Lloyds have frozen my account

Options

Comments

• Cem2016
    Cem2016 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I have been through to the complaints department 3 times and they have not helped at all. They cannot do anything at all and say the same thing as everyone else...."it has been escalated and there's a processing delay"
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have you tried initiating a current account switch from your Lloyds to Barclays account?
    Changed your bank details with DWP etc?
    You could also try switching your ISA out to another provider such as Barclays.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Cem2016 wrote: »
    **update**
    Still no movement on the account but his morning I called again and the man I spoke to couldn't transfer me to the relevant department because they had been evacuated from the building. He did however give me their number and name when apparently he shouldn't have. So the department dealing with it is "Global transaction unit" I rung the number he gave me and they answered as collections. Can anyone shed any light on what this unit is exactly?
    And for the record I have no outstanding debts. I have a mortgage, car finance and a credit card but all payments are up to date and are not with Lloyds.
    Headache continues

The following site gives you an insight into Global Transactions. Also Collections normally deal with Lloyds Bank customers who are unable to repay their debts to them.

http://www.bankingtech.com/256141/starting-over-lloyds-banking-groups-transaction-banking-ambitions/
  • Cem2016
    Cem2016 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I have no depts with Lloyds or anyone else. I cannot access my ISA as my accounts are frozen otherwise I would have moved all the money by now.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    **update**
    Still no movement on the account but his morning I called again and the man I spoke to couldn't transfer me to the relevant department because they had been evacuated from the building. He did however give me their number and name when apparently he shouldn't have. So the department dealing with it is "Global transaction unit" I rung the number he gave me and they answered as collections. Can anyone shed any light on what this unit is exactly?
    And for the record I have no outstanding debts. I have a mortgage, car finance and a credit card but all payments are up to date and are not with Lloyds.
    Headache continues

It appears you didn't write to the CEO or to your MP. No more sympathy from me.
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,605 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I hope you get sorted OP.

In future I'd recommend having accounts with more than one bank, making sure funds are in each.

It also doesn't hurt to have a small amount of cash at home plus a credit card for emergencies. Cash be drawn from these in dire emergencies as well.

I do all of those and have no kids to provide for. Just me!
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have no depts with Lloyds or anyone else. I cannot access my ISA as my accounts are frozen otherwise I would have moved all the money by now.

To transfer your ISA, you don't contact Lloyds. You contact an ISA provider that will accept transfers, and ask the new ISA manager to arrange the transfer. It might be worth a try?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    It appears you didn't write to the CEO or to your MP. No more sympathy from me.

Go this route, maybe try a SAR letter too.
    Vortigern wrote: »
    To transfer your ISA, you don't contact Lloyds. You contact an ISA provider that will accept transfers, and ask the new ISA manager to arrange the transfer. It might be worth a try?

And try this too.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    A SAR won't include any information if the account is being investigated for money laundering.
  • romeo21
    Options
    OP did you get this sorted out as I have the same issue and stressing?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure