Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Bottle top & other convert to ca£h scemes?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• antenna
    antenna Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Throw your bottle tops away.....the bin bag is worth more than the tops,....if you REALLY want to help a good cause,then,everytime you throw a bottle top away put 1 penny in a jar,thats 500 times what a bottle top is worth,then post the jiffy-bag full of pennies to your local good cause........the postage for your 1000 coins should only be around £7.50.........are you getting the point?
    Political?....I dont do Political....well,not much!
  • aloiseb
    aloiseb Posts: 701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    .....put them in the recycling. At least then the council then have a chance of doing something with them.
    Our local hospice collects them - you could try contacting yours?
  • Bomber__H
    Options
    ghsrecycling in Southampton
    These guys will turn your plstic bottle tops into cash for charity (registered ones only)

Hello

Not sure if this is the right place?

I am looking for places that appeal for items such as bottle tops (mainly plastic) and other recyclable bits that the charity can convert to cash for fundraising.

There used to be a scheme near me that did this with plastic bottle tops but I recently went to drop off my carrier bag full to find they have stopped collecting them.

Naturally I dont just want to waste an opportunity by throwing them away as we do seem to collect quite a few in a week and I now find I automatically put it in the collection cup instead of the bin when the bottles are empty.

Our local council has supplied us with a green recycle bin which we manage to fill within 24 hrs of them emptying it (we are desparate for another 1 at least!) and the rest ends up in carrier bags which they wont take as extra so we take them to the supermarket and use the recycle units there or at the park when we walk the dog.

Any ideas?

Thanks

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
  • Fruit_and_Nut_Case
    Options
    Bomber__H wrote: »
    ghsrecycling in Southampton
    These guys will turn your plstic bottle tops into cash for charity (registered ones only)
    A link could be helpful. :)
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • chefdadlee
    Options
    Hello

Not sure if this is the right place?

I am looking for places that appeal for items such as bottle tops (mainly plastic) and other recyclable bits that the charity can convert to cash for fundraising.

There used to be a scheme near me that did this with plastic bottle tops but I recently went to drop off my carrier bag full to find they have stopped collecting them.

Naturally I dont just want to waste an opportunity by throwing them away as we do seem to collect quite a few in a week and I now find I automatically put it in the collection cup instead of the bin when the bottles are empty.

Our local council has supplied us with a green recycle bin which we manage to fill within 24 hrs of them emptying it (we are desparate for another 1 at least!) and the rest ends up in carrier bags which they wont take as extra so we take them to the supermarket and use the recycle units there or at the park when we walk the dog.

Any ideas?

Thanks

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
    I live in wales up the valleys and the council giv us free bags wich we fill with recycled products all mixed up in bag as long as its been washed so free bags would be better than a bin
  • danray100
    Options
    Found this following a quick google search this evening:

Search under 'New Forest Mencap Recycling Fundraising'

PLASTIC MILK BOTTLE TOP COLLECTION

We collect plastic milk bottle tops for New Forest Mencap. Many organisations are involved in collecting for us:- New Milton Infants, New Milton Juniors, Tiptoe Primary, Pennington Junior School, Lymington Junior School, Merdon Junior School, Chandlers Ford, Cardiac Intensive Care Unit at Southampton General Hospital. Moorwood Cottage Nursing Home in Chandlers Ford, Bournemouth Hospital, British American Tobacco Company Southampton, RPS Planning and Development Abingdon Oxford, Firesafe Solutions Bishops Waltham, King Somborne Church, Sway church, St Saviours Church, Brockenhurst, South Baddesley infants School, Lymington and District Multiple Sclerosis Group and many more kind individuals…

If you drink milk and would like to help support us – please start collecting your plastic milk bottle tops. NO other tops please, ensure they are washed and any foil inserts. The milk bottle tops are collected by a recycling company, melted down, and turned into pellets and sold back into UK industry and made into Fence posts, Traffic cones, Plant pots, Gas pipes and Mesh around new trees. If you put them into your household waste they are not recycled and are incinerated at Marchwood. You can help us raise money for our Charity by either:
    posting them to:

New Forest Mencap
    Nedderman Centre
    Marryat Road
    New Milton

Hants
    BH25 5NY

Or deliver them to the Nedderman Centre Car Park, we have three wheelie bins to the left of the green textile bin or take them to the recycling company A.P.R at Gate 2 Campbell Road, Eastleigh, Southampton, Hants, SO50 5AD. There is a wheelie bin to the left as you drive into Gate 2 just pop them in there!
    Please DO NOT deliver to Stopples Lane. The bin has been moved from there.

Please telephone 01425 621893 if more information is required

Many thanks for supporting us
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family