NST March: Marching to a different beat

Options

Comments

• sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

Sorry not have signed in for so long...a combination of days not here & late back makes it hard to update. Also stuff happening in RL including DD getting snowed in on her way home after a night shift, not easy. In the end she took refuge in a petrol station & was able to get a hot drink & wait it out. By lunchtime it was passable but tricky, took everyone by surprise as it started to snow heavily from 6am & carried on through the rush hour...Plus when I went online to activate my new CC after it had been cloned, I discovered that more charges had been put on there - on the day I reported it, so I had to ring the fraud dept again. Hopefully that is the end of it, it's getting wearisome now.

Finally got refund for a faulty item, took a lot of faffing - and amount not huge - but it was the principle more than anything.

On a positive note had a nice aft/evening out & theatre visit from tickets bought as a Christmas gift. Seats were really close to the front. Meal out beforehand too, portions huge though so I had leave some, was really mad with myself! Took sweeties for the interval, but DH still got ice creams, he's a big kid.

Hugs to all those who need them going through rough times in RL, thoughts are with you.

· For the striders: 6/18 NSDs

· Set your budgets before the challenge starts - did a fair few spends, need to update spread sheet. Went to MnS & got meal deal, curry deal & lots of YS items, so need to add those in also.

· Be generous ; will do

· Note down Certainly need to do this, in order to get a handle on spending. Have noted down spends & will update.

· As ever, will do

· Pay towards your debt first! Do not have debt now but have been there before so am very wary. Do have a CC paid off in full every month. Will use PAD to pay for items through the month so no big bill surprise at the end of the month.

· Plan. Will make list of places to go - need to have it in reserve for impromptu trips out.
    ·

Check in every day. Will do from now on
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Food top-up shop and errands completed in town today.
    Tomorrow should be a NSD as will delay online shopping until next week when I do my next shop.
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,

Yesterday was a spendy day but also made some money. Used my birthday voucher to pay for most of a two hour facial and massage, was soooo relaxing. Listed a few items on eBay, including a phone I had upgraded from, called and got it unlocked, listed it and someone bought it half an hour later and picked it up an hour later! They really needed one quickly and just happened to be very local to me. Did two dog walks and stuck to my SW diet all day, for a change.

Today is school work, dog walking and taking Mum out for dinner tonight. My sister is paying for Mum as she couldn!!!8217;t think of a gift and I just need to pay for myself.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    calling - it's awful when you are going through one of those phases where everything keeps going wrong. I would hate to be without my oven for as long as you have, hope you get sorted soon.

Spent more money yesterday in the end, nipped out and got furniture paint and a new light fitting for DD's room, that is the end of the spend for that room now.

Today we will be painting her mirror and a table she uses as a dressing table. DS has football and I am hoping to go cycling if the mist clears.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • indigowarrior
    Options
    Hope everyone has a good mothers day.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 11 March 2018 at 10:21PM
    Options
    A NSD for me. Only spent mum's money.

Slept better - woke up naturally at 7am. Tried very hard not to doze off again (may have had five minutes). Lovely weather so checked bus times for the cemetery (had to wait for the shops to open to buy fresh and fake flowers).

Packed water and a sandwich along with 4 pots of daffodils (Mother's Day for my 2 grandmas, mum's grandma and a great aunt), 2 bunches of daffodils (birthdays for one grandma and one grandad) and 4 fake flowers (one for each grave for Easter and beyond).

Bus timetable a complete work of fiction. Fairly easy getting there. Success with 3 graves, could not find my great-grandparents' grave. I have only been shown it once. Bending down made me dizzy - had to sit and rest on a bench after each grave. Walked up and down where I thought the other grave should be plus a block either side, 3 times studying names and finally searching for the things we left at Christmas (same as on other 3).

Gave up so found someone who 'needed' the flowers (have done this before when I have been on the last minute, put them on a grave that 'needed' them. I'm not scared but have no wish to be locked in the cemetery all night). So the pot of daffodils went on the memorial for the victims of the Bedford Colliery disaster (some as young as 16 and some from the sme families) and after searching the far side of the cemetery for a grave of some ancient relatives (uncommon surname and names we still have in use in the family) I settled for a small plain grave of a Canadian private who died in 1917 aged 20.

Checked bus times on both sides of the road. Could have carried on to Manchester, the Trafford Centre or Bolton (circuitous route) but the one coming back into our bus station (and a much quicker route to Bolton) was due within a few minutes. I had a Debnums voucher which was a birthday present and intended to use my anybus ticket to spend it.

The bus did not come, 2 of the ones on the other side did and the next bus meant standing for over half an hour in the cold (I was quite warm up to then). When it eventually came I could barely climb onto the bus so decided over an hour rambling the cemetery and then waiting for the bus (tried doing leg stretches and side taps to ease the aches and pains) was quite enough so have come home.

Currently slumped on the bed on a pile of pillows (half sitting/ half lying seems to put the least stress on all the achey bits). Had to shuffle my way back across the car park and stopped to hold onto a tree half way.

I have books, water, a sandwich, games and a new to me serial to watch so I see no reason for moving further than the bathroom (may put a pillow or two under my feet). If I feel up to going downstairs I have found a pack of breaded mushrooms in the freezer and have a ys stir fry that I will drizzle with salad dressing.

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers and to everyone who has looked after a child or children.

Today I am grateful for good weather (mum said I didn't need to go to the cemetery in the snow but I know she would start fretting as anniversaries got missed), glad that the visit is done (I am comfortable with going but it is taking more of an effort these days yet I get guilty if I wait too long) and for flowers. Cemetery was packed, had to queue for water and there were so many flowers of all shapes and sizes, plus balloons. Also saw some children coming out of church with daffodils . In the older parts of the cemetery (have been all over this morning) they have started to plant spring bulbs - the graves are mostly too old to have anyone left to visit them any more.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    NSD today - 7/18
    Grateful for:
    Making it in time to visit my Mummy's grave and put down the plant arrangement.
    Managing to do the 5k charity walk in 47 minutes. Stayed dry and had listened to my music.
    Made lunch and had that when out.
    Having a chilled out afternoon and evening.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done on the walk Kerry Woman.

And:EasterBun:bdaycake::kisses: for every turtle today.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks Dolly will order an oven this week, just wondering how I get rid of old one. Need it disconnected so it can be taken away(gas one). Will see if the panel under it comes off.

Had a lovely day spoilt by my 2 girls lovely lunch, gorgeous pressies and cards. Grandkids behaved well. My lounge looks like a popcorn storm has hit.

NSD pleased with that.

Not feeling the urge to go for a walk, think overdone walking this week. So having a lazy day well once I clear the popcorn up lol
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Calling14 wrote: »
    Thanks Dolly will order an oven this week, just wondering how I get rid of old one. Need it disconnected so it can be taken away(gas one). Will see if the panel under it comes off.

We've recently had a new oven.The company we ordered from had an option for disposal of the old appliance for £20 - we used that (as we had a range it was v heavy and £20 was a bargain) They also had an option for disconnection/ fitting/ removal of old appliance , which could be a possibility, perhaps? (we have dual fuel appliances so needed someone who could do both gas & elec bits)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport