IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN from CPM

Options

Comments

• Akumo
    Akumo Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    OK, so like all previous letters, I'll ignore this one as well.
    I was just wondering if I now needed to respond to either company was all.

Thanks

Akumo
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,690 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You will need to respond of you get a LBCCC where DRPlus are not mentioned and which doesn't give the old, incorrect 'Red Cow Yard' address for Gladstones (which we assume this old template letter does). The wrong address is sure proof it's not really *from* any solicitor.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Akumo
    Options
    Hi

I have just received an LBCCC dated 4th December 2017.

not sure what the next steps to take are.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Akumo
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,888 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Your next steps are to read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread to discover how to robustly respond to that letter.
  • Akumo
    Options
    Hi

So having read Post #2 in the newbies thread, it is mentioned that there are new Pre-action protocols for debt claims, having read the details of this from the link provided to the hilldickinson website can someone please confirm that the following as written on the LBC under 'Particulars of Claim' that I have recieved conforms to this protocol:

The driver of the vehicle registration XXXXXXX (the 'Vehicle') incurred the parking charge(s)on XX/XX/2016 for breaching the terms of parking on the land at XXXXXXXXX.
    - XXXXXXXX
    The Defendant was driving the Vehicle and/or is the Keeper of the Vehiclee.
    AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS
    £XXX for Parking Charges/Damages and indemnity costs if applicable, together with interest of £XX.XX pursuant to s569of the County Courtsd Act 1984at 8% pa, continuing to Judgement at £0.04 per day.
    there are several links to other threrads with repsonse that other people have made.

Additionally as I had never written to either CPM or the debt collection company can I simply use the letter template as per Danial san post #290 as per the followiong link?

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73208118#post73208118

Obviously I will need to change dates...

I will then need to post this off to Gladstones at Warrington as well as completing the rest of the paperwork on the claim form, specifically the response pack?

I have gone back to the housing association to request confirmation of the grace period as I have been told by one houising officer that there is a ten minute grace period and by second that it is actually 15 minutes.

Thanks in advance

Akumo
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I will then need to post this off to Gladstones at Warrington as well as completing the rest of the paperwork on the claim form, specifically the response pack?

Thought you had an LBCCC, not an actual claim?

Akumo wrote: »
    I have just received an LBCCC dated 4th December 2017.

If it's a LBCCC then there are newer examples, if you search the forum for 'solicitors immune' and change to only 'show posts' (an advanced search).
  • Akumo
    Options
    Hi

What is the difference between the two?

Regards

Akumo
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    A letter before claim is just a letter on the sender's own letter-heading, threatening court, and it should have enclosures.

A claim is obvious, a form from the County Court Business Centre at Northampton, again with enclosures.

Which have you got?
  • Akumo
    Options
    Hi

At the top of the page it states Claim Form, as well as :
    County Court Business Centre, based in Niorthampton.

Regards

Akumo
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Then you know what it is and the NEWBIES thread tells you what to do.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure