100,000s of TalkTalk TV customers face £48/yr price rise - MSE News

Options
13»

Comments

• zvictor1
    Options
    I got the letter in January.
    Went on line to try to opt out and the agent droid tried to sell me the 'benefits'. I declined and the agent acknowledged: (it's good you can get a transcript..)

Me: I don't understand what you claim to be providing. I have *not* got a Talk Talk TV box at all. I have an external FreeView aerial. TT shouold not be chargig me anything foor TV at all.
    Kearanne:
    I understand, and apologise for my error, you do not qualify for the charge, therefore you will not be charged.

However , I then got a Here's Your New Bill message which includes the £4.
    I raised an issue by sending a mail to concerns@talktalkplc.com asking them to remove it.
    They had the gall to mail me back asking me to call them:
    Due to the nature of your query, we would really like the opportunity to speak to you so we can assist you in getting this resolved.

Please contact our Customer Services and Billing department on 0345 172 0088 they will assist you further.

Assist me further, my aunt fanny...
    I've replied saying it's not convenient for me to phone them, and that if they take the £4 by Direct Debit I'll be claiming compensation.
  • zolablue25
    zolablue25 Posts: 1,652 Forumite
    Options
    My mum has one of these boxes and it hasn't worked for at least 6 months. She now has a NowTV box hooked up. She neevr bothered getting rid of the box as it wasn't costing her anything but I guess she needs to get rid of it now.

I don't know whether she received the letter or not but I assume she must have.
  • BenDToy
    BenDToy Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I emailed them to cancel my subscription, and they confirmed this was done. Almost immediately my YouView box stopped recording or even playing recordings. I still get pause and rewind but no recording or playback. I assume this was TT but they gave no indication that this would happen. I am now so peed off that I am going to buy a recorder rather than give them the satisfaction.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure