<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Starting with sore throat, aches and general snottyness for me, thanks DS1, just what I need. Hope I recover faster than he has.

Shopping done, snow forecast and DS1 had a week in bed with it so no choice really in case I cant go on Monday. Not panic buying but would be out of butter, milk and WM liquid otherwise. Plenty of cat food :cool:

RTC beef cubes in MrL so a big batch of massaman beef curry is bubbling away on the hob. Essentially beef, coconut milk and (10p in MrM last year) massaman paste with a few other bits chucked in (cashews, red chilli, onion, potatoes for the last hour) and in a casserole on the hob for three hours on low.
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better soon redo. :(

The beef curry sounds good, I'm going to keep that in mind as have massaman paste lurking in the cupboard somewhere. :)

Of course you have plenty of cat food as a responsible cat [STRIKE]slave[/STRIKE] owner. :D
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    seem to have missed a few birthdays Redo - Happy Belated birthday!
    Hope you feel better soon.
    NOA
    x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I hope you feel better soon Redo.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better soon.

I love Thai. What massaman paste do you recommend?
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am starting to see that if you have a cat you are guaranteed a laugh every day :)

Hoping you went back to bed with a cup of tea?

Are we beginning to convert you DIA? They at least don't require walking.

Fat cat here spent about 40 minutes wowling at me while I worked, then discovered when I went downstairs that there was kibble in his bowl all along. Presumably just too lazy to actually go downstairs by himself.

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Are we beginning to convert you DIA? They at least don't require walking.

Fat cat here spent about 40 minutes wowling at me while I worked, then discovered when I went downstairs that there was kibble in his bowl all along. Presumably just too lazy to actually go downstairs by himself.

Rosa xx
    I think you might be right there Rosa ;)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Curry sounds nice enough to copy Redo. Did you go back to bed yesterday? You need to rest (hard for you I know) Take care.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Starmummy
    Starmummy Posts: 537 Forumite
    Options
    Oh dear I hope you recover quickly. These pesky kids spreading their germs. Starchild passed on her horrid cold to Mr Star just before his trip last week. he wasn't impressed. I've so far avoided it. I think us mum's are more immune to child germs though.

oh look you've reached 1000 posts woo hoo.

I hope you have a great weekend.There's always a guaranteed smile catching up with your diary :)
    debt consolidated 16/8/18 £9,788.01/£12,618.12 :( (Total debt at LBM 1st Jan '18 c..£19.5k)
    EF/FIT savings £97.24 Other Savings £12.17 House Deposit £4,762.64/£20,000 23.8% :D
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,167 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Its probably scurvy :p I got oranges, pineapple and some bananas to ignore today.

The curry was adapted from this one. I wouldn't add the cashew nuts again, they didn't really add anything but nice waxy potatoes added in the last hour were very nice. As always I just worked with what we have. The extra red chilli (from the freezer stash) really perked it up and i can actually breathe through my nose now.

boxofpaws - I struck lucky in MrM last year when they had a mountain of Barts spice paste jars to clear at 10p a go - I have several each of red thai, green thai, jerk and massaman. BBE next year too so was a real result. Hadn't even heard of massaman before that....

So DS2 cooked today. The infamous mostly veggie Boy Who Doesn't Eat. This is his third attempt at cooking at school this year. Week 1 saw him presenting raw chick peas (not hummus) and what would be best described as cat poo sized and shaped rock hard breadsticks that could be used as fatal weapons against marauding tom cats. Week 2 was the two hour chopping session to precision cut pepper and tomato salsa as his mexican 'meal' with the rest of his ingredients untouched. Week 3 was mince, so we did mock mince with lentils. He used half a tiny onion, 1 of the 2 carrots, and failed to add the chopped toms so what we have is lentils stewed in veg stock with some herbs. :rotfl: He is a lovely boy, and very kind to cats but oh dear me he cannot cook or follow instructions. I had to stand with my head in the fridge crying laughing where he couldn't see. On the positive side we have discovered that he likes raw chick peas, and (amazingly) finely chopped red onion.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback