Scuba's Saving the Ha'Pennies

Options

Comments

• scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    So Ikea survived.

I achieved the above list of requirements (minus the Owl). Small drawer set to fit in a kallax unit bought from the bargain corner as they've discontinued the single drawer model, also the shoe rack, lovely bright blue colour found in the bargain corner for £15 down from £30, my friend and I had been debating if I should have got it when we were up on the shop floor. Rug, assorted kitchen stuff and a couple of unplanned items also made their way home with me - one being a large white duck shaped storage thing, which is going to be a gift for my pregnant friend as she collects rubber ducks (same friend who came shoppping with me) but her husband has attempted to put his foot down over her duck collection expanding.....

I'm planning to fill the duck with lovely things for her, when we hold her baby shower in a few weeks, wine, chocolate, and as we've agreed to buy books for the baby the adult version of childrens books my mum keeps telling me about (We're going on a Bar Hunt, parody of Going on a Bear Hunt etc).

Now curled up on the sofa finding that the wine I struggled with last night seems much more drinkable.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    scubaangel wrote: »
    So Ikea survived.

I always try to go early in the week during the evening. It's usually quite dead on a Monday evening.
    I achieved the above list of requirements (minus the Owl).

Ooo...small child disappointment achieved... :rotfl:
    Rug, assorted kitchen stuff

Fondue set?
    and a couple of unplanned items also made their way home with me - one being a large white duck shaped storage thing, which is going to be a gift for my pregnant friend as she collects rubber ducks (same friend who came shoppping with me) but her husband has attempted to put his foot down over her duck collection expanding.....

I'd bet if her lingerie collection was expanding, he'd be onboard with that...
    Now curled up on the sofa finding that the wine I struggled with last night seems much more drinkable.

Hope it was good.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    The owl was for a grown up not a child.

No I definitely don't have space for a fondue set, instead I bought two ice cube trays, a couple of shelf inserts, a drainer (has a tray at the bottom so it can sit on the window ledge and make the surface space in the kitchen feel bigger), and a plastic bag holder as frankly since moving I'm rather fed up of the rate at which they seem to have been breeding - that once full will be relocated from the kitchen in to the utility room down stairs so its out of the way but I'll still get them used eventually!

While in Ikea my friend I realised just how ridiculously excited we are at the prospect of the new one opening near us in summer.....a 30 min train ride and 10 min walk and we can go browse to our hearts content (and delivery costs will be much more reasonable since they work it on milage for when we do fail to merely browse). I'm expecting to want to go get at least one more Kallax unit once I get the bed built so I can move the boxes with clothes out of the living room units, but for now that's not a priority.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    The app jobs I did on Friday have been approved so have requested the payment to my paypal account.

Also redownloaded apptrailers app and cashed out that hit my paypal this morning too, only 50c but it's nice to have that app running again.

Built the kitchen shelf units this afternoon nd have rearranged my plate and bowls out of the cupboard on to it. For now it seems like it works but I'll see if I'm still happy wth it in a few days.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I didn't get home from work and almost immediately fall asleep.....

On the upside since I did wake up I've managed to cash out £10 from Opinion World, which has been withdrawn to from paypal already.

I have also picked up what should be the right size of bolts to get the bed put back together. Just need to find someone to come and help me!
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Long evening at work yesterday, lovely group though.

Decided to not go in to work today - had planned a cleaning day but given next week I'll not be having a day off decided that a day off was a better idea.

Finally been for a run on one of my old routes, it was alot longer than I remembered! There is a diversion which adds maybe half a mile, and my flat is further in to the estate than the old house was which adds a little bit too but not as much as it was longer than I thought! But I've done it which is the important part.

Need to pop out later and take meter readings for the gas and electic switch.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Dragged myself out of my nest this afternoon and went for a swim - shoulder is still not right, thinking I'll need to go see the Dr if it doesnt start to ease up soon. :(

Also popped in to Mr T for some fresh veggies for this week. Going to use up the frozen chicken parcels and wedges tonight, and defrost the chicken breasts over night and make a Thai Red curry in the slow cooker tomorrow with the reduced selection of veggies I picked up. Can then freeze whats left (if I can find the freezer bags) for when I'm not on a week or late shifts.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Chicken despite being removed from the freezer at around 5pm last night still isn't fully defrosted, so I've put the pack in to a water bath in hope of speeding it up a little. So the curry is likely now to be cooked in the wok not the slow cooker. I have found the freezer bags though which is a good start, and have washed out an icecreamtub so I can put the bags of curry in there to keep them from spilling before they're frozen.

Just having a brew and some breakfast biscuits (didn't feel like a proper lunch) and will be going for a run shortly - not sure if I should run the same route as the other day or go the other way along the canal and back down the road - which should be about a 2 mile run, or extend that route across to the footpath I was on the other day making it a 3 or 4 mile run.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I did a slightly modified run - 5km but neither of the routes I'd considered.

Tonight I went for a swim after work, did 1km in a little over 25 mins, which is slow but I'm happy with it given my shoulder/arm pain didn't show up until the last 100m (which is why I called it after 1km rather than doing the 1.6km I planned in the hour session).
    While reorganising some boxes I have found the charget for my Speedo mp3, so have that charging up at the moment and will update the music on that as soon as I find the external HD with my music stored on it.

So far this week my food bill has been the 60p I paid for a pint of milk if only every week could be like this I'd soon be out of debt.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Tonight I went for a swim after work, did 1km in a little over 25 mins, which is slow but I'm happy with it given my shoulder/arm pain didn't show up until the last 100m (which is why I called it after 1km rather than doing the 1.6km I planned in the hour session).

Shoulder/arm pain? Is that normal for you?
    While reorganising some boxes I have found the charget for my Speedo mp3, so have that charging up at the moment and will update the music on that as soon as I find the external HD with my music stored on it.

If it's not one lost thing it's another... :rotfl:
    So far this week my food bill has been the 60p I paid for a pint of milk if only every week could be like this I'd soon be out of debt.

If you lived every week on just a pint of milk, you'd also be very slim. Very, very slim...

mrboney1.gif
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport