All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Options

Comments

• mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 10 June 2018 at 9:21PM
    Options
    Back from OHs - good to have him home again. I missed him and it seems that he missed me....

To keep me on track, here's this week's goals...

1. Lose 2lbs
    2. Run 3 more times (to make it 5 runs from Sat-Sat)
    3. Do 100 crunches a day - need a flatter stomach
    4. Send next returns back
    5. Finish current book
    6. Write two observation lessons - it's that time of year again and I need to be prepared for the following week
    7. Stick to 1250 cals a day
    8. Make appointment with nurse
    9. Batch cook something, maybe bean chilli
    10. Stick to budget for the week

Little victories for today - used up a shampoo, conditioner and expensive hand cream, all food from the fridge using up fresh things, plenty of free exercise, no unplanned spending, spoke at length to mum, washing done on quick wash (running kit), stuck to cal allowance
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Evening all!
    A madly busy day at work - literally didn't stop all day and walked 11000 steps in work alone! Roll on year 11 leaving...... I might get a life back then.

Came home, took the dog to the park for half an hour then sat in the garden for an hour before deciding I was being lazy and made myself go for a shorter run. Managed the circuit in my fastest time ever but felt sick by the end of it! Recovered quickly enough though. Have also done my 100 crunches - will feel them tomorrow :)
    Had a healthy tea and am under my calorie goal for the day with room for a little snack later on if needed.
    I've also listened to a couple of motivational podcasts whilst in the garden and walking the dog - some interesting points made.

Going to watch Corrie, have a bath and speak to OH then watch a bit of telly and have an early night with the book.

Little victories for today - took some fruit and a protein bar to work to eat on the go, bought a box of 24 cans of diet coke for £6 (bargain), stuck to diet, used new cheaper shampoo and conditioner and my hair looked and felt ok, used up some fresh bits from the fridge for tea.
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Exercise - run and 2 dog walks, 100 crunches
    Steps - 16500
    Cals - 1300
  • mumblingtaff
    edited 13 June 2018 at 7:15PM
    Options
    Yesterday went by in a flash - really busy all day and then sent the evening with OH.
    Tired this morning but no chance to rest at work - a totally bonkers day but all died down by 3.30pm so I sneaked off home. Took the dog to the park for a good walk and came home absolutely starving so had an early tea using up bits in the fridge and then gave the kitchen a good clean.

No big plans for tonight - will be happy to just flop and have a bath but if I feel the urge I'll go for a short run (but I am tired so may leave it until tomorrow) and do a quick whip round with the Hoover and a duster downstairs and clean the wooden floors.

Little victories for today - used up a deodorant that's been in the cupboard for ages and an eye gel, used up fresh food in the fridge for tea, took protein bar and fruit to work for lunch, resisted the urge to buy a quick and easy tea from the shop next to the park, checked banking with no surprises, took library books back
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Forgot to add that I weighed this morning and have lost another pound. :) 5.5 in total in June so far :)
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Have done the cleaning, had a bath, sorted out my eyebrows and tried on a dress I ordered in the sale for the school prom. The dress was a half price bargain and it's really nice and looks me look thin! Result!

Then got really bored so decided to do a food stocktake in the interests of minimising the grocery spend this month. I have approx 2 weeks worth of main meals that can be made with varying degrees of effort. I'll just need to buy some fruit and veg and fresh bits to supplement what's in. Tomorrows's tea will either be a sweet potato curry from the freezer or making a veg chilli depending on whether I can be bothered to cook after work.
    I've even frozen half a loaf of bread so I don't buy more next week - not rocket science but totally unlike me to be so organised with food!
    Have also used up an eye gel and found another from a gift set in a drawer so that will save a bit too.
    I've written a shopping list of essentials for the weekend - if I'm careful I could manage £15-20 for the week including the dog's special bits and pieces (he eats better than I do!). It's two more weeks to pay day and I'm determined to come in under budget for groceries and spending to allow me to put some money towards the holidays.

Going to watch criminal minds and go to bed with my book - need a big sleep tonight.

Exercise - 2 dog walks
    Cals - 1288
    Steps - 11500
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Absolutely knackered!! The dog woke me up at 1.30am and I didn't sleep again after that - couple that with a stupidly busy day at work getting the kids to do their last couple of exams and finish coursework and I'm pooped.....
    Thankfully it's the last big exam tomorrow (2 small ones next week) and by mid morning all the hard work will be over. Don't think I could do another week of this!

Never mind, home now and have walked the dog and had tea and washed up.
    Looking forward to doing not very much tonight. Have cried off going for a run with OH - just too tired. It's ok though because he's shattered too.
    Will speak with him in a while.

One more day to the weekend. Can't wait....
    Going to try on some dresses that have arrived and send back any that I'm not thrilled with, have a soak in the bath and watch some telly and have an early night. Tomorrow is another day ;)

Little victories for today - took bits to work to eat, had tea from the freezer, stuck to grocery and spending budgets (all on track)
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Exercise - 3 dog walks
    Cals - not counted, but did have 2.5 glasses of wine, not good :(
    Steps -13000
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Hurrah!!! It's Friday!!! :)
    Finally, it was the year 11 exodus today and I can now have my life back.... It's been a very hard couple of weeks but thankfully it's over now. No work tomorrow either! I won't know what to do with myself !

Was in bed by 9pm last night - absolutely exhausted and managed to sleep for 7 and a half hours, unheard of for me. But I felt much better this morning and work passed by pretty quickly and I managed to leave by 3.30pm.
    I've taken the dog to the park and then went straight back out again for a run. Glad that I made the effort now - feel much more energised for it now.
    That's 4 runs this week and I'll go for another in the morning.

OH is playing golf but will be coming over this evening. No big plans, just a quiet night in. I'm having my hair done tomorrow lunchtime - it's desperate for a colour again, I think we might go to the cinema at some point too. I've budgeted for the cost for my hair and will transfer the money over to pay for it.
    Spending wise, I've stuck to the general spending budget and have £104 left in the grocery budget for the next two weeks. I received some vouchers from sainsburys today giving £6 off a £30 spend so I'll shop there on Sunday for a change and I don't need much, just fresh stuff and I'll make sure I don't spend over the £30 mark. Can get extra dog food or toiletries to make it up to the correct amount for the discount if needs be.

Need to have some tea and a bath and change the bed and try on the dresses that arrived yesterday (too tired last night) but other than that I'm just pottering around until OH arrives.

Little victories for today - took bits to work to eat, no spending at all today, managed a run, got a £20 refund cheque from the DVLA in the post, using up what's in for tea
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Morning all, it's raining and cold here for the first time in ages. Just back from the park with the dog in the drizzle. Stopped at the cashpoint on the way and withdrew £60 cash for the week and popped into the little tesco for some chicken for the dog - not doing the grocery shopping until tomorrow when the sainsburys money off voucher becomes valid - there's plenty here to last the day.
    OH stayed over but we got up at 8am as we went to bed quite early - he was really tired after golf. We're going for a run together this morning at the local water park/nature reserve - want to run but not looking forward to the rain. Will be glad I've done it once it's over ;)
    We've also booked tickets (he paid) for the cinema at tea time to see Hereditary - looks quite scary. Looking forward to that.
    In the meantime, after the run I need to get my hair done at 1ish and take the cheque to the bank and drop a parcel off at the post office to send some unwanted Boohoo shopping back. I tried on the batch of summer dresses I ordered last night - two thirds of it is nice and fits really well but three items are not perfect so are going back for a refund. They were all bargains with an extra 20% off so I've more or less sorted the evening holiday wardrobe for minimal cost and they all look summery and a bit glam :)

So quite a busy day ahead but all good - none of it is work :):):)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure