Travelling On

Options

Comments

• themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,914 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »

March 14th for your brother's cremation - two weeks away still :( I guess we should be back to "normal" winter by then

I sincerely hope by then things might have morphed into spring!! :eek:

Glad your house is looking good Karma :)

Beanie, glad to hear you're not venturing out, but totally get the cabin fever thing - there's something about snow that makes me feel far more desirous of going out (not even to play/walk in it), just because I know it's wiser not to!!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    I am running out of chocolate :eek:
    Someone stuck on the M80 said a man with a 'wee sledge' :rotfl: came along with food and water - maybe be could help you out?
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    ...I am running out of chocolate :eek:

Beanie, not even chocolate is worth going out if you can avoid it! - and this coming from someone with a serious NEED for the dark stuff!

Another long hard trek into work today & was I ever glad to be inside after the almost 3 hours journey!

Our postie has not been by since last week, but we are not actually expecting anything so all is well! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: The joys of being on a rural route!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you all :A like the emoticon says, you're wonderful.
    Love you, K C.
    :o :kisses3: Love you too, sweetie.

I've decided I *am* going out today, michelle - to the postbox at the end of the road! Needs must when a birthday card demands. There's very little snow left on the pavements, its blizzarded away to live somewhere else, but I'll still walk on the roadway, Just In Case :)

RT, your commute is bad enough at the best of times ... I hate to think of you out that long, and that far away. Hope you're back safe before Emma loses her temper :eek:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Amazingly little has been done today .... though I have had the wm on twice, and the dishwasher is going now - not quite as full as it should be, but I want it done in case there's a power cut or anything. I'm just really tired after all the shenanigans of the past week, I guess.

Oh! I had a lovely email yesterday - somebody wants to use one of my photos from my cat blog in a book! With credit! Very pleased :):):)

A to-do list isn't really worth writing, as I feel like doing very little except pottering, but I do have two cards to send, and I'd quite like to place a supermarket order for delivery. By late this afternoon, I'll probably have recovered enough to play with sorting the additions to the patchwork stash - some lovely Christmas fabrics, and a collection of cat fabrics that must have taken years to get together :):):)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,454 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news on cat picture credit :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    rtandon27 wrote: »

Another long hard trek into work today & was I ever glad to be inside after the almost 3 hours journey!

Our postie has not been by since last week, but we are not actually expecting anything so all is well! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: The joys of being on a rural route!

I remember the long, difficult and sometimes scary winter drives to work before I retired. I sometimes felt like I'd done a day's work by the time I got there:eek:

Our postie hasn't been seen since Saturday either and only occasional tractors have been down the lane past our house all this week. The only thing I'm definitely waiting for is my RAC breakdown cover membership card but as I've no intention of driving anywhere (even if I could get out of the driveway) for the foreseeable future I'm not worried about it:rotfl:
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just wanted to check everyone is OK over here but I see you are all (KC's Tribe) being cautious and sensible.

I am going to try going out in the 4wd this morning and will be shopping for our Village Sunday Lunch so I can deliver to our helpers. Hope I will have some time to clear a few paths so it is a bit safer for some of our older local residents today
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    You are a professional photographer. Whoop!
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    ...Oh! I had a lovely email yesterday - somebody wants to use one of my photos from my cat blog in a book! With credit! Very pleased :):):) ...

That's amazing KC, how lovely - another credential to add to your CV :D - and we can all say we have a friend who is an author AND a photographer! :D:D:D
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure