Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    No more chicks and hats. Enough is enough. And as dd kindly pointed out: they may not sell!

So I shall finish off the 4 denim bunnies that have been languishing on the table.

Have been working on a 50 day challenge, as that takes us more or less from the start of the Easter hols through to when the exam kiddies leave... Easy to make ambitious plans when not yet having to accomplish them!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Denim bunnies duly finished.

Workout bunny slope 12done.

Just totted up the month's food spends thus far and it is eek! However, dh has agreed to trying out the envelope system, so I'll put £x in there and we'll see how it goes.

Had a very nice find of £75 of J Sains/H0mebase vouchers on the pin board. No 'use by' date... so we may go paint hunting at the weekend, if the Hbase offers are worth the agony of going on a Bank Hol... Personally, I'd like to see some 'improvement' to the house whilst dh is not at work.

£91 dance fees paid out.
    £40.50 Autoaid paid out.

Dh's quest this week is car insurance. They've slid us all the way down the snake back to the start after dh got sideswiped last year. Not our fault. But the other driver was an arrrrrrrrrse and accepted no liability.

Let's hope the bunnies sell well on Weds...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Just 1 more day of work...

Have 'got out of' watching a boy band/concert thingy for the last 90 mins of tomorrow - my y11 kiddie with hearing issues would rather do her assessment instead. Yippee! So I get 90 mins tidying up/planning time.

And just 1 more day until my 50 day challenge starts...Gulp.

Dh used one of the sainz vouchers today, but had to be persistent to get it accepted. Don't reckon we'll bother with hbase as it's a rotten journey, and has been sold off by sainz so the vouchers may now be invalid there, so will need to find another £70 of items we ONLY buy at sainz...! Bulk buying here we come... How many pots of vitamin sweets, bottles of ec0ver washing liquid and gf breadsticks can that buy us...? 9 (currently on 3 for 2offer) + 10 + 10 = £67 ish...

However, I may venture further afield to a larger store to look at their 'stuff' sections...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Last day, then the hols.

Actually looking forward to the day... I'd love to be able to maintain a 'clear desk' policy, but am far too messy to sustain it, so it happens about 3 times a year...

Off to make lunch + breakfast.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    The day is done. It was a really nice one too. Nipped out for a quick lunchtime walk; got much tidying up done; did my 'teaching'; sorted out some planning.

Now the weather has improved, dd is playing out once home from school.

Tomorrow morning, dh and I shall go and browse in a larger sainz, and try to spend the vouchers, then prob go for a coffee. I know we shouldn't be spending, but it is good to have some time to chat.

The afternoon is the fair! All packed up and ready - just need a big sign or two that say 'Easter Bunnies'.

Dh sorted out the car ins today. We'd not been bumped down to 0, only to 3, so not quite as bad as I'd thought. He got a good deal and we'll be getting one of those free toys soon.:D

He has also changed our gas + leccy supplier, saving us money,and signed up for 18 months, so we won't have all the renewals simultaneously next year.
  • Pearla*Merle
    Pearla*Merle Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Good luck for tomorrow! xx
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Thank you pearla!

Overslept, as I'd forgotten dd had cheer and therefore needed to be up quite early. Whoops. Fortunately dh had set an alarm...

Then dh and I visited sainz, where there was not a quibble to be heard about the vouchers - yay! £25 used up, plus a £3 off voucher too :D. Unable to find a free parking space that would give us time for a leisurely coffee + poss ch shop browse, we simply came home! Money saved.

Day1/50. Exercise done. ZWOW 34. It said to go heavy, so I did :j. Stretching duly done too - am far too creaky to forgo it. All whilst enjoying the delights of HUTH.
  • SueP19
    SueP19 Posts: 1,876 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good luck this afternoon :rotfl::rotfl:
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    :easter_baHope the fair went well xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    The fair was ok. All the chicks sold, and several of the creme egg hats. (So I know that the chicks will work well next Easter) A couple of bunnies went too. Once I'd covered the table cost, I made a few pennies. Again, plenty of interest in the bunnies, but few sales. Ah well. Better than the evening one - at least I came home in credit! :T

Then had to trot back as I have managed to 'mislay' a tablecloth that I borrowed from work. Gulp. Used 2, tidied up 2. Someone else folded them, but am pretty sure I loaded 2 onto the trolley. But only had 1 when home. Odd!

Anyhow, am making 2 more chicks for tomorrow, then I really should concentrate on knitting dd's cardigan... Have not depleted bunny stocks enough to warrant making any more...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback