IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Meadowhall shopping centre POPLA Appeal CPPlus

Options

Comments

• RobinofLoxley
    Options
    Hi yes the girls have replied, they got a gateway code and did it on line through xxxxxxx ? If that means anything. I told them what ever they did not to say how the driver was.

No idea what that is, if it's the GG code or MCOL password I would delete it from your post.

Hopefully they read post #2 in the Newbies thread which covers court claims.
    They should have made the Acknowledgment of Service within claim issue date +5 days + 14 days, which in the case of the one you posted would be 29th July. That would then give them another 14 days to file their defence, so that would need to be done by this Friday 11th August.

I think if they can they should start their own thread on here to get help in defending their specific claim. Give it a title like 'Received large court claim from CP Plus for multiple PCN's" or something similar to get everyone's attention.
    There are several regulars who have a lot of expertise in defending court claims and should be able to help the girls through the process.
  • Pinklady0805
    Options
    Im working on them, they all still have there head in sand at the minute. im sure they think that this is still just going to go away! ��
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Well if they pay up, it wil go away
    If they miss deadlines and a default judgement is asked for, then if they ignore that the next 6 years of credit file will be utterly ruined.
  • RobinofLoxley
    RobinofLoxley Posts: 296 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 August 2017 at 1:35PM
    Options
    They need to get their head out of the sand sharpish.

As nosferatu1001 says above, the only way it will go away is if they pay or the claim is successfully defended in court. I'm sure they don't want to pay all that money to those shysters and that is not recommended.

I would expect this could be successfully defended in court with help from this forum.

They need to file an outline defence with the court ASAP, hopefully they have already acknowledged the claim. Otherwise the parking company can ask to be awarded the claim by default as it hasn't been defended, then they will have to pay. This will no doubt embolden CP Plus into pursuing claims for the rest of the 'tickets'.

There is every chance that CP Plus/SCS law might pull out and discontinue before the day the case is heard. Even if they don't and the claim is upheld the defendant probably won't have to pay the full amount they are claiming, because they shouldn't be able to get away with bunging another £40 on top of the £80 for each PCN.
  • Pinklady0805
    Options
    I've started a group within my Facebook to try and get as many staff members as possible that have received tickets, court papers Etc from ccplus to join it. Hopefully I can get to talk to as many staff as I can all at once, then I can tell them to join this forum and get personal help
  • Ryandavis1959
    Options
    Maybe directing them here isn't the best advice? As previously mentioned by another poster, with so many PCN' at stake professional legal representation may be more appropriate.
    If you were not the driver write to the parking firm and tell them who was so they CANNOT hold you liable. The person who was driving the car is responsible so let them deal with it. Not you! Don’t let people with an agenda tell you otherwise.
  • RobinofLoxley
    Options
    Maybe directing them here isn't the best advice? As previously mentioned by another poster, with so many PCN' at stake professional legal representation may be more appropriate.

I and another poster did suggest that but thinking about it some more I don't know if that would be necessary, it depends how confident the person would be about being in court and putting up a good defence.

Although there are no guarantees (even with representation by a professional advocate) of success. I would imagine this would be fairly straightforward to defend. With CP Plus not adhering to multiple stipulations laid out in the BPA's Code of Practice and their non compliance with POFA on so many levels they cannot possibly transfer the liability for the parking charge to the keeper.

The claim mentioned by the OP that CP Plus has issued to a colleague of hers is for 10 x parking charges in one bundle totalling £1350. I would imagine to employ legal professionals would cost several hundred pounds.

On the other hand if the first court case can be won CP plus would surely think again about trying more claims for the hundreds of other parking charges that have been issued.
  • RobinofLoxley
    Options
    I've started a group within my Facebook to try and get as many staff members as possible that have received tickets, court papers Etc from ccplus to join it. Hopefully I can get to talk to as many staff as I can all at once, then I can tell them to join this forum and get personal help

You said earlier the shopping centre are not willing to cancel the PCN's.

Did you go to the manager of the centre? If not I would suggest a meeting with him/her.
    If they are still unwilling to cancel these ridiculous charges and tell CP Plus to withdraw their court claims then go to someone higher up the chain that can.

Broadgate Estates are the managing agents for the centre and I think they are an arm of British Land who are the owners. You would need to find out who exactly invited CP Plus in to manage the car parking.

Because of the huge scale of this 'scam' the media would be interested. I'm sure The Sheffield Star would run a story which would then be picked up by the national press. The Daily Mail are always keen on stories about private parking companies.

I also think the member of parliament for the area in which Meadowhall is situated should be contacted and asked to help.

She is Gill Furniss M.P.
  • Pinklady0805
    Options
    The managers of each store had a meeting with Meadowhall and agreed on the staff car park. We never had a say.

If you go down to the management suit to talk to the women in charge about anything to do with staff parking you can't get passed her sercurity. She refuses point blank to speak to anyone other than store managers, and they are now not having anything to do with it
    So I doubt we'd get chance of a meeting.

I think we are worried about our jobs now too!
    A girl today was taken into the office about her 20 tickets and "told off"!
    Demanded she park over in the staff car park.
    Meadowhall sercurity are blantantly taking list of names into store managers and getting them to identify us! I didn't think this was allowed under data protection?.

The major lives near me should I speak with her?.
    I wouldn't dare go to the papers! They would want pictures :-/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport