PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 1st October 2018

Options

Comments

• Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Welcome back MTJM.

Impressive list ticking, Ionafan. I hope DH feels better this morning.

I managed to do bits and bobs off the lists yesterday in between errands and appointments. Yesterday's changed bedding is just finishing in the wm, and hopefully will be going outside shortly. I have this morning to do some more flying, then it is the dreaded haircut ( you would think that at my age I would be over dreading the hairdresser, especially as I have been going to the same one for 25+ years), followed by a trip to Mr M.

Have a good day.
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Today is going to be a long day. 2 groups of 5 year olds, 2 groups of top end primary and 1 group of early secondary/teens. One of my young groups has a little, well physically very big, child who last week, the first session didn't want to come in and leave his parents. OK nothing new there, I usually get them on my knee and after being introduced to class mascot, a game or story all is ok. This child had a major temper tantrum and his father forced him in and left him, he screamed in the corner for a few minutes then quietened down but reacted with agressive grunts when I asked him if he wanted to join in. At the end on the hour he did start to show a bit of interest in our game of colour bingo, but is not good at respecting rules. I have had difficult kids before but not ones who display so much anger and I worry about him trying to run out of the centre as he is physically very big for me to restrain. Yes we always lock door so probably shouldn't worry. Top end primary will be great, they always are and teens are fine but just need work to get them to speak (in a foreign language) in front of their classmates.
    All this is aggravated by lack of sleep last night. DD2 who studies 500 miles away isn't feeling well, stomach ache, but she did have a big freshers style weekend where plenty was eaten and drunk but none of it good for you, and not much sleep so I'm not surprised. Any way yesterday afternoon she went to see doctor (mainly hoping for a sick note for tomorrow I think). Despite me texting her several times in the evening and trying to call no contact and then she rings at 00.45 very upset, stressed and cross with doctor as no sick note just given a prescription for something to ease pain (and I don't think she went to get the presciption straight away). Then another text at 2.00 saying pain easing, has hot water bottle and is going to sleep and worry about being absent from lessons once she's slept. What we said all along! To cap it all a big kerfuffle outside house this morning at 5.45 involving drunk youth kicking neighbours lad's car, emergency services and much shouting, so all in all very little sleep had.

Sorry to off load to you all, thank you for listening, I feel better now and writing it has helped put it all in perspective. Now ready to go to work, put my best BIG SMILE on and get on with it. But any ideas on how to win round angry little ones welcome.

I will flylater today when I get home.
    xx
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 3 October 2018 at 3:35PM
    Options
    (((Hugs))) Mademoiselle.
    Welcome back Frankie M and More than Just Mummy. :wave:
    Healing vibes for Mr Ionfan.
    (((Hugs))) for Frodders, Narco, Dancemum and everyone else with caring responsibilites.

Kelpie's been very barky lately, especially yesterday, and I now realise it's because he's exhausted. During hydrotherapy this morning he was falling asleep between swims. I need to spend more time with him - I think he gets anxious when he's on his own and can't settle down and snooze. He's currently snoring on the sofa.

Which means I can't:
    - plant the last six pansies;
    - clean the shower room and bathroom; and
    - make up the double just in case the chap who phoned earlier while I was out hasn't found anywhere else to stay and turns up on the doorstep.

I did manage to clean my laptop screen which was smeared with noxious substances. Vinegar and water, 50:50. It's taken me months to find out how to do it, and it only took seconds to actually do. Best get on with the minutes then.
    Better is good enough.
  • Mademoiselle
    Options
    I survived my day today. Last weeks agressive child was perfectly normal today so I just wasted loads of emotional energy over nothing.
    DD2 seems slightly more rational, wine drunk, chocolate eaten so life looking much better
    Tomorrow is another day and I will fly.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,855 Forumite
    Options
    Work done
    Visit done
    Kitchen done
    Hallway hoovered
    Another item sold on bay!
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all.

I'm glad things went better yesterday, Mademoiselle.

HHI ticked off this morning. After work I must do some of the lingering paperwork. The tax return still hasn't been completed...

DD should be leaving very soon, then I might be able to squeeze in at least something from the bathroom list before I have to leave. I'm not looking forward to work again. For a "nice little 4 hour job", it packs quite a punch sometimes.

Now to boot DD out the door...
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,444 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Mixed day yesterday. The plan was to undercoat and gloss various bits around the house so that I could leave everything to dry for 24 hours while we drove down to South Wales and back today, so I took Rosie to kennels early - but DH decided to see the GP about his possible chest infection so that meant an hour out mid-morning. I didn't think he was any worse than he has been previously when he has insisted on soldiering on, but then what do I know? Because the GP gave him antibiotics plus a double dose of a medication which would mean a pitstop at every services en route (or even between), we have had to cancel our visit to his cousin, and he has to go back to the GP on Friday afternoon. I managed the undercoating and shredded a few papers yesterday afternoon, but that was it.

So today I hope to achieve a lot more:
    - hoover thoroughly, both upstairs and downstairs
    - gloss all the undercoated bits, which includes the staircase handrails so DH will have to stay in his mancave all day (no hardship for him!)
    - put away all the cans of paint, thereby clearing another couple of square feet of the worktop in the utility
    - finish shredding half a box of financial paperwork from the last year when I was self-employed
    - finish clearing the spare bed (almost there now)
    - clean windows in the kitchen and DR
    - persuade DH to arrange for a window cleaner for all the outside
    - shop for F&V
    Yesterday I was frankly fed up. Today I *will* turn my mood round into rage cleaning / decorating!

(((Hugs))), spoons and sticks and GWS wishes to all who need them, and good sleep vibes to Kelpie. Will pop in with a progress report later xx
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,086 Forumite
    Options
    (((Hugs))) Ionafan. I hope today is brighter for you. Yes, thank you, Kelpie snored and snored and snored for about 18 hours. Unfortunately we're both out this morning, so he's going to be quite wound up by the time I get back. More time on minutes and tax return type things will be required. Never seen a dog fall asleep in a hydrotherapy pool before so this needs dealing with.

Up early to take OH to the station and get all the dailies done before that. In practice for later this month when I'm going to have to get up at 3.45 am - not happy, but needs must. Kitchen sorted, laundry finally all put away, the place looks a lot better, and finally is becoming a haven. We're not there yet, but another couple of months fiddling about and we'll be there. As part of the boiler installation kitchen rejig I've sorted all my cleaning materials which was a job that's needed doing for a looooooonnng time. We needed all the dusters and microfibre cloths for that job so I knew I didn't have too many but the cupboards have been a right old muddle forever.
    Better is good enough.
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,678 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Several things have reminded me it's the first week back at uni:
    - Spent 2hrs in an electronic loop trying to book a staff flu jab, presumably every other staff member was doing the same. Was finally successful.
    - ditto to renew parking permit. It recognised my name, car reg and staff number only to brightly display an error message saying there was already an account with those details. Er yes, that would be me.......it directed me to a help line which promised to deal within the next 5 days. If I get a parking ticket I won't be happy.
    - laptop is insisting Windows has expired and may becounterfeit. It says this every Oct and I have to trudge up a long steep hill to leave it with IT for hours. In the meantime it's passing shot when I turned it off was to try and install 17 updates.
    Got up at 3.30am feeling rubbish with this cold, concerned I'd have to cancel today's assessment. Don't feel quite so bad now but all I've done so far today is renew library books.
    Off to a charity coffee now then uni.

Hope Mr ionafan feels better and the journey goes ok.
    Hugs to all in need.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Mademoiselle
    Options
    Flying gently today, so far I have

Put WM on
    Booked hotel on route to skiing
    Paid DD1 rent
    Dinner in slow cooker (experiment with shin beef, carrots, red wine and half a packet onion soup)
    Created electricity account for online monitoring
    White vinegar in kettle to descale

Better get on with a bit of cleaning and find more rubbish to go in bins as they go out tonight.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure