Curve Card

Options

Comments

• Esdeen
    Options
    Anthorn wrote: »

Personally, I view it as something akin to shopping channels where urgency is the key to getting something exclusive and also a good way of getting referrals.

But surely if you are selling financial products you do not want people to be suspicious of your actions - any action really.

Anyway, we shall wait and see.
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I hope my limit will be upgraded to £50K because £10K annualy will be used very quickly.

They will up the limit as you use the card.
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Esdeen wrote: »
    But surely if you are selling financial products you do not want people to be suspicious of your actions - any action really.

Anyway, we shall wait and see.

Curve is probably opening accounts in bulk. Maybe ten or twenty thousand at a time. That would explain why the queue suddenly drops by a large number.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Does anyone know what is the best cashback credit card (with no annual fee) to be linked with this Curve Card ?

I have seen the Cashback CC on here

I link my Capital one but the transaction is declined a few times and when I asked them they told me because a link a reward CC.

Has anyone tried Tandem, Aqua Card for instance and manage to withdraw cash using Curve linking to any these cards ??
  • stevenhp1987
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    I link my Capital one but the transaction is declined a few times and when I asked them they told me because a link a reward CC.

??? Do you mean they said it's because you linked a reward credit card?

If so, nothing in the T&C prohibits that. What the T&C do prohibit is cash recycling (ie. making cash-like transactions in order to maximize cashback).

If you are only making cash-like transactions, then no wonder it's getting blocked. If you use the card for every day spend, and withdraw £30 for the Friday night, it won't get blocked as it's normal spend.

Using it to max out the daily withdraw limit in order to gain cashback will get the card blocked.
  • 2ilent8cho
    2ilent8cho Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I flicked my card on Curve to my Capital One last week and the transaction declined, no idea why.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ??? Do you mean they said it's because you linked a reward credit card?

YEs that is what they are saying
    2ilent8cho wrote: »
    I flicked my card on Curve to my Capital One last week and the transaction declined, no idea why.

I had they same problem and if you asked them they will tell you because you are linking a reward CC.
  • stevenhp1987
    Options
    YEs that is what they are saying

I had they same problem and if you asked them they will tell you because you are linking a reward CC.

What type of transactions are you doing?

Are you only withdrawing cash or using it for day to day spend (regular card transactions)?

They'll only block your reward card if you're abusing the system (ie. cash recycling in order to get points).
  • stevenhp1987
    stevenhp1987 Posts: 907 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 19 April 2018 at 10:35PM
    Options
    Purchase on two different occasions. Got declined twice.

Do not be too sure about that. Looking into another person reporting the same problem. They might be start gradually changing the way they operate.

Post #259

Are you saying, you only tried to use it twice and it got rejected? It's never been used successfully at all?!?

You were asked in another thread to copy and paste the message from Curve (well over a week ago!).

You never did.

It sounds unlikely that it was blocked by Curve unless you were abusing the system. It's possible that your bank (Capital One) blocked it...

I only have a reward card on Curve (why would I ever use a non-reward card) and it's been fine for several thousands of pounds in spend since I got the card.
  • stevenhp1987
    stevenhp1987 Posts: 907 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 19 April 2018 at 11:09PM
    Options
    Say what you want to say, you do not have to believe what another person has said. Keep guessing. No more information from me

What about 2ilent8cho wexperience in post#259, not enough ?

Nope. End of

Please post your message from Curve so that it can help others.

You never actually answered any of my (or other people in a similar thread) questions. We cannot help you if you refuse to help yourself.

What is it you're seeking from Curve?

And yes, that was Capital One, same as yours; which would indicate that it is Capital One that is blocking the transactions (no other banks seem to be "blocking" or being "blocked").

ps. Do Capital One do a cashback card (I presume a legacy card?)?!

pps. Since you've edited your post to say "I have given information what I have done." - Technically no. You've stated you've tried two transactions which were declined. These are not necessarily your first two transactions. You've not stated if they were cash withdrawals or card transactions.

Your post history seems to indicate you are very interested in cash withdrawals via Curve, which would indicate that your first two attempts were cash withdraws.

These would obviously be rejected as per the Fair Play Policy. To put it simply, they will allow a small amount of cash withdrawals, however, they cannot be above a certain % of your spending (% not stated). As you seem intent on withdrawing only, that would be 100% withdraw requests; thus they will be rejected.

If you use Curve as for everyday use, with cash withdrawals for everyday use (earning cashback along the way), you will be fine! If you use it to earn cashback via cash withdrawals only, it will be blocked. That is cash recycling.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure