IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Posting on the Parking Board – your help please

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,419 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 10 April 2019 at 12:28PM
    Options
    You won’t get any help on this thread. I see you’ve now opened your own thread - that’s the place you are more likely to receive assistance.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Harry_the_Hammer
    Options
    I got a parking ticket at Well on Sea Quayside - even tho I paid £4.80 for a ticket!! I want to put in an appeal using Martin's form letter but I note he says don't say who the actual driver is, just the registered keeper. The trouble is that with Civil Enforcement Ltd, when you go to their appeals page you can't get through unless you tell them who was driving!!

Any thoughts?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,204 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You are posting on the wrong thread. Please start a new thread.

CEL do NOT make it a condition that you say who was driving, no-one has ever reported that and it's not allowed. You must be misreading the choices, but thank goodness, as it stopped you submitting the awful MSE 'official' template that is so bad it has potential to cost people money.
    I want to put in an appeal using Martin's form letter
    No, you really really really do not want to use that terrible template.

Get yourself looking at the actual forum, and the NEWBIES FAQS thread where the proper template appeal lies.

See my signature. If you can't see my signature below, get off your phone.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • John_Ogden
    Options
    I have had problems with this car park, and recently they have erected new signs relating to their 10 minute rule. the previous signs were far too small and the signs on entry were facing outwards so could not be seen by the driver. They have been hounding me but as yet no court case. I contacted the harbour master on harbouroffice@wellsharbour.co.uk and Robert Smith MBE would not help me in reversing this action by Civil Enforcement LTD. I would think that the MBE was not for public services. The fact that they changed their signs shows the previous signage was not fit for purpose. The new signs clearly show and are worded to make it clear that you have to buy a ticket within 10 minutes and not just park within 10 minutes. I still have the pictures of the old and new signage if it helps. There is also an issue with the carpark being over subscribed, which may be at odda with the policies of North Norfolk Council. All the best with your fight.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 18 April 2019 at 3:22PM
    Options
    I see you have your own thread but haven't updated it since December, John. Please do update that thread so we can assist if you get a small claim.

Your photos of the Wells-next-the-Sea quayside car park will be useful evidence, of course, but there are other lines of defence too.
  • Tomtommad
    Options
    I am a newbie be gentle. I took my 88 year old blind disabled mother in law to innovation park for a surgical leg ulcer dressing. It was raining I had gout and crutches we parked in disabled bay ( this is a free car park with no pay machines) I placed the disabled badge on dash and finally got her in
    I returned to find a yellow notice as the badge had slid off the dash onto the seat. I immediately phoned the number and was told to take a picture of disabled badge which I did and emailed. She said it happens a lot so not to worry. It's operated by myparkingcharge at innovation park in Liverpool. I have now received a £160 charge
    My question is, I understand if I hadn't paid for running over time or not buying a ticket. Yet this park is free to innovation patients and as there was no financial loss but simply a slipped disabled in date badge fell off dash these people cannot charge these extortionate fees for essentially a free space. There is no time limit. Should I just ignore this. She is currently on end of life care due to complications. It is my car and I was driving her.

Your advice on this would be appreciated tomtommad
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    You are posting on the wrong thread. Please start a new thread.

BUT ONLY AFTER READING THE THREAD IN CAPITALS CALLED:

NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST

No thread please if it answers your query - and it does. You can let us know when the Clinic (Innovation) cancel it when you complain. Speak to the MANAGER only. Get angry.

:)
  • John_Ogden
    Options
    This is a disgraceful state of affairs, contact your MP it is his/her job to protect your rights. It is generally the case that is by accident your disabled badge or parking ticket falls out of view, on production of that item the fine is quashed. Try contacting the media, they love protecting the underdog. I am sure there are many on this site that would back you in the way you have been treated.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Tomtommad wrote: »
    I am a newbie be gentle. I took my 88 year old blind disabled mother in law to innovation park for a surgical leg ulcer dressing. It was raining I had gout and crutches we parked in disabled bay ( this is a free car park with no pay machines) I placed the disabled badge on dash and finally got her in
    I returned to find a yellow notice as the badge had slid off the dash onto the seat. I immediately phoned the number and was told to take a picture of disabled badge which I did and emailed. She said it happens a lot so not to worry. It's operated by myparkingcharge at innovation park in Liverpool. I have now received a £160 charge
    My question is, I understand if I hadn't paid for running over time or not buying a ticket. Yet this park is free to innovation patients and as there was no financial loss but simply a slipped disabled in date badge fell off dash these people cannot charge these extortionate fees for essentially a free space. There is no time limit. Should I just ignore this. She is currently on end of life care due to complications. It is my car and I was driving her.

Your advice on this would be appreciated tomtommad

Tomtommad

Please start a thread, we want to help you but this thread is not the place.

See my signature words below, tells you where to click. ONE CLICK BACK.
  • Wolfie123
    Wolfie123 Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Need your advice if possible, I live in Scotland and received a PCN from Horizon. I had a read up on the MSE forum on how to try to overcome this notice. I did not really understand the advice about "not ignoring the PCN except for NI and Scotland" and asked for a clarification on this on the forum.
    I used the appeal facility on the Horizon notice and again foolishly gave too much information about myself, not fully realising this until I received and read their acknowledgment. My appeal was refused.
    A major part of my appeal was that the signage at the area that i parked explained that I was entering into a contract with Horizon when I chose to park there. There would be a Parking notice charge of £80 reducing to £50 if paid within 14 days)if I was parked without displaying a permit to do so.. The parking notice charge (ticket) that was on my car stated that the parking notice charge was £85 not the £80 on the signage, I argued that this breached the "contract" I had entered into when I parked (15 minutes) and as such I would say that this invalidated the PCN. I attached photos of the signage where I received the PC, this did not seem to be considered or referred to at all on my appeal refusal. Can someone give me some advice as to how to deal with this and say what you think about my argument that the PCN was invalid not enforceable due to the conflicting charge on the signage and the "ticket" PCN.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure