The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 1st October 2018

Comments

• ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,402
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Progress so far:
    - hoovered *and dusted* thoroughly, both upstairs and downstairs
    - done half the shredding
    - finished clearing the spare bed apart from 1 item to return to shop, 1 item to take to one of the Old Wives, and a small pile of things to take to church on Sunday
    - persuaded DH to arrange for a window cleaner for all the outside - apparently he saw one in the next road when we went out yesterday and would have asked me to stop and get a quote if we've seen him again on the way back :cool:
    Dinner in slow cooker (experiment with shin beef, carrots, red wine and half a packet onion soup)
    That sound delish, but DH has offered to take me out for a meal this evening (originally it was for lunch, but that would have scuppered my whole day again :p)

On to painting now I've caught up with emails etc...
  • ionafan
    Forumite
    Progress continues:
    - gloss painting finished; a couple of dabs of emulsion to do later, when I can get into the ensuite (entrance currently barred by drippy newspaper and plastic)
    - some bits put away in utility
    - just a few sheets of paper left to shred
    - DH has arranged for a window cleaner (who happens to live about 100 yards from us!) to come and give a quote :)
    - DH has asked what time he should book the table for this evening :)

Now to finish the shredding, clean the kitchen and DR windows, go and deliver a raffle prize to one of the toddler mums and some children's books to another, and do the F&V shopping. Then I reckon I can take the evening off, legit :D
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,809
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Dinner done
    Upstairs all hoovered
    I need to go shopping as the fridge is empty except for 5 spuds and 1 yogurt!
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • ionafan
    Forumite
    Everything else done, large meal eaten - did I really need chips as well as fish pie with cheesy mash topping? No, but the chips were excellent, and so was the fish pie :D Think I deserved a treat after doing all my flying and more in 2 days!

Will now chill out in front of Eat More for Less!!!!!!!
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,883
    Forumite
    ionafan wrote: »
    Everything else done, large meal eaten - did I really need chips as well as fish pie with cheesy mash topping? No, but the chips were excellent, and so was the fish pie :D Think I deserved a treat after doing all my flying and more in 2 days!

Will now chill out in front of Eat More for Less!!!!!!!

The chips conundrum was never really a question now, was it! Of course the answer was yes - and thoroughly deserved.

Yesterday I was pleased that I managed to get the bathroom done, albeit in relays! Never has one room been spread over so many hours. I got rid of a bag of toys to a good home, so managed to clear just a small pile from the spare room. The paperwork was started with good intentions, but after HH I seemd to be treading water. This needs a serious time investment now to get to the bottom of the pile. That won't happen today, as I'm off to work shortly, just waiting for the wm to finish.

Have a good day. Lots of doggy hugs to Kelpie.
  • Returned home from a three day work trip, so plenty of flying required.

1) wash all the washing
    2) hang all the wet washing up (outside of possible)
    3) put all the dry washing away
    4) unpack the cases & stuff from travelling and put away
    5) change our bedding
    6) try on jeans Mum and dad bought on my behalf
    7)settle 'debts' with Mum and Dad
    8) sort tea for tonight (sausage pasta bake??)
    9) tidy round house
    10) spend lots of time with Pickle who I've really missed this week.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Glad you enjoyed your meal ionafan you deserved it.

Talking about dinner, ours wasn't bad at all, will definitely use that cut of meat again in the slowcooker, it was shin beef but cut across the bone like osso bucco. It was cheap to buy and had plenty of flavour. Sauce/gravy needed a bit more flavour but gravy granules soon fixed that! Served with mash and green beans.

I'm up, showered and dressed.
    WM is on, yesterday's last load is in TD, all ironing is up to date.

Plan for today: I must pack for weekend away, very quick and easy to do as we try and go every other weekend so know exactely what to take. sort out something for dinner that we can take with us and cook or reheat quickly when we get there. As I probably need to pop out to the supermarket I will go and look around the showroom at the place which is coming to give me a quote for a pellet stove, it will be nice to see their stuff for real before they visit. Also pick up some plants for the border I cleared at the weekend, supermarket has rosemary, sage etc on offer this week so going to take advantage and hopefully the plants will spread to keep the weeds down. Not forgetting changing the bed and shoving the hoover around and clearing the kitchen (not too bad as washing up is done but needs putting away)

Better get a wiggle on, time for coffee and breakfast.

Hugs to all
    xx
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077
    Forumite
    Fayolle wrote: »
    The chips conundrum was never really a question now, was it! Of course the answer was yes - and thoroughly deserved.

Have a good day. Lots of doggy hugs to Kelpie.

^^^ Wot she said, Ionafan, and thank you, Fayolle. He's already much better. Partly I think he's feeling his age and there's nothing I can do about that. Higgs, the black kitten, is determined to play with Kelpie, who has stopped minding being approached about it and I think might come round to seeing him as a companion. That would be really great, for both of them.

Kitchen dross put away, last six pansies planted at last, en suite scrubbed, oven clock put right - it read 20.31 this morning at 8.31. I dread resetting it because I usually manage to put the auto-timer on instead, and then can't work out how to switch it off so it's flashing at me in a nagging kind of way and I can't use the oven.
    Better is good enough.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Just a quick post to send calm sleep vibes for Kelpie. If he can regard Higgs as the company he needs to relax when his humans have to be away from home, that would be wonderful.

Sorry for lack of posts - exhaustion and stress are kind of taking their toll a bit, and I'm not sleeping at night despite valerian tablets and camomile tea.

So sacrificing posting about Flying for actually DOING the Flying, lest the bungalow descend into true midden-hood.

Mr Wolf has to see the PD Doctor on Monday.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077
    Forumite
    Thank you Lamewolf. Kelpie sends licks and hopes Mr Wolf's trip to the vet doesn't involve a thermometer up the bottom as his own trips so very often do. Very undignified.

I feel fat.

I've finished the wretched minutes and sent them off, so it's not all bad today.
    Better is good enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport