PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• Lucy5781
    Lucy5781 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    DD arrived by unplanned section on 17th, her due date. 7lb 2oz and doing well. Should be going home later today as my recovery is much better than last time.

I was worried about how many 'up to 1 month' or 9lb baby grows I'd acquired but she was about 10z less than they'd estimated!

Just in case anyone was wondering how we were doing lol

Lxx
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Congratulations to you all, Lucy. :j _party_ :dance: :T
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Huge congratulations, you must be delirious with joy!!
    Lucy5781 wrote: »
    We were, but not that you'd be back online so soon to tell us! Go home and enjoy your new baby, there will be plenty of chazzer-bargains to be had when you've fully recovered. Dressing little girls is so much fun :T xx
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,907 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    DD arrived by unplanned section on 17th, her due date. 7lb 2oz and doing well. Should be going home later today as my recovery is much better than last time.

I was worried about how many 'up to 1 month' or 9lb baby grows I'd acquired but she was about 10z less than they'd estimated!

Lxx

Congratulations! How lovely to hear some good news!!!! _party_:smileyhea
  • Lucy5781
    Lucy5781 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Huge congratulations, you must be delirious with joy!!We were, but not that you'd be back online so soon to tell us! Go home and enjoy your new baby, there will be plenty of chazzer-bargains to be had when you've fully recovered. Dressing little girls is so much fun :T xx

Mobile phone and hospital wifi. Keeps you sane lol
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Rousing congratulations, and delighted to hear Mamselle has arrived. May a benevolent deity leave How To Sleep Through as a gift soon!

That said, a whiteboard by the door indicating at what hour of the day you propose to be fit to receive visitors (other than health care professionals in the course of their duties), may allow you to sleep a bit more when Mamselle does.
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Never mind the bargains.
    Never mind the fact that you managed to smell nice with clean, shiny hair.
    How is the cat?
    Hope he/she is OK. :)

He has had a heart condition for a couple of years, and is already on borrowed time. He's still okay(ish), still enjoying his food which is a good sign. The vet thinks he may have had a small heart attack, they kept him in for a few hours until he stabilised and then let OH bring him home. He's booked in for a full assessment on Tuesday, after which we should know a bit more. He isn't going to be with us for a long time though, the quick examination they gave him showed his heart has deteriorated since the last scan so it's just wait and see. Many thanks for asking. I take it from your username that you're a cat fan too!
    Mobile phone and hospital wifi. Keeps you sane lol

Congratulations! Wonderful news. Glad all went well. Welcome to the world little one :T .
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Bogof_Babe wrote: »
    He has had a heart condition for a couple of years, and is already on borrowed time. He's still okay(ish), still enjoying his food which is a good sign. The vet thinks he may have had a small heart attack, they kept him in for a few hours until he stabilised and then let OH bring him home. He's booked in for a full assessment on Tuesday, after which we should know a bit more. He isn't going to be with us for a long time though, the quick examination they gave him showed his heart has deteriorated since the last scan so it's just wait and see. Many thanks for asking. I take it from your username that you're a cat fan too!
    Aw bless him. Hope the news is a good as it can be.

Yes, I am a cat fan - but sadly cat-less for the last 6 years.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    An interesting few finds this evening, including 2 different types of cherry pitters for 25p each.

43549.jpg

media.nl?id=41024232&c=3572911&h=a6cf574682de86052b4b&resizeid=10&resizeh=1200&resizew=1200

Plus a pair of jeans, good quality patterned trousers and a summer dress for my little niece, and a hand bell to bring her to order when I need to. Oh yes, and the obligatory book for me for 30p :D
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Congratulations to you and DH Lucy - lovely news xxxx
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure