Scuba's Saving the Ha'Pennies

Options

Comments

• scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Nope, but I pulled a muscle/strained my shoulder a few weeks ago at work carrying heavy trays, I only notice it when I'm swimming now, and as I'm concentrating on my technique am hyperaware of how every movement feels. The hurty stuff only happens when I'm pushing myself and it's not starting until I've been in the water for an increasing period of time so hopefully it's nearly back to normal. But I'm not trying to push through it, once I notice it I do a few cool down lengths then get out.

The EHD is in a box I just moved from a shelf unit and replaced on it, just haven't got round to digging it out yet.

True, but when you're eating two good "home" cooked meals at work everyday in addition to that pint of milk.....plus cake, plus biscuits etc. Its a huge upside to working in catering. :D
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    scubaangel wrote: »
    Nope, but I pulled a muscle/strained my shoulder a few weeks ago at work carrying heavy trays,

:naughty:

Be careful...
    I only notice it when I'm swimming now, and as I'm concentrating on my technique am hyperaware of how every movement feels. The hurty stuff only happens when I'm pushing myself and it's not starting until I've been in the water for an increasing period of time so hopefully it's nearly back to normal. But I'm not trying to push through it, once I notice it I do a few cool down lengths then get out.

That's good. If you push through injuries you do stand a good chance of making them worse. Mother Nature did not invent pain for a laugh...despite appearances...
    True, but when you're eating two good "home" cooked meals at work everyday in addition to that pint of milk.....plus cake, plus biscuits etc. Its a huge upside to working in catering. :D

A tremendous upside - unless of course you like cooking. I take it you don't?
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I am, it was an unusual day - had large meetings in several rooms so I spent all day carrying trays up and down.

Planning to swim tomorrow hopefully I'll get closer to the 1.5km, which gives me 4 weeks to work up to 2.5km ready for my sportrelief swim.

Cooking is something of a necessary evil - I find it can be time consuming and after working around food and washing up all day I have no interest in cooking for myself generally, which is why when I do I try to cook enough to do a few days meals (like the curry last week).

Well thats my incredibly long working week done with. Had a somewhat last minute visit from my Dad and sister so went out for dinner at the local pub, which was nice as its been years since I was in there. Service was disappointingly slow - was almost 5 minutes between us arriving and even getting acknowledged but as was always the case in the past the food was plentiful, fresh and tasty :D
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Haven't been for a swim, haven't even got dressed yet today. Slept through my alarm, and when I did eventually wake up decided to have a brew and went back to bed with a book.

Going to spend the evening working through the surveys in my inbox and hopefully get closer to cashing out on some of the sites.

Tomorrow I've a mystery shop to get done in town before work and an evening shift, then I have Weds off so I've got a merchandising job booked and then was thinking about heading to the coast for the afternoon for a change - might go to Southampton and pop in to Ikea to redeem my Ikea Family freebie and get a couple of small bits - another set of kitchen shelf inserts, and another Kallax drawer insert for the living room shelves (wish they did those in a colour other than red though).
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• ZTD
    Options
    Did you go for a swim today?
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Nope, because I've been at work for a little under 12 hours, got home just before midnight.

Tomorrow am planning to head down to the coast hopefully with my friend from work if shes feeling up to it, so I'm unlikely to swim then either, so will attempt to drag my lazy self to the pool after work on Thursday.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• ZTD
    Options
    Nope, because I've been at work for a little under 12 hours, got home just before midnight.

Wow - that's a long shift.
    Tomorrow am planning to head down to the coast hopefully with my friend from work if shes feeling up to it,

Did you get?
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Nope, she wasn't feeling up to it and I checked my email to find a request for someone to do a shortnotice merch job. So I decided to do that instead, and treated myself to the relative luxury of getting the train to do it to avoid the horrid traffic near the M3 junction.

While I was out I also did some shopping, my freezer now contains a pack of veggie sausages (cheese and something like spinach), two turkey escalopes and a tapas style pack of chicken skewers with red pepper sauce all for under £3, as well as the more boring basics of fresh milk and because I felt like it a pizza for tonight.

Other than fresh veggies and something strarchy when the wedges run out (one portion left I think), my shopping should be minimal for a couple of weeks again.

Swimming kit is packed and ready to go to work with me tomorrow so I can go straight to the pool from work.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Didnt swim last night so went tonight, currently have my swim kit hung over the radiator as my friend might want to go swim again later on (although if she does she'd need to let me know pretty soon).

Worked through a few more surveys, and am creeping towards payout on a couple of sites.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    No second swim last night, and a being the weekend there was no late swim tonight.
    Hopefully have a friend coming over with her husband tomorrow lunchtime to help me build the bed at last!

But I have booked myself a couple of nights in a hotel in Bournemouth I come home Tuesday. Looks like the weather should be good on Monday so am thinking about walking the coastal path towards Christchurch harbour, I suspect the Mudeford Ferry won't be running at this time of year but if it is I'll cross over and eat at the beach Cafe there as I know its good from visiting last year with Dad's friends. Tuesday I might walk the other way towards Poole before I head home unless the weathers really horrid. Either way I'll go to Southampton Ikea on the way home for the Family card freebie and the bits I'd like to pick up.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills