PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 2

Options

Comments

• K9zz
    K9zz Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all,
    WEIGH IN ALERT +1.2lbs [COLOR="Black] on I’m afraid! Been eating really badly this week so not really surprising.
    Intend to pull my socks up and knuckle down next week.
    Have a good weekend everybody.
    Luv K9zz xx
  • K9zz
    Options
    Can someone please educate me in how to use the typescript functions on here. That last msg was supposed to be bold, underlined and in shocking pink!!
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,765 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    K9zz wrote: »
    Can someone please educate me in how to use the typescript functions on here. That last msg was supposed to be bold, underlined and in shocking pink!!

You've missed the end bits off. For every bit at the beginning of the bit that you want to do something to there is an end and you write the relevant thing in the middle. It should look like this...

[ COLOR="Red"] [/COLOR ]

[ SIZE="4"] [/SIZE ]

I've had to add a space in the beginning and end of those brackets that shouldn't be there or you wouldn't be able to see them...

Then the bit that you want to be in colour or a different size goes between ] that and [ that bit in the middle.

like this

or this

BOO!
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,765 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning all,

I'm going to work soon so I'll update the lists either later if I can still think straight or tomorrow when I'm not working.

The weather is awful today - windy and very wet. It's a bit of a change from the lovely warm salad eating type of weather that we've been enjoying. My first week at work has been very disorganised eating wise so I'm not expecting any kind of loss this week. I'm expecting next week to be much better food wise as I've actually made a meal plan which takes my working hours into account.

Take care all of you :)
  • K9zz
    edited 11 May 2019 at 7:38AM
    Options
    +1lb for me please.
    Just experimenting, ignore please.
  • MrsLottie
    MrsLottie Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    I’m pleased to say that I’ve managed to lose 1.5lbs this week in spite of being away for the Easter weekend .I will try to do the same again this week ,I hope the weather cheers up because it seems easier to eat less when the sun shines.
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Options
    Evening Everyone,

Well I certainly feel like eating more today - its so cold and windy. Hard to believe its only a few days since it was 24C!!

It was my looking after DGD day today and she was desperate to go to a charity coffee morning her friends parents were organizing so we spent the morning there. The tombola was the main attraction and she came home with a bag full of stuff!! However, it's all in a good cause and I've persuaded her the adult stuff she won - eg a jar of coffee- can go to the foodbank. We also went to the charity shop and spent the change on a couple of soft toys to add to her enormous collection.

This afternoon we played for a couple of hours and then went out for coffee with my Mother and DDiL. Because its so cold and horrid I'm low on steps at the moment. I will get some more walking to work, which is due to be busy again tonight. I did resist cakes etc at the coffee morning so the meals eaten are looking quite reasonable today, although I haven't eaten as much protein as my app would like me to since I adjusted it.

Lunch: 2 hardboiled eggs, 2 slices of ham
    Dinner: Piece of salmon with Hollandaise sauce, peas, yellow pepper and swede. Greek yoghurt with raspberries.
    Treats: 4 squares of dark chocolate.

Hope you are all having a good weekend.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,924 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Only 1/2lb this week :( must try harder next week!
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Options
    Evening Everyone,

It's very quiet on here as seems usual over the weekend. I hope it means you are all enjoying yourselves. I try to post every day as I think it helps keep me on the straight and narrow.

I played tennis this morning and then spent half the day cooking - with Mum coming for lunch and DS, DDiL and DGD for the evening meal. I also walked up to work with a sandwich for DS as I had to drop something off anyhow.

Lunch: Low carb kedgeree - made with grated cauliflower instead of rice.
    Dinner: Minced beef, mushrooms, shredded cabbage and peas.
    Treats: 4 squares of dark chocolate, 4 Aero mint bubbles.

I also made a syrup sponge for everyone else, which I can resist when cooked but did succumb to several tastes of the raw cake mixture! When will I learn that if I bake I give in to tasting.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • ellie99
    ellie99 Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have STS again this week. No excuses, I just haven't tried hard enough, had some good days and some not so good.
    I've been looking after my baby grandson quite a bit this week, so good walks pushing the pram. He feels heavy when I carry him about, and he is 14lbs. I'd like to lose twice that!

I was away yesterday for a meeting, and when I finally got home I went to the chippy. It was not nice at all, I only ate half of it and I think it's put me off going again, which is a good thing :)

I looked after a friend's dog today while they were at a family do. She brought me back a very lovely chocolate cake to say thank you. Looks delicious :)

Will keep trying next week (but I will be trying the cake!)

If you could live one day of your life over again, which day would you choose?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure