IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN from CPM

Options
Hi

I know you guys have helped me out once before and I'm hoping you'll kindly help me out again.

On the 18th of February I got another parking ticket, this time for loading/unloading my car, in the same place as I got my previous PCN.

Anyway I wrote a letter asking for the PCN to be cancelled, I did not hear back from them for sometime.

So I sent the envelope recorded delivery but for some reason hadn't included the letter within it and did not realise this until much later, I know this was a stupid thing to do, letter was dated 2nd March.

Is their any point in taking this any further or should I just pay the fine as I've just received the formal demand.

Thanks in advance

Akumo

Comments

• Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    with out seeing your other case ....

do what you did before ...

good luck

Ralph:cool:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 20 April 2016 at 8:43PM
    Options
    Why would you pay CPM?!

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203717111-UK-Car-Park-Management-Ltd

Please read the NEWBIES thread, specifically about IPC members; you've not missed anything because IAS members don't offer POPLA and their IAS is deemed by consumers to be a kangaroo court. Ignore them unless they sue, then come here and we'd assist. Very rare, so no need to hold your breath but keep all letters for up to six years (and if you move house, tell them by letter, calling yourself the registered keeper and citing the PCN number and NOT talking about who was driving).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Akumo
    Akumo Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Ralph-y, thanks, last time though I went through popla and CPM did not even bother fighting the case. Slightly different scenario this time as I did not get a POPLA number from CPM as I have not appealed at this time.

Thanks Coupon-Mad, the link is quite infomrative, I did not realise that they had left the POPLA process and went across to become IAS members (I've just re-read the original ticket and it does indeed say IAS). So basically I just ignore all the letters that they send to me but keep them for 6 years just in case?

Thanks

Akumo
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Yep, like this guy whose thread I replied to two minutes ago:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5433946

On this forum it's like groundhog day but we do stop almost everyone from paying!
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Akumo wrote: »
    Hi

I know you guys have helped me out once before and I'm hoping you'll kindly help me out again.

On the 18th of February I got another parking ticket, this time for loading/unloading my car, in the same place as I got my previous PCN.

Akumo

Why would you do that?
  • Akumo
    Options
    Hi Guys Dad
    The parking bays outside the block of flats where there is allocated parking are not particularly large.
    If I were to unload/load my car from a parking bay I may well end up damaging a neighbouring car, additionally there are other hazards with respect to walking across a car park.
    The only safe place to park up in such circumstances is directly outside the front door of the block of flats.
    I have contacted the property owners to state that there are no processes or procedures in place for anyone wanting to move in or out of the flats but they do not seem to care too much about this so nothing has been done.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fair reply. Thanks.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Akumo wrote: »
    Hi Guys Dad
    The parking bays outside the block of flats where there is allocated parking are not particularly large.
    If I were to unload/load my car from a parking bay I may well end up damaging a neighbouring car, additionally there are other hazards with respect to walking across a car park.
    The only safe place to park up in such circumstances is directly outside the front door of the block of flats.
    I have contacted the property owners to state that there are no processes or procedures in place for anyone wanting to move in or out of the flats but they do not seem to care too much about this so nothing has been done.

Anyone with a PCN in a residents' car park, particularly if it's an IPC firm like yours, who no doubt contend your parking was unauthorised/disallowed, should read the Prankster's Blog linked here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5451157

Three cases in one, won today despite the Beavis decision (no contract so Beavis was not relevant - plus more comments of interest).
  • Akumo
    Options
    Hi

I have received a couple of correspondances from Debt Recovery Plus which I have kept but not responded to.

However today I have just received a letter, with respect to the PCN, this time from Gladstones Solictors, who are acting on behalf of DRP.

I take it that I ignore this as well?
    Or do I need to respond to it?
    Additionally it says that any letters to Gladstone may not be considered.

Regards

Akumo
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    Gladstones Solictors, who are acting on behalf of DRP.

since when have DR+ been able to do anything?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure