile the people I was buying from did nothing - my mother was fuming every time she went past the house "she's not even packed away the ornaments on the window ledge". I joked that they were going to have a New Year's Eve party and then, the following morning, instruct all their guests to pick up whatever they were sitting/ sleeping on and take it to the new house.

Went into the solicitor's on Christmas Eve to pay money across and hand over essential paperwork. The solicitor's was actually shut (everyone was sorting files) but they had not locked the door. Then - nothing. 4 weeks later - nothing. Told solicitor if I did not hear anything by my birthday I was pulling out. Ever seen a solicitor panic. Phoned me back later on to say I would have the keys by Friday.

Never had to lodge with relations (had to farm the children out when I had a new dpc with floor dug out and I had to sleep on a camp bed for a few days) but have had the boys plus gfs and various friends staying with us for months - years.

Calling gentle hugs. I still haven't got the sleeping pattern right. Had one night of very good sleep but the past 2 nights I have taken painkillers at 9pm (rationing them to no more than 2 x 2 a day, otherwise I would sleep blissfully around the clock) but they haven't seemed to 'take' and ended up having more (less strong) at 3am then finally falling asleep. luckily I can arrange my life around this but it's not ideal and not where I am trying to go.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for time with mum, for time with big sis too, for a clear crisp sunny day, for a phone call from a friend, for my workout, for the winter olympics (saw some ski jumping - awesome but so scary!), for a lovely taxi driver to take mum to her appt.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hugs laurenh1, calling and dizzyblnd

Half term is next week for me apple :) so excited! When are you off?

SFD number 6 today :)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Lauralozzle
    Options
    Hugs Laurenh1

Today has been spendy and long. I have clocked up 9 hours of work today, made worse because the traffic this morning was awful and it took and extra 45 minutes on top of what it usually takes. I then took my laptop home with me to update some bits and made dinner, but had to pop to the shops as I forgot Nandos sauce for dinner tonight (fakeaway Nandos).

Made some space in the freezer as I used up the pitta breads I had shoved in there! Small wins!

I wish sometimes it did not feel like I am waking up, going to work, making dinner and then going to bed as the day just feels wasted. Although, I am grateful I have a job, and I do not mind it at all. I just wish the weekends did not disappear so quickly!
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Kerry_Woman
    Options
    calling and Dizzyblnd - Sending hugs to both of you. Take care.
    Was a spend day. Brought a few treats for tomorrow from M&S as it would have been my Mum's birthday. Spending time with friend tomorrow. Also brought flowers for my Mum's grave. Paid my social club annual membership fee. Also got tickets for the Elvis/Big Bopper tribute night at the social club. Spends have been put into notebook.
    Grateful for:
    Winning at bingo, so games I played were free.
    Walking to and from friend's and also the social club.
    Tiny bit of decluttering.
    The postman delivering a parcel early so that I could achieve quite a few things today.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport