Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy

Options

Comments

• JackyE799
    Options
    I've just switched from NPower after years of problems (my own fault for not switching earlier I know). Putting my DD up by over 10 pounds per month was the last straw. I should save about 30 quid a month hopefully. I'll keep a tighter check on this supplier.
    Jacky
  • billp42
    billp42 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I've now received a fifth email saying that they were unable to collect my monthly direct debit. I left them on the 22nd December last year and they still try to collect money. I've asked three times for a final bill and when they send one it fails to include the last direct debit that they took on the 2nd January. Not a worry at the time as I expected to be in debit. However, each time I point this out nothing happens until I get another email the next month saying that they have failed to collect my direct debit.
    Today I have given up and have complained to the Energy Ombudsman in the hope that they can make this company deal with providing a final bill and closing my account. Definitely NOT recommended as a supplier.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    niktheguru wrote: »
    I've been with eversmart for 10 months. Not had any problems with them. They've been generally very helpful. They send me "invoices/bills" every month on my online account. I've never received anything in the post and never had a request for a meter reading, but try and give them one every month when I remember online.

I didn't bother with a smart meter. I have a british gas smart meter and fellt it pointless to get it changed until they start installing SMETS2 meters, which is still some way away.

I've been happy. Will wait to see if I can get any better deals at the end of the year though.

I have been with them for two months and do not have a smart meter but never have received an invoice. Somewhat surprised you say you get one every month. I do give them regular meter reads.
  • PHoppers
    PHoppers Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello, my experiences so far.....

Been with Eversmart since December 2017 and my current prices run until November2018. I chose not to have a smart meter installed.

Had some minor changeover issues, but that was sorted without much irritation.

Having joined, I started looking at how I could access my account and view info (bills, meter readings etc). It quite quickly became obvious that for a monthly DD customer there was basically no online website or app facility to access any account info (and still isn't afaik). I've had no communication from them in 6 months.
    I was expecting at the very latest a request for meter readings at 3 months (quarterly), but nothing, so I eventually emailed them with meter readings and supporting photos, didn't receive any acknowledgement. I've also received no invoices as yet.
    I've read somewhere on here a claim that your price is null and void if you don't send in monthly meter reads, but I can't find any mention of this in my contract or their in T&Cs.

Basically, I've now set up my own spreadsheet to monitor my DD payments and meter reads/usage cost.

Not looking forward to November if I'm honest, can't see any switch being a smooth process going by this thread. I'll probably stick with them if the price is right and they've set up some sort of account facility, invoicing and meter read process, but it's been 6 months now and nothing has changed.
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    PHoppers wrote: »
    Hello, my experiences so far.....

Been with Eversmart since December 2017 and my current prices run until November2018. I chose not to have a smart meter installed.

Had some minor changeover issues, but that was sorted without much irritation.

Having joined, I started looking at how I could access my account and view info (bills, meter readings etc). It quite quickly became obvious that for a monthly DD customer there was basically no online website or app facility to access any account info (and still isn't afaik). I've had no communication from them in 6 months.
    I was expecting at the very latest a request for meter readings at 3 months (quarterly), but nothing, so I eventually emailed them with meter readings and supporting photos, didn't receive any acknowledgement. I've also received no invoices as yet.
    I've read somewhere on here a claim that your price is null and void if you don't send in monthly meter reads, but I can't find any mention of this in my contract or their in T&Cs.

Basically, I've now set up my own spreadsheet to monitor my DD payments and meter reads/usage cost.

Not looking forward to November if I'm honest, can't see any switch being a smooth process going by this thread. I'll probably stick with them if the price is right and they've set up some sort of account facility, invoicing and meter read process, but it's been 6 months now and nothing has changed.

Similar to my experience and definitely nothing in t and c or contract requiring regular meter reads to be submitted (they’ve only ever requested one reading). My contract is up in a month or two and actually looks like Eversmart are still the cheapest for me based on their latest tariff.
  • bobskip
    Options
    In my several months with Eversmart I never once received an up to date bill. I decided to leave and happily received a rebate after badgering them. I now receive a monthly email from them asking me to call them to explain why they have been unable to collect my monthly direct debit of £0.00! Enough said. Avoid this ramshackle company.
  • Nuck_the_king
    Options
    Joined them a year ago, based on their tariffs being considerably cheaper than any competitors.

Had a bit of a nightmare trying to transfer my gas supply over to them; between Eversmart, my old supplier, OFGAS and almost every other stakeholder involved in the pipes, it's impossible to know where the hold up was: but this was eventually sorted.

I do sometimes forget to provide a monthly meter reading; they've been saying that "our smart meter installers are coming to your area soon" for a year, but still no sign.

Online and the app is a bit of a joke; it's touch and go whether either will acknowledge that you've submitted a reading: although, to be fair, the online "invoice" does update fairly quickly, so it does seem that they get through.

Customer service is a bit patchy, and I'm often on hold for a good 20 minutes before I speak to someone.

I am somewhat less than confident that my balance will be correct when my current contract comes to an end. My advice is definitely to keep a record of the readings you submit; if you can use a spreadsheet to combine this with unit / standing charge costs, even better.

Overall, I do think that I have saved money over the year, and despite the problems, I will probably stay with them next as they are still considerably cheaper. But if you are someone who just doesn't want hassle (and is prepared to pay a few quid more a month to avoid it), then I wouldn't recommend this company.
  • Brent
    Brent Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Leaving EDF after a year due to their outlandish price increase. Signed up online with Eversmart yesterday evening 7th August.

Welcome pack and pdf documents with account number arrived a few minutes later. Then I saw they intend to fit a smart meter which I absolutely do not want. Phoned them today, 13th in queue and waited thirty minutes to speak to rep. Apologised for delay, busier than usual (probably due to main providers price increases). He was knowledgeable and helpful. Smart meter is not compulsory. Slight discrepancy on meter serial number not a problem-they obtain details from national data base. He will expedite my account setup (usually takes a few days) so I can log in to the account and provide meter readings when it goes operational, 28th August.

Price looks ok. So long as the gas and electric flow down the existing pipes and cables the only problems maybe admin which I can deal with.
  • I tried to switch today, only to get an error message and then google telling that this website is not secure "this page is trying to load script from unauthenticated source'. So I have not tried again, also found out you need a smart meter installed. Well after all the bad news about smart meters I am not rushing to get one or sign up with Eversmart Energy. Not sure why which is recommending them. I will email them to let them know that I am not very happy with their recommendation.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    you don't need a smart meter installed at all
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts