PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Options

Comments

• sock-knitter
    Options
    roamin, the snow peeps arrived this morning, thankyou ever so much, they are very much appreciated, and i will get round to sewing them up some time soon, ourcarft fayre is in november
    jack woke me up at 6 am whining, and yelping, and i'm tired, so far he's only had one accident indoors today, mainly because he's been in the garden keeping his eyes on daniel this afternoon, while i had my hair cut. jack had his first injections today,and was very brave and made no fuss. off to join them in the garden
    hugs all
    shaz xxx
    loves to knit and crochet for others
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I'm just collecting up the numbers for the update, and I have a few questions!

Anakat - do you want me to include that lovely crib you made? And your sheep and shepherdess, too?

Jean - do you want me to include all your brilliant snowpeeps? Oh, and your 11 squares - what category are they for?

Chalky - shall I add your lovely MIL's name to our spreadsheet, so that we can add her huge donation of hats?

Knitternan - Jean has already added your name to the spreadsheet - you'll see when you check your totals (when I've done the update, which I haven't yet!) that all baby hats (whether bonnets, preemie hats, and so on) are totalled as 'Baby hats'.

I think that's all the questions for now. I've just heard DH pull up on the drive, so I'd better be off putting the kettle on!

Maytaurus - how are you? I hope you are feeling as well as can be expected.

Mrs MW - I think of you often and wonder how you are.

KathyXX

By the way, I've spoken to my Mum loads of times lately and yesterday was the first day she said that she can see better since her cataract op! I'm so relieved because I thought something may have gone wrong, and she would never ever let anyone near her eyes again! It seems like the op worked!
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • roamin_in_the_gloamin
    roamin_in_the_gloamin Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 September 2011 at 4:30PM
    Options
    Glad to hear that the (FLAT PACK) snow peeps have all arrived where they were supposed to be!
    2128377eblwiwsq3t.gif
    to all you new ladies that have joined us...sorry it's taken me a couple of days to catch up with you all.
    Shaz - Jack sounds like a great bundle of laughs - vinegar in the water when you wash or dab where he has been to the loo in doors and he shouldn't go back there, although it didn't work on MIL's yorkshire terrorist because she just let him pee anywhere and by the time he came to us it was a might too late, so lots of walks were needed!
    I still haven't caught up with the forum posts, someone (DH) keeps giving me little jobs that need to be done RIGHT AWAY, oh and when he has cooked the meals I really do only have a couple of minutes to get to the table or its a monster sulk (not me you understand). He has been so good over the last four months but surely must be getting a bit fed up with it all .... so I plan to start the cooking again on alternate days and see if that takes some of the pressure off him.
    Pippa.S sending loving thoughts to you and your nearest and dearest, hang on in there.
    Also sending every one of you a squishy cuddle and lots of love just for you. I see Mrs Twins has received her blankies, so off to see what else is happening out there in cyber space....I have about 45 minutes before HIS MASTERS VOICE yells to go and have dinner! So I had better make the most of it. Back later lovelies.
    xJean

KAHTY - BLANKET SQUARES.....had 11 before (I will make the lot into a blanket at some stage - promise)
    snowpeeps.......I only did the knitting......the others will be doing the stuffing and sewing
    -50 Shetland School, 50 Aberdeen (PSSO) school, 50 Kent (DWS) School, 50 Baden France School, 20 ISOM, 20 SOCK KNITTER, 20 MRS MONEYPENNY - I didn't intend to count them.
    perhaps a general heading of TOYS.....COVERS ALL SORTS??
    The Hooligan Wooligan – age 9¾
    Charity Knitting 2015-
    2xSIBOL butterflies -86x squares
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    Options
    now I know theres stuffing somewhere lol! Going to try and do a couple of snowmen putting togeather a day...feels like a factory here - chutney on the go; piggy drying; just about to paint a set of decopatch things and then thats them done so just need to felt hearts and add them to the wreaths I got at hobbycraft! Not even thought of my presents yet lol! Nice early return home as managed to get to the osteopath and was clicked top to bottom of my poor back! Will need to go back and am quite sore but at least know I wasnt being OTT - he said it was a mess and hes been doing my back for over a decade!
    Socky sounds like Jack has your heart!! Does he sleep on your bed? Bound to have accidents for a bit as just a baby! Hope he gives you lots of love! Good that he was brave too!
    Roaming can understand what you mean but go gently me lovely or you'll end up a few steps back - must be frustrating for you too?
    Miol sounds like youve been busy? What news of mr and mrs Pig?
    Pippa hope the treatment is going ok?
    Chalky hope youre ok amongst the rushing here and there?
    Anakat the little lambs are especially lovely...do you have a pattern for them as may try to make some more!
    Mrs M how is health in your neck of the woods?
    Seakay havent seen you for a while and hope you are ok?
    Salome not seen you of late...hope all ok amongst schooling etc...
    This time of year is tough going me thinks; this year Ive been feeling it a bit as the days darker and woke up thinking it was middle of night but no, 6.30! Heating going on tonight too! Right off to sort out the chutney and have a think about supper! hugs all!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• Mrs_Twins
    Options
    Wow! Wow! Wow!
    That's all I can say Ladies.
    Today I receive a very large parcel, and I was absolutely amazed to find out what was inside!
    Four beautiful beautiful Blankets. and 'two squares' I have to add.
    Thank you all so very very much!
    I actually had tears in my eyes when I opened the parcel, how kind you all are!
    I cannot thank you enough.
    I read on Chalkys blog the other day and saw the blankets but I never for one minute thought they were for SIBOL!
    The Elderly folk are going to have some really lovely blankets on their knees this year again.
    Each and everyone of the squares was just superb. They were all made up beautifully also by Chalky. Thank you Chalky for doing that
    and for sending them and been able to keep it an absolute secret!

I am very busy making these Challenge Blankets up at the moment.
    I do hope you will pop across to SIBOL and see what's been going on over there.
    There are lots of new Blankets and I would just like to thank everyone for their fabulous support this year.

www.sunshineinternationalblanketsoflove.blogspot.com

Thank you all so very much.
    You've made my day and you will be making the Elderly folks too very soon.

Love Suex
  • anakat
    anakat Posts: 250 Forumite
    Options
    mioliere wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

Anakat - do you want me to include that lovely crib you made? And your sheep and shepherdess, too?

KathyXX

Yes plese the crib went preemies uk and the sheep to ISOM for fund raisers

Anakat the little lambs are especially lovely...do you have a pattern for them as may try to make some more!

:o As i said earlier my PC died and I lost all my saved online links, but as far as I remember it was a ravely patt and I think called sheep in sheeps clothing. They are really quick and easy to do :)
  • PurpleTeddyBear
    PurpleTeddyBear Posts: 251 Forumite
    edited 20 September 2011 at 3:06PM
    Options
    de-lurking to say "'ello" - been feeling decidedly rubbish over the last few weeks, so haven't been up to posting much, although I have been keeping an eye on you all!

DD started nursery this morning (at the ripe old age of 3 and a week...). Where ah where did my baby go to? (have tried adding a picture, but it won't let me)

SDC11229.JPG

Am making a super chunky pressie at the moment, the 12mm(eek) needles are soooo big it's like knitting with broomhandles, and making my wrists ache!

Hugs all round - hope I be feeling brighter soon

Dawn xx
    :hello:
  • sock-knitter
    Options
    dawn, what is it that u are making with the hugs needles?? i remember leaving mine at nursey when they were little,
    in fact after seeing daniel all weekend, i almost had a tear dropping him off at his flat this evening
    jack dosent seem to like being left on his own at all, can see this becoming very tiring, have to leave the tv on, just so he is quiet long enough for me to have a bath or prepare a meal. as he isnt house trained his crate/ bed are downstairs, best to keep the accidents in one or two rooms, and in his crate when i have to go out, so he dosent wreck the house, as he dosent like been left, but he is so adorable and lovable, and loves to snuggle up to me anytime he can, so thats the knitting out for the time being
    hugs all
    shaz xxx
    loves to knit and crochet for others
  • notjustlaura
    Options
    Just finished my first SANDS shawl. Think next up is a coloured blankie for my Church's Life charity.
    Household: Laura + William-cat
    Not Buying It in 2015
  • psso
    psso Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    Options
    Anakat - is this the pattern you used for the sheep?
    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sheep-in-sheeps-clothing

By the way, welcome to all the newbies, nice to have you aboard.

notjustlaura - well done on finishing the SANDS blanket. I like doing them as my mindless piece of knitting when I have to hang around for hospital appointments, waiting to pick up various family members etc. I also do the little version in pastel colours for other prem baby charities.
    knitternan - what a lot of little gowns you have done. So many people will be touched by your kindness.

Mrs Twins - so pleased you liked the blankets. A few more for your elderly people and you didn`t have to sew them together - bonus!!

Kathy - hope you enjoyed the peace and quiet today. Make the most of it, something is bound to come along and disrupt things.

Socky - give Jack a warm hot water bottle to snuggle up to. It might help to settle him.

Well I didn`t get the weeds out today as we spent too long with FIL and it gets dark earlier now. They`ll have to wait a while longer I suppose.

Going to watch Doc Martin on +1 shortly as DD is hogging the telly just now, then off to bed and hope to sleep a bit better tonight as have been waking at stupid o`clock and not getting off again for ages.

Night all.
    Fully paid up member of S.A.B.L.E.
    Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy :D

Charity knitting 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business