PIP Form Return

Options

Comments

• minimad1970
    minimad1970 Posts: 6,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I would return it as soon as possible. My son posted his on 7/9, it was due back on 15/9 and it wasn't put on the system until 4/10.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sent the form today after our meeting yesterday afternoon. Deadline was 8th Nov so hopefully all good.

The charity we used asked us to sign an authorisation form so they could act on my mums behalf. It said they would receive copies of all letters.

This is good as my mum has a visual impairment and can’t read well and I’m not always around.

She will still receive copies herself though for her records?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 26 October 2019 at 12:51PM
    Options
    MarkN88 wrote: »
    She will still receive copies herself though for her records?
    She should. I would expect all letters to still be sent to her with copies sent to her authorised representative (although this last doesn’t always happen).
    Sent the form today after our meeting yesterday afternoon. Deadline was 8th Nov so hopefully all good.
    I recommend ringing around 6th November to check it has been received and registered, if it is not on the system when you call you can ask them to put a two week extension on the due date to give more time for it to be processed.

If she is called for a face to face assessment there is some useful guidance on preparing for this here https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/help-with-your-claim/your-assessment/
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    That’s brilliant thanks.

I just hope she does still get the letters because I’d hate the charity to be backlogged and forget to tell her she has been invited for a face to face.

Maybe when we call I can tell them we still need copies too?
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    That’s brilliant thanks.

I just hope she does still get the letters because I’d hate the charity to be backlogged and forget to tell her she has been invited for a face to face.

Maybe when we call I can tell them we still need copies too?

Your mother should get 'the' appointment letters: any named support workers, medical professionals or whatnot just get copies for their file or diary.

That is the norm across various organisations, as long as each entity has formal permission to share information. It is worth doing this with the family doctor and the charity, if appropriate.

It is a few years ago but my PIP appointment letters came to me (not that I was well enough to open and read my mail!). Copy of the last one went to my NHS crazy nurse.
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • calcotti
    Options
    I just hope she does still get the letters

As I said, letters should still be addressed and sent to her with copies sent to the representative.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I’m amazed that my mum got a text this morning to say they have the form and they’ll be in touch if an assessment is needed. Seems quick?
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,027 Forumite
    Options
    I’m amazed that my mum got a text this morning to say they have the form and they’ll be in touch if an assessment is needed. Seems quick?
    It's just a standard text. Her file will now be sent to the health assessment providers where it will be decided if a face to face is needed but most people have them, so expect that. If one isn't needed, it's a bonus.
  • calcotti
    Options

That’s good to know. Hopefully that means they have fixed the issue that was causing long delays between the mail handling centre and post being recorded on the DWP system.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yeah that’s why I thought it was quick as some people were reporting weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure