Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• adehardy
    Options
    I did the switch from EDF to AVRO. In my welcome pack it stated that my first direct debit was to be 10 days before my start date. I called customer services, wait time 25 minutes, who said it was their policy and it could not be changed. I cancelled the switch to Avro and have since gone to Bristol Energy.
    Just a thought.......... If your supplier wont answer the phone in a timely manner, try stopping your direct debit and recalling all the money you have ever paid them under the D/D guarantee. It's amazing how quick they will call you!
  • stevw_2
    Options
    Bad experience. Decided to switch to Avro, then received Welcome Pack and discovered that they wanted to take a first payment 10 days before the supply was due to transfer over from current supplier. This would have meant having to pay two lots of energy costs to two different suppliers in the same month. Have not seen request for an advance payment from any supplier before when switching services. Sent email requesting for the first DD to be deferred for 8 days to match next salary payment. Waited two days - no reply. Called to enquire: waited >12 minutes to speak to an agent only to be told this as not possible. Told them I would would cancel the transfer and take my business elsewhere. Inflexible, could care less attitude. My account now appears to be locked, preventing me cancelling my energy transfer. Will not recommend Avro.
  • cranford
    cranford Posts: 797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I knew that AVRO were going to take a DD 10 days before supply starts, its not something they hide. But in my case lending them £100 at a cost to me of £1 per year compensated by the hundred or so pounds that I am saving each year on their tariff.
  • DaleHarries
    Options
    Been with Avro for almost a year now. Only contact has been to change email address, which they did quickly and didn't need a phone call.

Online section is good, and they email you monthly to give your meter reading.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,907 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Has anyone renewed with Avro for a second year and did it go smoothly?

I emailed them and they said they had renewed me at a direct debit £10 per month less than the MSE credit club estimate. I guess this is because I have built up a credit with them over the last year.

My concern is that my renewal date is 22nd September but I have not received a formal confirmation and my online profile has not been amended in any way.
  • abbey1539
    Options
    I have just renewed with Avro for a further 12 months after noticing that their Simple and Value tariff was marginally cheaper than the Simple and Spring I had been on since March this year. Just emailed them and they made the change straightaway. I have had no problem with Avro and would certainly recommend them based on my experience, particularly as there are no exit fees making it easy to change if necessary.
  • buzzard
    buzzard Posts: 227 Forumite
    Options
    Switched to Avro after Ovo energy made such a mess of switching me to another tariff that I negotiated my way out. Ovo have harassed me ever since and I now have a complaint with the Ombudsman.

Avro took a long time to do the switch - about a month - and they dont send me meter reading reminders. I didnt get the first bill until I chased them.

Still they are considerably cheaper than Ovo and when I phoned about the lack of a bill very polite and sorted it quickly.

I think some of the people complaining dont understand the ridiculous procedure that ALL companies use when you switch that means they use estimates - and very daft ones - even if you have sent meter readings. Usually doesnt mean more than a couple of pounds difference but is very annoying.
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 8 September 2017 at 8:00PM
    Options
    They were the cheapest for me out of the ones I looked at on the Cheap Energy Club, so I've started a switch this evening from the British Gas MSE Collective Fix Oct 2017.

They're also based in Nuneaton, which is near to where I live.

I've already had the initial email inviting me to set up my password for my online account, which I'll do later.

More updates to follow :)

Edit to add: The welcome pack was attached as a PDF to the initial welcome email - I'm a moron for not noticing it earlier :)
  • Clive_x
    Clive_x Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 1 September 2018 at 12:08PM
    Options
    Hello Peeps, New Boy Clive here in London. I've been with Avro a few weeks now, so far 10/10. One small point about phones, the 0330 "free" number when I googled, does not appear to be free (have told them), but there is a free 0800 contact number on their customer service reps emails. The number is 0800 680 0795. Have not needed to use it though,so far, as email communication has been excellent. Fingers crossed for the future.
    update Sept 1. 2018
    0800 tel no. discontinued, but hey ! just renewed 1 year fixed term dual fuel contract and the price has DROPPED by £4 !
    AVRO now get 11/10 from me, no probs, great sevice, & price dropping when British Gas prices rising.
  • Shaz2403
    Options
    Excellent customer service, I emailed to ask if on their lowest Tariff, they replied within 24 hours to advise I wasn't and explained lowest Tariff. I replied to take up lower price option and they moved me over, no fuss, no hassle. Have since had email advising of lower DD.

I have since done comparison on energy club and I'm on lowest Tariff in compar to all companies, highly recommend
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback