Options

Comments

• SueP19
    SueP19 Posts: 1,876 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Show off :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

PS nice for DD and as it should be
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It's only on here that I can brag, and be understood! All legs now pinned to their bodies.

Am looking at local events re booking a table. Maybe...

Tomorrow I shall photo every single bunny - on its own and with similar - and all the other things I have made...

I shall also take a bag to the Sally Army and traipse around some ch shops with dd. Purely for her entertainment, of course...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Shame your mum is poorly :( Well done on all the limb-stuffing though!:T

xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Thank you greent. After yonks of not having the flu jab, mum went and had one last October. And has been under the weather ever since. Grrr. Now, dd and I are entitled to it too, but we both had the real macoy (sp?) 5 years ago, and lived to tell the tale. It is only the 2nd time in my life I've had flu, so I keep rejecting the kind offer from the surgery...

Have just done a little research on a localish monthly craft fair. Need to get prices. Thought that if I mention it here, thrn I may get help accountable for taking action...!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Hmmm. Have the opportunity to have a 'stall' at a pamper evening in aid of MIND. For £30 of goodies for the raffle, or 100 (:eek:) small items for the goodie bags. Need to consider it...

In other news, we did traipse around the ch shops. I gave dd £5 to spend and she bought a barbie-style doll and another china doll. Both well-considered purchases. I also got her 2 Jac Wilson books and 3 Dork diaries. Dh got a book and CD. The rest... no need to say who/what it's for... a duvet with greens and blues; 5 pillow cases for bunnies, tracky trousers for dd for next winter and jeans for her too, 4 knitting magazines, a puffa-style coat/jacket for me (been on the lookout for a few weeks), a boys shirt covered in regular union flags (surely of crafty use?? and brand spanking new!), work trousers ofr me, windproof/waterproof coat for dd, mug for grandma. A veritable haul all for about 13.50, as I was able to use up some of my Sally Army credit at last.

I have just finished taking photos of my stuff - and of course have found ways to improve some of it.... And also found where I do not have much of certain items and therefore will need to make more at some point... I'm going to try to add hats to several of the hatless bunnies - but this depends on having some of the right fabric left to do so.

Maybe I should finish off the 14 bunnies first, before making more piles of sewing... Dh has ensconsed himself upstairs - he is surrounded by his computer bits, so is blissfully happy up there! Dd is surrounded by her Jac Wilson stuff, as she draws a competition entry, and is equally happy.
  • SueP19
    SueP19 Posts: 1,876 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thing with shows is you either love them or hate them.............if you love them do it :D

PS my table at end of month is £170
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Never done a show before,but do know the organiser...

6 bunnies fully finished. The other 8 'just' need their 16 arms sewing up and attaching.

Am having a read-up-on-etsy-so-I-know-what-to-do overload...
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    When I did craft fairs/ charity fairs I used to donate raffle prizes made from things which I had as samples or no longer wished to make/ sell - it used up things which I didn't want - and no-one could really query the value if it was a one-off! Plus a roll of florist's cellophane wrap, a basket and ribbon bows can make lots of things look even better :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    greent wrote: »
    When I did craft fairs/ charity fairs I used to donate raffle prizes made from things which I had as samples or no longer wished to make/ sell - it used up things which I didn't want - and no-one could really query the value if it was a one-off! Plus a roll of florist's cellophane wrap, a basket and ribbon bows can make lots of things look even better :)
    x

Think I'll do this!

Scuttles off to source cellophane wrap....
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    SueP19 wrote: »
    Thing with shows is you either love them or hate them.............if you love them do it :D

PS my table at end of month is £170

Ouchie to that price! Is it in a stately home,with a banquet thrown in? Allmy stuff sits under the tenner price, so this kind of event is waaay beyond me! Good luck.

I have spent today both to-ing and fro-ing about the table, and spending pounds. 71 in m+s got dd some school shoes, new trainers for cheer and general wear, a top+leggings combo with 'freestyle' written across them both, and 2 bras for me.

10 bigger bunnies now have hats on them; dd has chosen a 'family of 4' for me to use as the raffle donation; 7 lavender bags are pinned up and awaiting purple thread (Monopoly has gotten in the way today :D); and dh + dd may come along to help me set up and then stay for a while :D. I need to have the form in by tomorrow...

I have completed a zwow and #2 of her beginner routines (did #1 last night). She recommends using 3lb dumbells, but the lightest I have are 3 kg, so it's rather tough!

Dh has had his (postponed) interview for the job he really wants, but reckons it'll be at least a week before he hears anything, as they offered him today or next tues.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback