Tesco
    AA
    TSB
    Nationwide
    Santander
    HSBC
    Starling
    RBS

I am a switcher and take advantage of offers! I would like them all in one place ideally though, getting to the stage where I have too many apps and passwords!
  • mab3000
    mab3000 Posts: 513 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I have a Barclays account as my main account, an account I have which I use for switcher offers which is currently with Santander, and a Starling account which I opened out of curiosity as I work in the banking world, but currently use it for the fee free non sterling transactions over seas.

Interesting to see that the majority of people who have voted in the poll have 11+ current accounts though
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mab3000 wrote: »
    Interesting to see that the majority of people who have voted in the poll have 11+ current accounts though

You need to look closer at the poll results and the wording of your conclusion.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Two less than when this thread started!
    Bye bye Mr T- both those switched to existing accounts, which gave me a small incentive for my trouble! (more than the reduced income from interest)
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • OceanSound
    OceanSound Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    Options
    Surely the results aren't representative of the general population.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    OceanSound wrote: »
    Surely the results aren't representative of the general population.

Well, obviously, no.

They're only 'representative' (and that may not even be true as people may not be being completely honest) of the subset of people who visit this thread and who take part in the poll.

So that's just a few of the users of this forum (not even close to the general population), and those few are just the forum users who visit the bank account pages, and of that group just those who were curious enough to look at this thread and of that subset just those who chose to cast a vote.

So almost certainly entirely meaningless, like most polls on here.
  • OceanSound
    OceanSound Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    Options
    Zanderman wrote: »
    Well, obviously, no.

They're only 'representative' (and that may not even be true as people may not be being completely honest) of the subset of people who visit this thread and who take part in the poll.

So that's just a few of the users of this forum (not even close to the general population), and those few are just the forum users who visit the bank account pages, and of that group just those who were curious enough to look at this thread and of that subset just those who chose to cast a vote.

So almost certainly entirely meaningless, like most polls on here.
    I was saying. Not asking.
  • abz88
    abz88 Posts: 312 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Zero_Sum wrote: »
    They tend to be gloryfied savings accounts really for the ones with decent interest rates. Then theres ones like Halifax reward & co-op everyday rewards which keep minimal in just enough to cover DD just for the free cash. The only account worth having purely for bills it santander 123 lite as its bills you get cashback on.

Depends on your bills. I make more from RBS rewards on bills than I would with Santander 123 lite.
  • abz88
    abz88 Posts: 312 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    In terms of current accounts and why I have them,

- 1 x RBS rewards (for cashback on DD bills)
    - 1 x Nationwide (for 5% interest and 5% regular saver)
    - 1 x TSB (3% interest)
    - 1 x HSBC (switching bonus and 5% regular saver)
    - 1 x Barclays (£3 monthly reward)
    - 1 x Coop (£5.50 monthly reward)

Planning on opening a basic account to then switch to M&S for the 5% regular saver (need to get on this asap before it goes the way of HSBC and First Direct). Halifax account is also on the radar for the £2 a month reward, but struggling to find DDs for it.
  • chelseablue
    chelseablue Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have 2:

Nationwide - get paid into here, and my personal spends are in here

Halifax - Where all the bills come out of and food shopping is done from. I transfer my half into here from Nationwide. Husband transfers his half over from his Lloyds account
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure