OVO Energy...

Options

Comments

• F.iona
    Options
    I am still waiting a refund from Spark..disgusting that they can do this with no warning or request for deposit.
    I have had no reply from Ofgen.
    As soon as deposit is back in my account i will be leaving Spark
  • BaxAL
    Options
    As an update, I received no response just another chase letter. I have checked my credit rating and it has affected it. I have been advised that I can pursue a claim for defamation of character against Spark Energy as they are now or rather OVO. Also for them to accept monies from me if the bill was technically not from them as they claim is illegal, if they had credited my account with the monies then it would not be but as I paid via their app and it was clear payment on my account they have essentially stolen my money.
    I will not be setting up a direct debit, I will also not be paying the credit agency as this is an admittance that I owed the monies and I will not be able to restore my credit rating. I fully expect the administrator to provide me with written confirmation that I do not owe the monies and to chase OVO for the monies as the debt is with them. Let’s see how that goes.
  • diomp
    diomp Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    edited 18 February 2019 at 6:21PM
    Options
    Hi guys,
    same issue here. Only received a letter from Pastdue on 16/02/2019. OVO told me that the Dec2018 (Nov 2018 bill) payment has been kept as deposit, but it will not show up in my file....
    I wrote to OVO asking for explanations, in the meantime paid Pastdue and now, I expect the results from the credit rating agencies.
    If affected, we need to raise the issue collectively against OVO/Spark energy administrators.
  • Hello

I am really sorry I'm late to this post - it's titled as OVO Energy - but I can see that the issues you're having are related to the Spark Energy brand.

Could anyone that's having issues please drop me an email to the address in my profile?

I'd need to know your forum name, your real name, your supply address with postcode, and the best number to contact you on.

Kind regards

Jenny
    Customer Relations Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Spark Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • SamC23
    Options
    Hi All,

I have also received a debt collection letter from Pastdue Credit Solutions who have been appointed by Spark Energy to collect a debt for a payment I have already made on-time and in full. I have never missed a payment and my Spark Energy App shows a zero balance with no negative debt.

I have had nothing but major problems trying to deal with Spark Energy over the last few months, albeit for a different reasons, and NOTHING has ever been resolved. I have followed their official complaints procedure after several failed attempts at reasonable discussion, and unsurprisingly I have not had a reply to any formal complaint emails and I’ve been cut-off on the phone several times. I can quite honestly say that Spark Energy is the worst business I have ever dealt with in my entire life and I’m absolutely appalled at the lack of care from this shambolic company.

In a last attempt before escalating to OFGEM, I will contact the rep who has posted in this thread and let you all know the outcome and how they intend on resolving the debt collection issue.

Thanks,
    Sam.
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    SamC23 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have also received a debt collection letter from Pastdue Credit Solutions who have been appointed by Spark Energy to collect a debt for a payment I have already made on-time and in full. I have never missed a payment and my Spark Energy App shows a zero balance with no negative debt.

I have had nothing but major problems trying to deal with Spark Energy over the last few months, albeit for a different reasons, and NOTHING has ever been resolved. I have followed their official complaints procedure after several failed attempts at reasonable discussion, and unsurprisingly I have not had a reply to any formal complaint emails and I’ve been cut-off on the phone several times. I can quite honestly say that Spark Energy is the worst business I have ever dealt with in my entire life and I’m absolutely appalled at the lack of care from this shambolic company.

In a last attempt before escalating to OFGEM, I will contact the rep who has posted in this thread and let you all know the outcome and how they intend on resolving the debt collection issue.

Thanks,
    Sam.

Ofgem will not help you with any complaint against a supplier
    That would be the role of the energy ombudsman, but they will only do so after you have followed the suppliers complaint procedure and allowed them time to resolve the matter themselves.
  • SamC23
    Options
    Quick update:

Spark Energy has been taken over by OVO Energy. I was informed by Spark that my December payment was used as a security deposit, and not towards the bill that I thought I was paying. There was no communication via post, email or telephone and I was unaware of any security deposit requirement.

Pastdue Credit Solutions are aware of Sparks monumental !!!!-up and ask for confirmation of payment to Spark to be sent via email so that they can chase Spark for the outstanding monies owed. No payment to Pastdue is required.
  • Hi SamC23

Thanks for your post, and for the email you sent me.

That doesn't sound like the process I'd expect to be followed by PDC, and I'm in the process of looking into that with the help of the Collections team.

I'll pop you an email with more specific info when I have it.

Kind regards

Jenny
    Customer Relations Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Spark Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • cassius.daydreams
    Options
    Same has happened to me, contacted by past due credit solutions... good to understand why this is, from your experiences. I have emailed Spark, will ring them tomorrow along with PDCS. my balance with Spark is zero. I've recovered some bills at the end of last year which mention security deposit in not-too-obvious sense, but since I have explicitly spoken with Spark about this and was told there is no deposit required. Now this seems to be what's been done. What a shame, I'll be switching.
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 February 2019 at 6:44PM
    Options
    ...What a shame, I'll be switching.

Welcome to MSE :hello:

May I enquire as to why are you switching?
    Are you that desperate to pay another supplier more money than you pay Spark?
    Or is it simply that your tariff with Spark is now coming to an end, and as MSE advise in such circumstances, you have consulted a comparison site and now found a better deal elsewhere ... probably with a supplier even smaller than Spark were or Ovo are (especially after adding all Spark's customers)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure