Frump to Fab 2018 - Fabulous Dahhhhlings

Options

Comments

• moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

My stomach is still painful and tender to the touch, but I am continuing to recover. :( I will carry on celebrating my birthday from tomorrow. :)

I have emailed a complaint to Groupon, the restaurant Manager and to Environmental Health. I can only hope that another customer will not have to suffer food poisoning before health and safety measures are put into place. I also gave a detailed 1* review on Trip Advisor about my nightmare dining experience.

. ]

I wouldnt be surprised if they've put up a response already saying "Customer wrong - us right - everyone else loves us". I agree with your analysis of what happened there and you were right to warn others off - but I know the one time I thought "This is so appalling - if not food poisoning level" that I put up a detailed review - that's what the restaurant did back.

I must say I was surprised to see quite a number of positive reviews earlier - when all 4 of us that had eaten there thought it was awful (though we are all used to better/wider choice it's true).
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 20 April 2018 at 10:52AM
    Options
    One day.....today is the first day of the rest of your life. A new dawn and a new day, forget the past and just make a new fresh start today.

You are not broken, you don't need fixing you just need to start loving and cherishing your body. You need to start doing things that make you feel good. You need to eat well and move more. You need to take more pride in your appearance that's all.

It's a beautiful day so get out and enjoy some sun. If you are at work and can it do that then resolve to make the most of the weather over the weekend.

Forget the weight. Have a shower or bath, put on some slap, fix your hair, Put on your gladrags and get out there in the fresh air. No money?? don't let that stop you. A walk in the park, stop for a coffee or a glass of wine in a nice little trendy pub or eatery. Just slow down and watch the world go by.

Forget routines, be happy, be spontaneous, just live for the moment. Days like this are as rare as hens teeth. Just enjoy. Treat today and this weekend as a holiday. Be a tourist and spend time in your city or the countryside

Yesterday, after my hospital appointment I popped into my local shop. I had dressed nicely, was wearing alight make up and some perfume. I treated myself to bar of Chocolate. Walking home was a bit difficult because my knee was hurting so because it was such a lovely evening I took it slowly, just sauntering along enjoying the warmth.

A very handsome man, years my junior smiled, bid me good evening and we engaged in a few pleasantries. It was nice. Passed the park, it was humming with families and young people having a good time.

People are always happier when the sun shines so just relax and allow yourself a little r&r this weekend. Get out there and mingle with the happy throngs. If you are not confident enough to strike up,p conversations with strangers then just engage in mamans and mines favourite activities......people watching.:rotfl:

Go on get dolled up and get out there.

Carpe that diem:rotfl:

I need to lose 2 stones, SUgarbaby also wants to lose weight. But it doesn't stop us.

Please don't put your life on hold worrying about your weight. Life is for living. Now not some distant point in the future when we have "fixed" ourselves.

Btw. The steroid injection has worked it's magic. Pain free. Wahoo. Still going to take it easy and keep my leg elevated. A perfect excuse to get the sun lounger out......lol.
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    I am unfortunately stuck at work until 6pm staring out at the sunshine through the window :rotfl:

I must admit people watching is one of my favourite things to do!
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am unfortunately stuck at work until 6pm staring out at the sunshine through the window :rotfl:

I must admit people watching is one of my favourite things to do!

Poor you oneday but it'll still be nice at 6 o'clock and it's Friday! If you haven't got other commitments, plan something you enjoy doing that'll make you feel good. I think visualising is really helpful for forming new habits. You need something to look forward to. You could plan to stop off and buy yourself something really healthy and easy to cook to make yourself start eating well again. What about a stir fry? Then you could have an easy, relaxing evening thinking forward to the weekend.

Do you need a hair appointment? What about soaking your own feet and doing a pedicure for yourself? That's the mse version but you could go to a beautician if money's OK. Anywhere nice you could go for a walk in the fresh air? I find writing a healthy meal plan and a shopping list helps me feel organised and in control. As for a beauty routine. I know there are days when nothing more than basic moisturising of my face and some handcream is going to happen. Other days I take time to cream myself all over including feet.

Come back and tell us how you get on.:)

Today will be a people watcher's paradise. There'll be all the blobs that have shed their hoodies and trackies and be displaying bare flesh!! And that's only the men!:rotfl:
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Money the restaurant has not responded to my complaint or to my negative review on Trip Advisor

One Day I totally agree with the advice LL has given you

My stomach is a little unsettled today so I will make sure I eat quite bland food today so my stomach has a chance to improve later in the day.

I am going to a Poetry Group tonight, then coming home to change, freshen up and go back out to a Soul evening :D
  • lessonlearned
    edited 20 April 2018 at 1:48PM
    Options
    Ooh SUgarbaby...what a fab evening you have planned. Such fun and not likely to break the bank.

Do you take probiotics, maybe some Greek yoghurt might help. I too find it takes a few days to get back to normal after a tummy upset, I have to nurse it back to health.

Maman...couldn't agree more with your comment about the blobs. Why is it always the men with the worst bodies who go around exposing acres of pale, wobbly flesh, big beer bellies, varicose veins, hideous untended Feet. Ugh. I scarcely know where to look and yet they strut their stuff like gods gift to humanity......no lack of body confidence there. :rotfl:

Ladies often we are just too hard on ourselves, too hypercritical of our body image, our looks, our achievements. We talk to ourselves in the most awful way. Our internal monologues are often one of condemnation and criticism. Ask yourself, would you speak to your loved knees the way you speak to yourself. Of course not, you would never be That cruel. So stop doing it to yourselves.

I don't want to preach but having looked after my poor paralysed husband I learned some very valuable lessons about our bodies. They are the most amazing piece of kit, truly. Their powers of healing and recuperation are nothing short of miraculous, if we help them.

Give them the right food, the right nutrients, sufficient sleep and rest, enough exercise to keep everything in fine fettle and with a bit of luck you will remain fit, mobile and attractive for decades.

Yes I have fibro and arthritis and I have wrecked the cartiledge in my right knee. But here's the thing......I may have varicose and thread veins but I think my legs are amazing. Why because they are like a models, no, because they support me and carry wherever I want to go. Okay sometimes I struggle to dance like I used to and I can't run for miles but I can walk. And yes I dont flash my varicose veins in public. I wouldn't be seen dead in shorts. They are strictly reserved for the garden where no one can see me.

My body may not be that of a super model but it serves me well. It does everything I want it to do and more. Ok I'll never climb Mt Everest, I will never swim the channel and I will never become a trapeze artist but I am mobile, I can sit unsupported, I can feed myself, I can talk, sing. All things my husband could no longer do.

But ....... he taught me so much through those long dark years of his illness. He taught me how to face life, illness and death with courage and dignity. He taught me the value of patience, charm, humour and kindness to others. He gave me strength to face adversity head on. He taught me to take a leap of faith to get me through the bad times. He was a beacon of light in that nursing home, universally loved and respected by residents and staff alike. His medical team adored him.

Ladies, I have said this so many times. I am sorry if I sound like an old worn out record. Learn to love yourselves. Stop comparing yourselves to others, that way lies madness. Please be kinder To yourselves .

Accept who and what you are and be grateful for the life you have. Make the most of the gifts you have been given. Add them up and you might just be surprised at how blessed you are.

And yes cheat if you have to. If Mother Nature hasn't been overly generous and the good looks fairy passed you by then outsmart them. Wear nice clothes. wear make up, get your hair done. As Maman says if you can't afford professional treatments then learn to do them yourself. A home facial, manicure or pedicure can be just as good as a professional job and what is nicer then well maintained hands and feet, with some nice polish to show them off.

As I remind you, I was born with a birthmark......yes a real bummer. :rotfl: but I found ways round the issue, through camoflauge and directing the eye away from it. It became cancerous and had to be removed. I have the scar to prove it. I also had to have some threads inserted along my jawline to realign my face and make it symmetrical again after the surgery. I saved up until could afford the treatment.

That birthmark never held me back. I have had two husbands, a long term partner and my fair share of boyfriends. I can still scrub up well and turn a few heads.

There are few problems in life that cannot be solved. Bad teeth fix them.....next on my list. :rotfl: dry skin, slather on the moisturiser and drink more water. Overweight.....well we all know what to do.:rotfl: dress for your shape and colouring. Chuck out all those unflattering clothes and wear only what makes you feel like a Queen. Nuture that inner goddess.

Seriously we should not denigrate ourselves. We should be nurturing ourselves and taking a more balanced and holistic approach. Eat well, dress well and have fun. Life is not a dress rehearsal, all we have is here and now.

I don't want to harp on but please remember that aging is a priveldege denied to many. We never know when disaster might strike. My husband was 48 when struck down with a terminal illness, in the prime of his life. Thank your lucky stars for each day you are given.

And remember what Bette Davis said. "Aging ain't for Cissies". Take care of your bodies, give them the right fuel, the right exercise and the TLC they need to keep serving you for the rest of your lives.

Who cares if you are not a perfect sized 10. What counts, what truly counts, is a strong and healthy body, a firm sound mind and the ability to roll with the punches.

This is where fabbing comes in......its not just vanity. It can save or extend your life and protect you from the worst ravages of time and illness.
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Poor you oneday but it'll still be nice at 6 o'clock and it's Friday! If you haven't got other commitments, plan something you enjoy doing that'll make you feel good. I think visualising is really helpful for forming new habits. You need something to look forward to. You could plan to stop off and buy yourself something really healthy and easy to cook to make yourself start eating well again. What about a stir fry? Then you could have an easy, relaxing evening thinking forward to the weekend.

Do you need a hair appointment? What about soaking your own feet and doing a pedicure for yourself? That's the mse version but you could go to a beautician if money's OK. Anywhere nice you could go for a walk in the fresh air? I find writing a healthy meal plan and a shopping list helps me feel organised and in control. As for a beauty routine. I know there are days when nothing more than basic moisturising of my face and some handcream is going to happen. Other days I take time to cream myself all over including feet.

Come back and tell us how you get on.:)

Today will be a people watcher's paradise. There'll be all the blobs that have shed their hoodies and trackies and be displaying bare flesh!! And that's only the men!:rotfl:

I think we'll be going to sit in the pub garden for a little while so I can continue my people watching there, as amusing as it was over lunch (I did manage to have lunch outside of a cafe so that was nice!)

At home pedicure is definitely on the to-do list when I get home :j
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Good morning.....

Another lovely day in paradise. And my knee is completely pain free. I look a bit pink with the Steroid Flush but no matter. it just looks like a healthy glow.....:rotfl:

Taking full advantage of this weather, I washed a load of winter knitwear yesterday, have another ready load ready put to put on the line in a minute.

Going to view a bungalow later. No viewings booked here for the weekend, maybe the weather might be too nice ....but one booked for Tuesday. It's just a waiting game now. Hope that doesn't mean it was just a quick flurry and then nothing. Still no matter the house looks lovely, it's no hardship living here. :rotfl:

Not sure what the weekend holds in store. I didn't plan anything because I didn't know how busy I was going to be ...so a nice gentle weekend, just pottering about, enjoying the sun.

Have a great weekend everyone.
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I had a good time at my Poetry Group last night even though we were a group of only 7 people. :) I got some large cakes and giant cheese straws to take home as did anyone else who wanted cakes and breads. :) They are donated to the woman who facilitates the Poetry Group by a local artisan baker. :)

The Soul evening was a bit disappointing so I left early. There was no air conditioning in The Blues Kitchen where the Soul evening was being held, so even though the live band and singer were very good, the heat got on my nerves. I had a hand fan and used it so much, that my right arm began to ache, so I called it a night. :(

My son and I are going to the cinema today. :D I allowed him to choose the film, so we are going to see Rampage. It would not have been my 1st choice, but my son should enjoy it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Seen two women recently with grey hair - one with two shortish plaits and other with long thick pony tail. Inspiring.
    it!!!8217;s not often you see women of a certain age wearing doc martens but they were when Morris dancing last week!
    Some women are rockin it out there. We need to take courage...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure