Slimming through the Winter - Slimming World support thread 2019

Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tea-002.jpg
    Scotch eggs syn free , the meat was a bit wet think thats why they split:cool:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    Good Afternoon :hello:

I have been and bought a Bella magazine for the SW coupon :)

Saturday morning I am going to go to a SW class :eek: only for the new books wont go again after :rotfl:

Will have to tell porkies and lower my goal I don't need to lose 7lbs lol

Will still be weighing in Sunday 3pm unless their scales say I have lost loads :D

What's the coupon for tweets please?
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    tea-001.jpg
    Sausages 1 syn for 4 (heck chicken) officially should count spaghettihoops now, but they were free when i lost my weight so i still treat them as free :D
    OH tweets meant to say good luck on Sat, did yo go and get books before or is this the first time?

That's a great idea for the eggs bubbs, just chuck 4 in together and cut in half. :D
    I'm going to copy that one.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for posting Stoke. Good to know that you've drawn a line on 2018 and moving forward.:)
    ...on a journey to discovering who I am nowadays which is already interesting. I'm going to cut my hair a lot shorter (wasn't allowed) and got a helix piercing (also not allowed) and have been enjoying plenty of make up free days (also not allowed...do you see a pattern here ;) ) Hopefully weightloss will slot in now :)

I am immensely pleased and proud lush. :T It hurts just to read what you've written. Now's a great time to make a fresh start and healthy eating just has to be good for you. Any weightloss will boost your confidence which he's tried so hard to undermine.:mad:

I'm loving that you've taken your family in hand to organise them and it's so good to hear that they'll be onside with you following the plan. Hopefully it'll be warm enough to do that inventory very soon. :)

Thanks for the explanations Pollyanna and marmite. Whatever happens, healthier eating and loosely following the plan will be good for you and if it's a positive change from what you ate before you'll lose some weight. The syns in the plan are there to give us an easy measure of how much of what we eat should be treats compared with other food groups. If you want to eat higher syn foods regularly (like the yogurt and possibly the sausages) then that's fine but it could take you over the 105 per week pollyanna. I save syns for booze at weekends too marmite so eating low syn/syn free works for me and others but don't deprive yourself or go hungry or you'll give up. Good luck to you both.:)
  • bubbs
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    What's the coupon for tweets please?
    Free membership, you get all the books and new talk, just pay 4.95

Did you do all your eggs separate?
    maman wrote: »
    Thanks for posting Stoke. Good to know that you've drawn a line on 2018 and moving forward.:)

I am immensely pleased and proud lush. :T It hurts just to read what you've written. Now's a great time to make a fresh start and healthy eating just has to be good for you. Any weightloss will boost your confidence which he's tried so hard to undermine.:mad:

I'm loving that you've taken your family in hand to organise them and it's so good to hear that they'll be onside with you following the plan. Hopefully it'll be warm enough to do that inventory very soon. :)

Thanks for the explanations Pollyanna and marmite. Whatever happens, healthier eating and loosely following the plan will be good for you and if it's a positive change from what you ate before you'll lose some weight. The syns in the plan are there to give us an easy measure of how much of what we eat should be treats compared with other food groups. If you want to eat higher syn foods regularly (like the yogurt and possibly the sausages) then that's fine but it could take you over the 105 per week pollyanna. I save syns for booze at weekends too marmite so eating low syn/syn free works for me and others but don't deprive yourself or go hungry or you'll give up. Good luck to you both.:)

And i save my syns for picky tea:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    I also meant say, nice to see to you stoke , i did mention you last week :D
  • sarymclary
    sarymclary Posts: 3,224 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you for the chart Chrisv
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Please can you share the Flapjack recipe?
    I make flapjacks regularly for OH and if I can make healthier ones it would be great.
    Tia.

I don't have an exact recipe, as I just chuck stuff in a pan and hope for the best. OH is a bit of a gym bunny so they are good for him to have in his diet (he is very disciplined, unlike me :o ) but it generally goes something like this:
    125g butter (you can use anything you like, but as a harder fat it holds better, and I like that it's natural)
    300g oats (sometimes a bit more if the mix seems 'wet')
    3 very, very ripe (black skin) bananas mashed up (this week I had 4 left over so I used all of them)
    handfulls of:
    pumpkin seeds
    milled chia seeds (Lidl's own)
    whatever nuts I may have to hand, or chopped apricots (good for iron, calcum and vitamins)
    1/2 tsp cinnamon or corriander for added flavour
    (basically, shove in whatever you like, or OH likes that's healthy)
    Bake in the oven at 190*C for 20-25 mins in middle of the oven until golden in a lined pan if poss. It's enough mix to fill a 10" flan tin about and inch or so thick, and I cut it into about 12 triangles, which are a decent snack or even breakfast replacement size.

It's not a very sweet flapjack, but tastes quite a bit of the banana. It can be a bit of a sticky flapjack once cooked, and firms up more if kept in the fridge, but I keep it in an airtight tub on the kitchen counter as that's what we like. If you want it sweeter, obviously add sweetener (or real sugar if you prefer to add the cals). I don't have access to the syn calculator, so can't tell you how much it will be :undecided

not harsh - it was long overdue i think. it was leave or have a mental breakdown/get sectioned that day!

thank you :) on a journey to discovering who I am nowadays which is already interesting. I'm going to cut my hair a lot shorter (wasn't allowed) and got a helix piercing (also not allowed) and have been enjoying plenty of make up free days (also not allowed...do you see a pattern here ;) ) Hopefully weightloss will slot in now :)

Well done for taking that first step to change the rest of your life. I've been there, it's not easy, but it is SO worth it. Rediscovering the real (old) you is liberating, and rather exciting.

Well it was back to work today and what a busy one it was too. So busy that by the time I thought about making my porridge for breakfast it was 12pm, so I had an alpen bar instead and waited the hour for lunch instead. I was fortunately quite organised, so didn't have anything to worry about foodwise today:

B: alpen light (1/2 HEXB)
    L: left over pasta (3); 0% Kvarg quark with apple (1)
    D: HM beef casserole (3), carrots, swede, new potatoes, baked beans
    snacks: banana; satsuma
    HEBA - milk in teas
    Extra syns - dolce gusto coffee (4) = TOTAL SYNS = 11

Off to eat my casserole now. I called my 18 y/o son at lunchtime to tell him to turn the slow cooker down onto low, and he asked what on earth was cooking because he woke up and the house smelled 'wham'! I guess that's youngster speak for 'blimming good' because he's determined to come home from his mates' to have some so OH and I don't eat it all :j
    One day the clocks will stop, and time won't mean a thing

Be nice to your children, they'll choose your care home
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good to see you Stoke :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    tea-001.jpg
    Sausages 1 syn for 4 (heck chicken) officially should count spaghettihoops now, but they were free when i lost my weight so i still treat them as free :D
    OH tweets meant to say good luck on Sat, did yo go and get books before or is this the first time?

Jeeps bubbles.....If I ate that I would never lose weight....:(
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great loss Ruby :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure