PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Breadmaker - Budget option

Options

Comments

• BWZN93
    BWZN93 Posts: 2,182 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Loadsabob wrote:
    Jo, funny you should say this. I read all the stories on another board about extracting vouchers from companies through complaints, and I got so annoyed I thought I'd write to the companies I really liked and appreciated, and tell them something I liked about what they were doing (ethics, ingredients, advertising, community work etc), just as a tonic for them from the complaining culture we live in. I was amazed by the response, I was sent some free vouchers, even some free full-sized products. It hadn't been my end-goal, but I thought it was lovely! I felt I was a part of something nice. So, good on you, your praise might brighten someone's day! And if you win, too, even nicer for you!

Definately!! I quite enjoy telling companies that they have made my life easier, or some product of theirs really is great! Also, If I ever get really great customer service, I write in and tell their boss they did a good job and im pleased, I used to work for the head office of a mobile phone co, and the call centre people used to get rewards if they had done spectacular jobs, and letters in were taken into account. Its also a nice way of saying thanks, someone in the world does actually appreciate the job they do!

Jo xx
    #KiamaHouse
  • BWZN93
    BWZN93 Posts: 2,182 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    misty wrote:
    I bought my Morphy Richards from out of the local paper for £15 and it's fab. We have a supplement that lets you advertise free for items for upto £100. I kept my eye out for a fair few weeks because prices varied - some people were asking £35 plus - I thought for that price you could spend a bit more and get one with a full guarnatee. When this one came up I was in there quickly. It was in immaculate condition - she said she had used it twice - it was boxed and with instructions etc - do you have anything similar where you are?

We do actually, and I never thought of that! Will be looking into that possibility very soon!

Jo xx
    #KiamaHouse
  • soba
    soba Posts: 2,166 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Does the Panasonic SD253 make bread in a bread shape? The Hinari model I have at the moment makes tall bread, meaning that the hole where the blade comes out is at one end of the bread. Ideally, when I replace it (which won't be long) I'd like a loaf that looks a bit more traditional.
  • Zziggi
    Zziggi Posts: 2,485 Forumite
    Options
    soba wrote:
    Does the Panasonic SD253 make bread in a bread shape? The Hinari model I have at the moment makes tall bread, meaning that the hole where the blade comes out is at one end of the bread. Ideally, when I replace it (which won't be long) I'd like a loaf that looks a bit more traditional.

yes it does.

I bought this machine recently and it does make bread-shaped bread
  • Chipps
    Chipps Posts: 1,550 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a hinari, bought 2nd hand, which made lovely loaves until it died. So my mil gave me her hinari which she didn't get on with. I thought, great! Until I tried it. The tin is much thinner than the other one & it is just not the same at all. The bread always has crusts which are too hard, unless you stick it in a plastic bag as soon as it is done. I would love a decent one, but the panasonic sounds very expensive & it isn't possible to try before you buy.
    On the other hand, I can still make great dough with it, esp good for pizzas!
  • Kippsy
    Kippsy Posts: 259 Forumite
    Options
    Morning guys,

Phoned the Morphy Richards spare parts for bread machines number... need to find out my model number though! Did look last night but I couldn't find it... the paddle will be about £3 and the instruction book is £1.50! Bargain! and the bread machine was free.... :D

still got to test it out
    oooh look only about 220 posts and I got round to doing my Avatar already!!
  • soba
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Got a new Panasonic SD253 breadmaker yesterday, first loaf is in now. Got a good price by being cheeky at Currys! Checked on their website and the price is £76.98, went to the nearest store and the price there was £97.99, so I asked the assistant if they could price match, he said he didn't think so but he'd ask the manager who said YES!
    Currys website price had a delivery cost of £7ish, so well pleased with £76.98. Was considering geting it from Amazon, but if anything goes wrong with it I'll be able to pop back with it. Hope this helps anyone who's thinking of buying one.
  • Kippsy
    Kippsy Posts: 259 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Soba, was thinking that if I get the bread making bug I might sell the restores Morphy richards machine and upgrade... we shall have to wait and see!
    oooh look only about 220 posts and I got round to doing my Avatar already!!
  • Zziggi
    Zziggi Posts: 2,485 Forumite
    Options
    soba wrote:
    Got a new Panasonic SD253 breadmaker yesterday, first loaf is in now. Got a good price by being cheeky at Currys! Checked on their website and the price is £76.98, went to the nearest store and the price there was £97.99, so I asked the assistant if they could price match, he said he didn't think so but he'd ask the manager who said YES!
    Currys website price had a delivery cost of £7ish, so well pleased with £76.98. Was considering geting it from Amazon, but if anything goes wrong with it I'll be able to pop back with it. Hope this helps anyone who's thinking of buying one.

Soba, you are a star! :dance: :dance:

I ordered one of these breadmakers from amazon £79.97 because i though this was the best price. First one they sent was bashed. Ordered a replacement, that arrived this morning... bashed! Was giving up on ordering one of these. Then i read your mail, checked the currys website out, rang the local store who said they'll match their own website and they have a SD253 in stock and saving it for me. Great!
  • soba
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Glad to help Zziggi, hope you like it, my first loaf is ready in 30 minutes or so, will let you know how good it is later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure