Con artists - "Approved Garages"

Options

Comments

• hucker
    hucker Posts: 112 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    giraffe69 wrote: »
    I don't think you can brew gin & tonic and not everyone wishes to spend significant time brewing their own beer or cider. I sometimes also go to restaurants rather than cook my own food.

Your views,which started life on the iniquity of garages, certainly have covered a wide variety of topics and they all have in common a world record attempt on the most dross that can be talked by a poster imaginable.

Brewing is actually very easy. Yeast, sugar, a couple of nutrients etc which come with the yeast pack, leave it at room temperature for 2 weeks, and voila. 1/10th price alcohol. No tax.
  • hucker
    Options
    treboeth wrote: »
    Are you a farmer by any chance ;)

No, farmers are very inconsiderate drivers and normally have 50 cars queued behind their tractor. I always let people out/past/etc.
  • hucker
    Options
    Joe_Horner wrote: »
    And they're declining to take the job on. Which is absolutely their right as a business. Do you get it now?

They already charged me for the MOT test and failed to warn me they wouldn't take my own parts. This cost me another MOT fee at a reputable garage.
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Your test for a reputable business is that one will do what you want regardless of legality is reputable and one that won't do what you want is unreputable.

Oh, and if your cheap imported electricals that fail EU rules (don't have a genuine CE mark and number) set fire to your property and damage other property, good luck getting your house insurance paying for it.
  • Joe_Horner
    Joe_Horner Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hucker wrote: »
    They already charged me for the MOT test and failed to warn me they wouldn't take my own parts. This cost me another MOT fee at a reputable garage.

And?

The MOT test was a different job, and one which (because of the rules of the scheme) they're obliged to do if you ask them to.

Fitting spurious parts isn't part of that scheme, so they don't have to accept those jobs.
  • hucker
    Options
    Mercdriver wrote: »
    What about the life of the person in front of you? Does that person who you likely know have any rights over whether you crush them to death?

You're not only deluded but inconsiderate too.

If I'm a passenger in a car, the driver can ask me to wear one and I'll do so. But nobody outside my car can be affected and has no business telling me to wear one.
  • hucker
    Options
    I'd rather drink beer that doesn't taste like chemical poison, and since you have no respect for anything except the bottom line price regardless of safety concerns, I'd advise people not to partake of your handiwork.

Plenty folk brew their own. It's not poison, it's just ethanol. And no you don't get loads of methanol, just read up on it and delete your ignorance.
    Oh and I'm not a garage mechanic nor a garage owner. Just because people disagree with you doesn't mean they have a vested interest.

You're on a money saving forum and want to spend more than you have to. That makes alarm bells ring. And since you presumably drive a Merc, I guess you don't need to save money.
    Mind you it's about time we considered the words of Mark Twain:

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

I was just thinking the same thing about you lot.
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    ruddy hell is this thread still going?

As for not wearing a seat belt.....words fail me.
  • hucker
    Options
    One for the OP...

Wear your damned seatbelt...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKHY69AFstE

They could have made it more believable. It was the drivers fault for not looking where she was going.
  • hucker
    Options
    Joe_Horner wrote: »
    To be fair, years ago I cracked the secret of brewing top class homebrew lager - genuinely as good as you'll get in a pub.

Borrow a cooler, tap, CO2 setup and a couple of spare kegs from the Sgts Mess, brew directly in the keg and let the gas and ice coldness hide the fact it's pretty revolting (as is warm flat "real" lager!)

I brew plain alcohol with no flavour (I feed the yeast with sugar), then add the flavour when I make the drink (with orange juice, coca cola, etc.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure