PIP Form Return

Options
Finally got mums form. Needs returning by 8th November. When would you recommend I post it back by?

Comments

• Sheepski
    Options
    1st Nov recorded delivery is when I would suggest. Recent posts have stated it can take up to 10 days to get to them but that's uncommon. Of course as soon as it's done you might as well return it
  • K80_Black
    Options
    Just get it done and sent ASAP. I'd say certainly by the 5th, but there's no reason to sit on it and wait until the last minute.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You can also ring them and ask them to give a two week extension - there is usually no problem getting this. But still aim to get it back by the original date.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,964 Forumite
    Options
    Proof of posting is all you need. Recorded next day delivery is a waste of money because it doesn't mean it's arrived with DWP. All it means is that it's been signed for by someone from Royal mail sorting office and it could be anywhere in the building. It's not classed as arriving until it's been added to the computer.
  • calcotti
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    It's not classed as arriving until it's been added to the computer.
    It's this bit that is apparently taking longer than it should at the moment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks.

I’ve already started typing up the stuff anyway so I was prepared in that respect.

Just the welfare rights support team at the local council was going to check over everything for me and I can’t see them until the 29th October so was hoping that wouldn’t be too late.

It’s good to know about the extension just in case.
  • calcotti
    Options
    MarkN88 wrote: »
    It’s good to know about the extension just in case.
    In my opinion it's worth requesting the extension even if you don't think you need it. It provides a margin of error if the DWP processing takes a while and saves having to ring up and have the "... but I sent it on whatever date" conversations just because the computer has automatically sent out the 'it's late' letter.
    If you request an extension make a note of who you spoke to and confirm the new date with them.
    You will may still get a reminder letter referring to the original date because they don't seem to be able to turn these off.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Brilliant, thanks for all the help and your wisdom in the matter.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,964 Forumite
    Options
    calcotti wrote: »
    It's this bit that is apparently taking longer than it should at the moment.
    Agreed but next day recorded delivery is not going to help it get there faster and never will.
  • calcotti
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Agreed but next day recorded delivery is not going to help it get there faster and never will.
    Completely agree. Wasn't disagreeing with anything you said, just adding a comment about my understanding of where the delays are currently occurring (down to the usual 'technical problem'!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure