Not being born a son.

Options

Comments

• chesky
    chesky Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ~_Daisy_~ wrote: »
    I always do something with my Mum, today for example, I cooked dinner, whilst they were off on a jolly to Ireland, went friday, back monday.

As said its not about doing what I enjoy, its about being invited to do as they enjoy.

Sounds like you feel the alternative mum offers is boring, so why don't you suggest you go to a movie or the theatre and a good restaurant afterwards. You obviously don't really care about rugby per se, so why bother about that.

Or is it that your dad never spends any time with you at all.
  • bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,514 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Gosh, Dasy, I know exactly where you are coming from. I doubt it’s worth talking about it because that kind of sexism is deeply engrained.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,686 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    bouicca21 wrote: »
    Gosh, Dasy, I know exactly where you are coming from. I doubt it’s worth talking about it because that kind of sexism is deeply engrained.

But if she doesn't bring the subject up with her Dad, she'll never know if it's just that he's never thought about inviting her or if it really is deeply ingrained sexism.

The OP has been asked if she's spoken to her Dad but hasn't answered that question so far.
  • Marisco
    Marisco Posts: 42,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ~_Daisy_~ wrote: »
    Odd title, but thats it in a nutshell.
    I have 2 brothers one 4 years older, one 2 years younger.......... I'm not in my 20's anymore or 30's......... It all about the game in my Father's eyes, Rugby not Football, if it makes any difference.

At the moment my Dad and younger brother are in Ireland for the six nations, next weekend, my Dad and older brother will be at Twickerham, weekend after who knows.......

This is not a one off, this is how it has been for all of my adult life,
    Next year they will go to Rome to watch the match.

My brothers do not pay to go, or not all of their individual costs.
    I completely feel left behind being only a girl......and this is all season not just during this 'important' bit of the year.

I'm not sure what my question should be, but was wondering if anyone had any ideas that m,ight help me feel less unimportant.
    Does that mean you're in your 40's? Isn't that a bit old to be worrying about things like this?
  • heartbreak_star
    Options
    At what point did you stop attending games? You mentioned you did it when you were younger, soooo...what changed?

I wish I could afford to do all that rugby-watching. Twickers tickets are expensive :(

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yea, gods! You wouldn't stop me!

Do you follow rugby closely even though you've stopped attending? Are you passionate about the Six Nations and the World Cup?

Or is it that you just want the trip away and the treat? I don't recall you posting on any rugby thread.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Where do your husband and son fit in all this?
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,686 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    pollypenny wrote: »
    Yea, gods! You wouldn't stop me!

Do you follow rugby closely even though you've stopped attending? Are you passionate about the Six Nations and the World Cup?

Or is it that you just want the trip away and the treat? I don't recall you posting on any rugby thread.
    In fairness to the OP, she's not posted on many threads at all.
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    As your dad is not in the days of his youth any more I'd be tempted to ask him and your brothers if the "rugby group". will be equally up to nursing your dad, washing his smelly feet, takingn him to doctors or hospital appointments and generally stepping up to the plate when his time of frailty comes.

Or do they regard that as "Womans' stuff" ???
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Not meaning for this to sound rude - but a lot of the time at sports events you see women who clearly do not wish to be there - mostly there with their boyfriends, absolutely bored to tears by the whole thing. Some of them like you suffering from fear-of-missing-out. (Maybe men too but more so women)

They probably haven’t invited you because they think you won’t like it, you will be cold, maybe hungry and you will moan.
    Maybe this isn’t you, but this is a lot of women. Unless you find the sport entertaining you will not enjoy the day and having somebody there not enjoying the day makes it less enjoyable for everyone else.
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills