The Last Furlong

Options

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Sunshine. I was prescribed ADs some years ago, I took them for 2 days and felt so out of it I stopped taking them. I did as you are doing - fresh air, walks, tinkering in the garden, crafts and rest. I also wrote my feelings. down - good and bad but always tried to finish with a positive and I wrote letters - none of which could be sent as the recipients were no longer in my life - of everyday things I’d wanted to say to certain folk. I did this for a good while whilst I got the feelings out of my system. I’d read them from time to time and contemplated. Eventually I no longer needed them so burned them - that was an emotional yet happy day. I also had a short course of counselling and came out the other side. Hang on in there - you’ll get through this.

Your present sounds lovely and very thoughtful from your ds. I’m pleased your gks are back - never a dull moment when they’re around. Enjoy your train ride - sounds good.
    January spends - £587.58
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,385 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi Sunhsine, I'm glad to hear you feel like you are progressing ,I think being able to remove yourself from the stress of work helps too, it just gives you that bit of space to try to concentrate on yourself,I know you are still looking after the little people but they provide their own kind of therapy I think, hope you have a good week
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Sunshine_girl2
    Options
    I have had a couple of days away in the Lake District at a friends caravan. We did a 5 mile walk on 2 days . I have enjoyed the fresh air, but felt very tired when I got home. I have the sorest neck , maybe different pillows . My new mattress is coming tomorrow, I can't wait to be back on a spring one and not memory foam. Have done lots of home admin today which I have been putting off for ages.

Have a good afternoon everyone.
    Debt free April 26th 2021

• Sunshine_girl2
    Options
    milann wrote: »
    Hi Sunshine. I was prescribed ADs some years ago, I took them for 2 days and felt so out of it I stopped taking them. I did as you are doing - fresh air, walks, tinkering in the garden, crafts and rest. I also wrote my feelings. down - good and bad but always tried to finish with a positive and I wrote letters - none of which could be sent as the recipients were no longer in my life - of everyday things I’d wanted to say to certain folk. I did this for a good while whilst I got the feelings out of my system. I’d read them from time to time and contemplated. Eventually I no longer needed them so burned them - that was an emotional yet happy day. I also had a short course of counselling and came out the other side. Hang on in there - you’ll get through this.

Your present sounds lovely and very thoughtful from your ds. I’m pleased your gks are back - never a dull moment when they’re around. Enjoy your train ride - sounds good.

I have started this , great idea. Thank you.

• Sunshine_girl2
    Options
    Hi Sunhsine, I'm glad to hear you feel like you are progressing ,I think being able to remove yourself from the stress of work helps too, it just gives you that bit of space to try to concentrate on yourself,I know you are still looking after the little people but they provide their own kind of therapy I think, hope you have a good week

The grandchildren are my therapy, I would be lost without them .

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad that you had a nice wee break :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 7,696 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Great news about the break. Hope your neck eases off after you get sorted with your mattress. x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Your break sounded just the ticket. :)

Enjoy your new mattress and well done on tackling the admin!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Sunshine_girl2
    Options
    New mattress is very comfortable, early days with the sleeping but I am definitely sleeping better . This weekend I have felt much more like myself and am feeling like the fog is lifting.

Tomorrow I have occupational health at work, just a tick box exercise I think. Wednesday I am at the doctors to discuss the next step and possibly going back to work. Thursday I have a meeting with HR at work all perfectly normal for my employers.

I have had the sideboard to match my console table delivered and am waiting DS to put it together at the end of the week. I am doing more decluttering when the sideboard is up and running .

Money has gone well this month, I have a few things on FB and hope to get a few pound from their sale. Have been out walking today , but it was very blustery only managed 7000 steps but better than nothing.

Going to do some knitting now.

• Willowtree222
    Options
    7000 steps is still amazing.

Glad you can see the fog lifting a little. I hope the appointments go well and there is no pressure from your work. xx
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family