Want to be on/in the audience for It Pays To Watch?

Options

Comments

• MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry guys,

But on the Tesco loophole (wombling is differentiating) these go in the email to 1.5m people - we're expecting 0.5m to watch the show. I've spoken to Tesco about such issues many times in the past; they know what goes on; they know the loopholes and they know the rules. These loopholes have been covered in every national newspaper at some stage (often from this site) and I've spoken about them on the TV before.

As for biting the hand that feed; I find the comment a fee bit offensive. I also find this generic attitude a little bit selfish; my aim is to bring MoneySaving to as wide an audience as possible. And I will continue to do so.

As for being the next Gerald Ratner; dear me.

Please don't fore-judge the programme; the tone or how things will be explained. Many of the comments above are jumping to false conclusions.

Martin
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • southernscouser
    Options
    It's a typical attitude of some people.

I notice those users who are desperate for loopholes to be kept quiet are also users who very rarely contribute to the forum. They just come and take without giving anything back.

Greedy barstewards! :rolleyes:
  • maemaesmummy
    Options
    Given the fact that lots and lots of people have had cc points wiped for wombling then anyone agreeing to talk openly and admit to doing it is round the twist....

Unless the interview is done in a pixelated form with the voice over by the guy who used to do the IRA then I wouldnt risk it...
    Bit of a Florida Fan :j
    8/12/08 Highlands Reserve, 3/12/09 Calaby Parc
    18/8/10 Villa Upper Class 19/12/10 Villa Upper Class
    10/08/11 C P Tower Lake 10/12/11 C P Tower Lake
    28/4/12 Emerald Island 22/7/12 Florida for 6 weeks
    13/12/12 4 weeks C P Tower Lake 13/2 Prize win Orlando
  • Domthemon
    Options
    It's a typical attitude of some people.

I notice those users who are desperate for loopholes to be kept quiet are also users who very rarely contribute to the forum. They just come and take without giving anything back.

Greedy barstewards! :rolleyes:

No we have another forum which is free of such comments like this.
  • southernscouser
    Options
    DomtheMon wrote: »
    No we have another forum which is free of such comments like this.

It's greed. Pure and simple. You only care about yourself. Thats why this world is like it is. :)
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    OK Let's get this one back on track - this is about It Pays To Watch :)

Here's a line let's draw it underneath please
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • thinkginge
    Options
    well said martin. lol

good luck with your show, i'll be watching, i must say, before this site i never quibbled about the service i recieved or price i paid, now i've found my voice!

must also say i hope, that what happened last time to the site after one of your shows doesn't happen again, that was unreal!!!!!!! i actually felt a bit lost for those few days and had not very much to talk about!
    my boots and tesco addictions are costing me a fortune
    :rolleyes: :j :rolleyes:
    am tackling my debt cant bury head in sand any longer:confused:
    april 08 : £1600
    may 08 : £1243
  • immoral_angeluk
    Options
    I for one am really excited about the program :D Anything that enhances the great work that MSE does is fantastic in my opinion :D Can't wait to see it! :T
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • Domthemon
    Options
    An example Martin. The fact online e-codes are posted online. But the fact hundreds more people use them than have been sent them is largely overlooked by Tesco - with a few noted exceptions.

If however twice as many people used them.... or three times as many... then potentially there would be fewer codes and/or more clamp downs. They will only budget for x million points so any mass take up will reduce the offers. Ditto the Tesco clubs, ditto cashback offers, ditto most loopholes.

The info and the posts on MSE remain the same, but by broadcasting to a larger audience it potentially wrecks it for everyone currently savvy enough to search out the info, like those of us here and on similar boards.

I don't agree that it is 'selfish' as Martin and others state, I just think it is common sense not to shout about it from the rooftops because if the number of people exploiting loopholes or maxxing cashback increase (which is surely the point otherwise why do the programme?) and everyone is made aware of them as Martin states he wants, then there is unlikely to be a proportionately bigger pot to cater for the bigger audience.

I think this is the general concern of those who have expressed concerns. Can't put it any plainer really. If you want to call it selfish then thats up to you, but don't come moaning when the loopholes are closed, the points coupons dwindle (already happening) and the codes dry up (ditto) because instead of thousands of us here, millions are after them.
  • Labasheedy
    Options
    That's a pretty succinct summing up of our concerns. :)
    Well done Dom.

I would expect Martin is torn between the brightlights of spreading further money-saving fame (as is his valid ambition) and the understanding that that in itself will eventually destroy the very thing he aims to promote.
    I started off with nothing and I've still got most of it left.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure