New plan...time to see some movement!

Options

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Kitten868 wrote: »
    No matter how bad it gets you still eBay. Jwil you are a marvel.

I've been wanting to get some skechers boots to warm up my feet. Can't seem to shake off the cold either. There's a fair few black Friday deals on mattresses. Even on Amazon.

Sorry jwil. Keep going xxx

Thank you lovely :)

I hate ebay, I really don't want to do it any more, but it's the only way I can keep DH decluttering. If I left him to do it, I'd be waiting forever. It's the lesser of two evils!

I hope you manage to get some boots. I had a look at mattresses the other day, but we just can't afford it at the moment, until after Christmas. I really really want to get one now though!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I hope you get a better night's sleep tonight.

How annoying about the heating at work not working. I have the opposite problem, it's freezing at home and toasty everywhere else.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm not nagging you about the mattress. I just think you are bottom of your list and want to remind you that it is your next priority. I'm sitting here with hair that hasn't been cut since February, wearing my newest clothes from my birthday last year and my bra from 2015. I know all about putting yourself last and kids shoes and cereal taking precedence over stuff for you but not this time. A mummy that has had proper sleep is the number thing your family needs. Yes it will have to wait for now but it is next.

Nobody likes ebaying... except those smug so and sos that do it for a living. You do love reclaiming your space and I can tell from your posts you are getting somewhere with it. I think the house is lighter. You don't say it but I can tell from the difference in how you talk about it. It isn't forever.

How's it all going for you otherwise? Keeping up with all the school dates - they seem to keep flying at me at the moment. And I've just started Christmas shopping. Trying to be selective with my black Friday finds. What do you do for the kids? I do 3 from me, 3 from Santa each.

Despite how awful you feel you are still truly rocking it. You keep paying it down month after month and manage your budget. You keep going no matter how much it gets you down and how many set backs you get. It feels awful right now but you know the sun will shine again. Xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • jwil
    Options
    I hope you get a better night's sleep tonight.

How annoying about the heating at work not working. I have the opposite problem, it's freezing at home and toasty everywhere else.

It's horrible being cold. I hope you manage to sort out your energy issues. I heard someone else complaining about your energy supplier and their extortionate price rises.
    Kitten868 wrote: »
    I'm not nagging you about the mattress. I just think you are bottom of your list and want to remind you that it is your next priority. I'm sitting here with hair that hasn't been cut since February, wearing my newest clothes from my birthday last year and my bra from 2015. I know all about putting yourself last and kids shoes and cereal taking precedence over stuff for you but not this time. A mummy that has had proper sleep is the number thing your family needs. Yes it will have to wait for now but it is next.

Nobody likes ebaying... except those smug so and sos that do it for a living. You do love reclaiming your space and I can tell from your posts you are getting somewhere with it. I think the house is lighter. You don't say it but I can tell from the difference in how you talk about it. It isn't forever.

How's it all going for you otherwise? Keeping up with all the school dates - they seem to keep flying at me at the moment. And I've just started Christmas shopping. Trying to be selective with my black Friday finds. What do you do for the kids? I do 3 from me, 3 from Santa each.

Despite how awful you feel you are still truly rocking it. You keep paying it down month after month and manage your budget. You keep going no matter how much it gets you down and how many set backs you get. It feels awful right now but you know the sun will shine again. Xxx

Thank you lovely :) I don't think you are nagging, but yes, it will be shifted if I don't keep focus.

You are right, I still moan, but I can see movement in the house. DH has started moving stuff from the front room :T :T What should have taken an hour is taking a week or more :mad: but when he's done, we should have a clear floorspace in the front room :j :j :j I really can't wait and it will have been a huge difference from last year.

I like ebay today as I've sold 4 of my items :D:D It's only a couple of weeks until I take our posting break so I'm looking forward to that.

Everything's ok otherwise. I agree it's so hard trying to keep up with all of the school dates! Little jwil had a really good parent's evening the other week, and his reading has come on so well recently. They had school photos recently, but it was rubbish :mad: I'm disappointed, but at least I won't have to pay extortionate photo prices.

The kids get a few presents from us, and a stocking from Father Christmas. I usually buy them clothes, toiletries etc as well so they have plenty to open, but a lot of it is useful and saves money throughout the rest of the year.

How is the house work going? Are you dust free now?
  • jwil
    Options
    I slept better last night thankfully :T I've a bit of a headache today, that's probably leftover from the last couple of nights.

It's colder outside today, but the office doesn't feel as bad as yesterday thankfully.

I was pleased with my ebay sales, particularly as one item was bulky and has emptied a box on it's own :T It's been on a while too, obviously moving from auction to BIN was the thing to do!

I'm running out of stuff to sell, but as time goes by, I'm thinking of more that can go. I think I'd like to live with a lot less so over Christmas I shall try and have another go through and see what else can go. I think I'll be happy with my books that I love, my Kindle and audible subscription for everything else and a subscription to prime or similar for films and box sets. I just want to have things I love around me. I must re-read the Marie Kondo books for inspiration.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Glad you slept better and hope the headache goes. I'm glad the ebay stuff is selling and the clutter is disappearing :T. I love freeing up space in the house.

One Christmas we got rid of a huge armchair with broken springs that never got sat in. It was lovely having extra floor space and now we put the Christmas tree in that spot, whereas before we struggled to find room for it :T.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • jwil
    Options
    Glad you slept better and hope the headache goes. I'm glad the ebay stuff is selling and the clutter is disappearing :T. I love freeing up space in the house.

One Christmas we got rid of a huge armchair with broken springs that never got sat in. It was lovely having extra floor space and now we put the Christmas tree in that spot, whereas before we struggled to find room for it :T.

It's amazing what a bit of space appearing can do! We have the same issue with the Christmas tree. One day we'll have space for a proper big one :)
  • jwil
    Options
    Another few parcels posted today.

I've been sending some pennies to the mortgage when I can. Just rounding down the bank account by whatever odd pennies are in there. It's not a lot, but makes me feel like I'm paying *something* extra.
  • jwil
    Options
    I've had my car insurance renewal. It's double what it used to be :cry: I'll definitely be shopping around. I'm sure I looked at quotes before I bought the car to check it wouldn't be a lot more :mad:

I am going to have to pay it monthly, I just can't afford it at the moment. :( Hopefully next year I can get straight again.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I'm sure you can get it a lot lower by shopping around. We're going to have to pay monthly this year too :(.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport