Anyone have opinions on SMS Legal

Options
123457»

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Gladstone Brooks? Really? Because they have better advertising than most?

All claims companies do is take your money for the price of a stamp.
    Don't be fooled twice.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • abuttyout
    Options
    I received a call yesterday off a company called TCT Legal. When it got to the ' give us the numbers on your credit card ' part of the phone call I told him were to go..

Had a look for them on google and cant find anything, cant see a tct legal on this forum either, so hopefully anybody searching these forums now will have a result pop up.

Quick question .. were did they get my details from in the first place? Have they made a breach of the data protection act?
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    abuttyout wrote: »
    I received a call yesterday off a company called TCT Legal. When it got to the ' give us the numbers on your credit card ' part of the phone call I told him were to go..

Had a look for them on google and cant find anything, cant see a tct legal on this forum either, so hopefully anybody searching these forums now will have a result pop up.

Quick question .. were did they get my details from in the first place? Have they made a breach of the data protection act?

Either fraudulently obtained data or more likely just pot luck guessing at your accounts (or using the classic magic trick "psychics" use called cold reading where they fool you into giving them data which they then use to make you think they know)
  • quadrille
    Options
    Hi Happy Girl 138.

Another one joined the scarlet club. After reading the winding up report and the large
    number of subscribers. Sings along with current car advert on TV " another one hits
    the dust" or words to that effect. Should sent messrs Rushton and Rhys T' to defend
    our interests in Brexit, on paper performance, should do well.
    Happy Girl, should you still be out there. Would you consider writing up a few facts
    on how you went about claiming back your fund via the bank.
    In the first instance, a chill wind comes from my bank. Or maybe, others in the same
    boat, have experience to offer.
    Thank you.
  • sarahwhite20
    Options
    hello I signed up with SMS two years ago who assured me that i had a strong case to collect PPI. Apart from panyreceiving monthly emails on updates, I am struggling to contact them Does any one know if this company exists as I did up front £499.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    hello I signed up with SMS two years ago who assured me that i had a strong case to collect PPI. Apart from panyreceiving monthly emails on updates, I am struggling to contact them Does any one know if this company exists as I did up front £499.
    A PPI complaint usually takes around eight weeks from start to finish. What is their excuse for it taking TWO YEARS?

I'd contact the Legal Ombudsman if I were you...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure