Paid off the £31,000! BUT - still scrimping!

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,299 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow SSG you've been busy. Well done on the savings and weight loss :) Good to see you back.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    Welcome back seasidegal

See you again in december lol
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Thanks SA and Scott

I've just finished catching up with your diary SA and have posted there. It's going to take me ages to get through everyone's so I'm going to read one diary per day!

Scott you made me laugh out loud! I promise to try harder and not disappear until Christmas!:D

X
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    Keep posting Seaside :-)
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Yay, the glamour puss is back.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Mysteek
    Mysteek Posts: 232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Welcome back Seaside gal! Glad to hear that everything is ok with you x
    MFIT #73 - Pay all mortgage off in 3 years[STRIKE] £46,400[/STRIKE]£34,295 PAID £12,105
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Thanks inod and Mysteek :hello::hello: I'm not feeling too glamourous at the moment though inod: I'm sitting here with no make-up and scrunched up hair eating my pre-workout banana before I hit the gym!:)

Yesterday was the last day of this month's Scrimpy Week 1 ( as I got paid last Friday on the 25th August and it's an 8 day week this month). Wasn't too bad - every day spends were under control - took my lunch in to work each day though I did go out to lunch with friends last Saturday. Though I'm trying to stick with my diet plan I still have a "cheat day once a week otherwise I'd never get anywhere with it!

I had to renew my yearly Senior Railcard but as I have an annual season ticket for commuting I only had to pay £10 for it instead of £30. :).

Also had to book a hotel at airport as my holiday flight out is leaving at some ridiculous time in the morning - I compared prices on trivago and got the cheapest through booking.com - it wasn't much difference price wise than getting a cab there. It came out off the depleted holiday budget and I had to top up the rest from ad hoc spends.

Anyway I've just over £34 at the end of the week to start off the kitchen fund!

Every little helps!:D
    SSG x
    🌟
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Hope you got cashback on the hotel booking.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    Hope you got cashback on the railcard too. I did last time i renewed a friends and family railcard.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Yes I did get some Cashback inod - 4% from quidco for booking.com:!:)

I didn't get Cashback on the railcard Scott as I didn't think you could and still get the discount I got. To get the card for £10 instead of £30 I have to show my season ticket at my station's booking office and fill in a form. Mind you Railcard do have their own website that is linked to quidco so I'll check on there first next time to see if you can get the discount and Cashback.

Gym session went well but I'm suffering with my foot a bit at the moment. I had plantar fasciitis a couple of years ago and it flared up again when I started upping my cardio with my trainer. I could hardly put my heel down on the ground for a few days a couple of weeks ago! I bought some more supportive trainers and it is much better but still gives me a few twinges. I'm seeing a podiatrist soon but I don't know whether he will be able to get my foot back to normal permanently. So no jogging just brisk walking at the moment.

My field notes arrived in the post today for my holiday so I'm feeling quite excited now!:j

Anyway it was a NSD today. I've got to pick up some bits at Aldi tomorrow but I did my monthly shop last week so I shouldn't be spending that much.

SSG x
    🌟
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts