PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• Gintotmelinda
    Options
    Jacket potatoes, sausages, carrots, green beans, and peas. Lashings of gravy We will be having roast lamb tomorrow when ds comes for tea.
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • Happy_One
    Happy_One Posts: 90 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 13 January 2019 at 5:49PM
    Options
    Doing the first proper roast since the Christmas turkey! So have a small joint of pork,roast potatoes and parsnips, little new potatoes, sprouts,carrots and kale with homemade apple sauce from some windfalls and lots of gravy. Just two of us to feed and never any waste in this house, the left over pork will be used up with egg,chips and homemade chutney tomorrow
  • dangerbadger
    Options
    Stir fry of quorn pieces, peppers, mushrooms, onions and green beans in a yellow bean and chilli sauce.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Chicken curry and rice tonight, the one I accidentally defrosted yesterday. Same tomorrow to use up the other half.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    The lamb steak I got out of freezer turned into enough for 2 meals so had one with cabbage(freezer)mash and roasted peppers(freezer). The rest I have marinaded overnight for Moroccan Lamb using cupboard spices and remaining dates. Cooked in SC and tonight will re-heat and have with couc cous. Never had before but quite looking forward to it.
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Boiled some rigatoni pasta last night, made a HM 2 cheese sauce and popped in a casserole dish mixed together, let cool then put a cheese topping on and popped into oven , served with garlic bread – so yummy. Leftovers for tonight and HM soup for lunch…vegetarian few days without intent!
  • vodkawitch11
    Options
    Salmon ( yellow stickers cost £1) with some small potatoes and peas.
    Save more - Travel more

`TAKE NOTHING BUT PHOTO`S - LEAVE NOTHING BUT FOOTPRINTS`
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Supper tonight is going to be a 'pot pie' which is a stew cooked in a pan on the hob with a 'hat' of suet pastry that just fits the pan cooked on top of it at the end of the simmering time.
  • stressedoutmumof1
    Options
    Dinner tonight will be HM 3 Cheese Lasagne with salad and garlic bread - leftovers will be used for tomorrows lunch :)
    Squares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )
    Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)
  • Happy_One
    Options
    Love the sound of your pot pie Mrs Lurche, must try it out myself sometime. My Nan used to make a slab of suet pasty flavoured with either chopped onions or mixed herbs baked in the oven till nice and golden then served up with your meal of stew or casserole.

Our meal tonight is the remains of the roast pork joint with oven chips,fried eggs and homemade chutney,so nothing to prepare.

My Dad always said the same as Thumpers Mother, if you can’t say anything nice don’t say anything at all.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback