Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,541 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad that you had a lovely time in the lakes :)
    Hope 10 quid til Monday is doable xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Cashed £3.90 out from Topcashback, and spent that along with the £10 I had on food yesterday. NSD today (:T) so we’ve made it to Monday :D. I’ve made a very small eBay sale today (about £1 profit when all is said and done), but I’ve listed more today and have some bids already which is slightly more promising. Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    Options
    Well done on making it to Monday :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    We have been uniform shopping for DS2 today. We only have about 2/3rds of what he needs and it was £75 :eek:. Thankfully MiL paid :A.

Afterwards we used some Gr0upon vouchers I’d bought a while ago for a local ice cream parlour :D.

Social Care team are coming out on Thursday to reassess DH and see if I still qualify for the Carer’s Payment. Fingers crossed Xx
  • beanielou
    Options
    Fingers crossed on the carer's payment :) xx

• BalanceBy50
    Options
    Hope the assessment went favourably!

I have been school shoe shopping today:eek: it's so bloody expensive and I went to the Clark's outlet!! X
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,873 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope everything went well with the Assessment Lucky. It's like Russian Roulette these days - seems to be totally dependant on the 'mood' of the assessor!
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    The assessor was lovely when she came out on Thursday, but we have to wait to hear if I qualify for Carer’s payment as it’s now on a ‘point scoring’ basis. DH’s social care package will continue for sure though :T.

Did the dreaded school shoe shopping on Friday :eek:. It’s extortionate what they charge. Frazzled afterwards, we went for a burger but it ended up being a disaster so I have a complaint ongoing. Fingers crossed for a refund or vouchers :cool:.

Yesterday was my Auntie’s retirement surprise family lunch, followed by our trip to Kynren that I won. A most enjoyable day, not least because it didn’t pour down this time, but I’m haemorrhaging money at the moment :eek:. Today has been a house day to make up for it! I’ve also been passed some tickets for a County show tomorrow that someone won but can’t use, so another freebie there.

Which brings me to my next bit of news. I entered a competition for a family hotel stay in Windsor and trip to Legoland. You had to explain why your family deserved to win. The draw was random and someone else won, but the manager of the hotel emailed me to say that the staff had read all 2000 entries and had all been in tears at mine :o. They were unable to offer Legoland tickets as they’d been provided directly by Legoland, but they wanted to offer me a family stay at their hotel :A. We are going next week :j Xx
  • beanielou
    Options
    Great news from the hotel :T xx

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    We are back from a lovely few days in Windsor/London. The hotel stay we won was fabulous, the hotel and staff were lovely. I then booked a stay at a Premier Inn so we could spend a little more time down there after a 5 hour drive. It was adequate but a bit of a let down after the other hotel :D. We did as many free/cheap things as possible, but still spent too much and I’m having to borrow money from MiL to pay the bills next week :o. I’m a bit panicked about how we will manage as it’s a birthday month and before we know it it’ll be Christmas :eek:.

I’ve come home to a message from the Social Care team saying ai qualify for the Carer’s break package :T. I’m getting the full amount of £584, so very nearly the amount I usually get. Very thankful for that.

I’ve decided to start a Facebook blog. If anyone fancies joining me on there it’s https://www.facebook.com/Makingmemoriesfor3outof4ofus/
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport