IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN from CPM

Options

Comments

• Akumo
    Akumo Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Coupon-Mad

So I need to respond by writing to Gladstones Solicitors in Warrington and use, as a template, the letter created by Daniel San, post #290 at the following link
    forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73208118#post73208118

Regards and thanks in advance

Akumo
  • Akumo
    Options
    Hi

One additional question, do I need to complete the claim form, or do I just send a letter?

Thanks

Akumo
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Akumo wrote: »
    Hi

One additional question, do I need to complete the claim form, or do I just send a letter?

Thanks

Akumo
    Looks like you need to read post #2 of the NEWBIES thread again.

Bargepole's walkthrough explains exactly what you need to do at this stage.
  • Akumo
    Options
    Hi KeithP

Thanks, so I tick the box that states:
    1. I intend to defend all of this claim
    2. Enter my date of birth
    3. sign and date document.
    4. Create witness statement, I take it that this is the same as creating the defence?
    5. Do I need to worry about a counter claim now or can I do that later
    6. Sign and date the back of the form
    7. Post off the docuimentto the county court in Northampthon.

Regards

Akumo
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No, none of that.

You acknowledge the service of the claim ('AOS') online in MCOL like the NEWBIES thread tells you to, then show us your draft defence which you must follow the AOS with.

You do need to re-read the NEWBIES thread; we've said all we can until we see your defence.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Akumo
    Options
    OK, sorry just me being thick, I can see under the Important Notice part it states that I can respond to this claim online through https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk.
    So at the moment I just acknowledge the claim through MCOL and then I have 28 days to construct my defence.
    Is that right?
    Thank you.
  • KeithP
    Options
    It's really very simple.

Here's a quote from Bargepole's thread:
    2. You should now Acknowledge Service of the claim, ticking the box that says you will defend in full. Do NOT put anything in the 'Defence and Counterclaim' text box, not even a full stop. By doing this, you have extended the time to submit a defence to 28 days from date of service, which is the date printed on the claim form plus 5 days. Now it's time to burn the midnight oil, and research relevant defences on these forums. Only look at recent stuff, and don't just blindly cut and paste text, you must adapt it so that it's relevant to your claim.
    What don't you understand?

It's all important... including the last two sentences.
  • Akumo
    Options
    OK, I now have AoS confirmation, thank you.
  • Akumo
    Options
    Hi

So Ixworth has written what appears to be a solid defence against CEL as per a link on the newbies stickies thread.
    However it says that point 10 is specific to that case so do not blindly copy and paste it however I cannot see a point 10, so am I ok to use it as a defence in my case, obviously changing any dates and CEL to UK CPM, if this is the case then I can post after this one.
    Additionally I have been trying to get hold of the housing association where the car was parked to gain the evidence that there is a 15 minute grace period.
    They though will not be back in the office until the 2nd, this cuts things rather tight with my defence having to be in on the 5th.
    I take it that bank holidays are not included in any timeframe given?
    Additionally I had moved out of the property, for personal reasons, intially on a temporary basisa few months beforehand, the place I moved into was only going to be for a few months however it was decided to make it permanent thus on the date in question I was loading my car with personal belongings.
    Should I mention this fact? i.e. provide as evidence both the previous and current rental agreements?
  • KeithP
    Options
    I've not re-read the rest of your thread, but three things spring to mind from your most recent post.

1) you can email your defence statement, which will give you another couple of days.

2) Bank holidays make no difference.

3) You should certainly mention loading. Loading is not parking.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure